The 420 stepped Baja???? >

The 420 stepped Baja????

Notices

The 420 stepped Baja????

Old 08-08-2002, 02:48 PM
Registered

Received 3,020 Likes on 987 Posts
Question The 420 stepped Baja????

In the '97 Baja brochure, there is a nice big poster of the converted and totally customized 420 Boss with twin steps, tripple 800 merc SC's, #6 dry sumps, custom exhaust with ports out of the sides of the boat, port and starbard helms with removable wheels (like the OL's) etc. etc. etc.

They used this boat for promotion's and the apba circuit pace boat. I believe they (Baja?) was trying to sell this boat a year or so ago for cheap (for the boat) as I recall....like upper to mid 100's. The thing is f*ckin SICK! To say the least and possibly the nicest Baja ever built (still awaiting the Skater/Baja )

This boat has been talked about on this forum before in various threads. My question is......Where the hell is this boat now?? Anyone know who bought it? Or IF someone bought it at all? Anyone see it running anywhere? I would guess it would be running somewhere in Ohio. Anyone know????

Tank
Old 08-08-2002, 04:31 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That thing is awsome... I've wondered where it is myself. (maybe by the time I retire I'll have enough in my 401k to buy it) I have the poster hung above my computer at home and always find myself staring at it daydreaming... what if?
Old 08-08-2002, 05:58 PM
Registered

Received 3,020 Likes on 987 Posts

LOL, Dave I have the poster hung up too....I do the same thing....I look at it every day. When I saw it was for sale at that relatively cheap price, I couldn't believe it. So where is it now???
Old 08-08-2002, 06:47 PM
Boating Fool

Ah that nothing. I have the 40 Outlaw poster above my desk and the hammer wallpaper on my computer. Talk about your extremes. Daydreaming on the wall and the goal for 2004 on the computer. I am looking to buy my first boat, probably a hammer, in the spring of 2004. If I could only get those damn bills paid off quicker.

So riding in my dads cat for one more year.

Old 08-08-2002, 06:58 PM
Gone Fishin'
Charter Member

I have that 42 step boat picture hung on the cieling at the top of the stairs as I go down into my basement!! See it every day when I get home as that is also where my back door is. Awsome boat!!!!!
Old 08-09-2002, 05:09 AM
Registered

I've got the same poster hanging above the computer at home as well. Awesome looking boat!! I wonder how it handled being that Baja isn't known for their stepped hulls and it never made it to production. I mean if it did work good, don't you think they would have made them (at least out of their custom shop)?
Just thinking out loud
Old 08-09-2002, 08:16 AM
Registered

Believe it or not guys, that boat is in good ol Iowa, owned by a small Baja dealership that's about as large as the town. The motors have been completely redone, and he's working over the hull right now. He will be running it down at LOTO. It's COMPLETELY awesome, but was in pretty rough shape when he got it. Has trick stuff like camera's on the dash to watch the engines and stuff like that. The engine compartment is big enough to put my 232 in it.! I've looked it over quite a bit, and it looks to me like a reworked 420. I've heard say that the boat will run 107mph.......

Just never know what you'll find in Iowa. 'Sorcerer' is from here also. We've got some serious boating geeks with 2 much damn money
Old 08-09-2002, 08:24 AM
Registered

Would somebody post a pic of the boat? OK Baja Daze, go to work and find it, that is, if you can!!

What? That boat will run at LOTO? Man, wish I could be there. Unfortunately, family coming in from Flordia cancelled the trip.
Old 08-09-2002, 08:55 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Okay guys, Is this the one??

Let me preface this by appologizing for the poor quality of this pic, let me explain:

I took this awesome sunset photo in November of 2000, during the St. Pete World Championships. I had it enlarged to 36" X 24" and had it framed. It sits above my desk in my office and I stare at it all the time.

So, I carried this huge framed photo over to our little scanner and did my best to scan it in three parts. This is what I came up with. Believe me, the original is awesome!

Now, to the boat...It is one of the all time most beautiful, most awesome boats, I've ever seen. I hope it's the same one you guys are talking about!!!
Attached Thumbnails The 420 stepped Baja????-baja3.jpg  
Old 08-09-2002, 08:56 AM
Registered

I would take a pic, but he never pulls it out of the shed, and it's literally as big as the shed, so i couldn't get back far enough to get a good shot. It's still dressed in the pace boat graphics, but i'm not sure if he's going to change that or not. O, the interior is all redone also, so it's getting close to water time...

Quick Reply: The 420 stepped Baja????

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.