Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Baja
Anyone know What these tips are???  HELP!! >

Anyone know What these tips are??? HELP!!

Notices

Anyone know What these tips are??? HELP!!

Old 03-23-2014, 11:36 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone know What these tips are??? HELP!!

Wondering if anyone could tell me what these exhaust tips are? The bodies are 7 inches and the end of the tips are 5 inch. they have a small nut in the center with a plate bolted to it. Looks like the exhaust comes out around the outside edges. Like the looks of them, but they are a little to quiet. Would like to know if the muffler can be removed? Has twin 540's. Any info would be great. Thanks.

http://performanceboatcenter.com/images/boats/701/8.jpg
Old 03-23-2014, 01:12 PM
Registered

Received 22 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by viperbusa
Wondering if anyone could tell me what these exhaust tips are? The bodies are 7 inches and the end of the tips are 5 inch. they have a small nut in the center with a plate bolted to it. Looks like the exhaust comes out around the outside edges. Like the looks of them, but they are a little to quiet. Would like to know if the muffler can be removed? Has twin 540's. Any info would be great. Thanks.

http://performanceboatcenter.com/images/boats/701/8.jpg

They resemble the Corsa Quick & Quiet tips but may not be them.
Old 03-23-2014, 06:31 PM
Registered

They are not captains call setup. Are straight from the headers. They look like they can be unclamped from the inside rubber hose and pulled out the outside??
Old 03-24-2014, 05:52 PM
Registered

After looking at them closer I think they are the corsa exhaust. Next question is has anyone taken the insides out to make them louder??? Would like to put captains call on it, but don't see the exhaust plumbing going down the lower unit??
Old 03-24-2014, 06:27 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by viperbusa
After looking at them closer I think they are the corsa exhaust. Next question is has anyone taken the insides out to make them louder??? Would like to put captains call on it, but don't see the exhaust plumbing going down the lower unit??
I did and I will tell you it isn't worth it. You will spend a ridiculous amount of time chewing the material out of the tips. You would be better off selling those and buying a set of straight trough tips. You will have to remove them anyway if you where going to remove the innards.
Old 03-24-2014, 06:58 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Regular tips are cheap enough, just buy them. If you need take a look in the swap shop, I and others have the Y pipe you need for captains call really cheap. Of course you woul dhave to buy the rest of the stuff though.
Old 03-24-2014, 07:45 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 224 Likes on 129 Posts

That boat has boxes.....in order to have captains call, there are a couple of not off the shelf pieces required to make it work.....basically a couple of flanges and a piece of exhaust hose to connect them.

The hose is easy enough to come up with, it's the flanges that connect up to the transom assy and the other one that connects to the y pipe that are the rare pieces....I know this because my boat is equipped this way.

Then, let's not forget the diverters....this boat has cmi headers, so you have to get the diverters that will work with those.

IMO, it's not worth it.
Old 03-26-2014, 05:43 PM
Registered

thanks for all the help. I think that I will go with some new straight through angle cut tips and maybe keep or sell these. Looking at the Hardin 10" tips with internal flaps? Are these the best bang for the buck?? Thanks again.