Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Baja
the sport 280 >

the sport 280

Notices

the sport 280

Old 02-21-2014, 09:53 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Anyone ever wrap one of these? I have 2 teal stripes I do not want. I was thinking of buying a roll of 3m 1080 white and just doing the sides.

I watched some YouTube videos and it looks doable but I am wondering what you use at. The edges to be sure it does not peel.
Attached Thumbnails the sport 280-img_20130920_123444_930.jpg   the sport 280-17585_4548097355483_1717769977_n.jpg  

Last edited by Baja226sport; 02-21-2014 at 09:55 AM. Reason: pic added
Old 02-21-2014, 01:29 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

then what do you do with giant teal stripe on bow ? And what color is your cockpit ? how long have you had your boat ? You don't like teal any more ?
Old 02-21-2014, 01:58 PM
Registered

The owner before me had the sides and the stripe on my 280 painted before I got the boat. I love the paint on the sides; no chalking or need to wax them twice a year. I wish the rest of the boat, including the cockpit, was painted too!!!! I agree with you that the old Baja colors and patterns are out of date and changing them would make your boat look more modern!
Old 02-21-2014, 03:19 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by hurryup
then what do you do with giant teal stripe on bow ? And what color is your cockpit ? how long have you had your boat ? You don't like teal any more ?
I can cover the center stripe as well, I was just more concerned with putting vinyl on the sides and what happens if it is in contact with the water while getting under way or slowing down. I know it is out of the water while at running speed but what happens otherwise?

I do not like the teal, I never ever liked the teal. I just bought a like new, always garaged, almost no hour boat with engine upgrades for short money from a guy who needed to sell. I have not had it long at all.
Old 02-21-2014, 03:21 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Port Monster
The owner before me had the sides and the stripe on my 280 painted before I got the boat. I love the paint on the sides; no chalking or need to wax them twice a year. I wish the rest of the boat, including the cockpit, was painted too!!!! I agree with you that the old Baja colors and patterns are out of date and changing them would make your boat look more modern!
The painted sides on your boat are indeed very nice. It looks alot newer! So does the updated dash and interior, Overall a very nice boat that's why I wanted to buy it years ago!!
Old 03-02-2014, 08:14 PM
Registered

the wrap has a special seam sealer that is applied over the edges that can come in contact with the waters surface........... It too heat shrinks down into place....... My 226 had the stripes painted in imron.......... My boy has had the boat for 10 yrs and I had it for five before him........ the imron is now nicer to this day than the orig gel coat!........ You know My boat is a full wrap...... but if I had those stripes to cover ....... no doubt in my mind Id do it again in Imron.....[IMG][/IMG]

Last edited by enrgeezone; 03-02-2014 at 08:44 PM.
Old 03-03-2014, 07:44 AM
Registered

Received 25 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Baja226sport
I was just more concerned with putting vinyl on the sides and what happens if it is in contact with the water while getting under way or slowing down. I know it is out of the water while at running speed but what happens otherwise?
I had a local shop print and install a 1/2 wrap on my 265. It is holding just fine. Cost was about $1,500-1,600 for everything. I would highly recommend having the pros install the wrap. I'm quite handy and thrifty but installing a 28 foot long sticker with out any wrinkles or bubbles is where i draw the line and have to brake down and pay the pros that do it every day.

Mid process/ first layer