Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Baja
Kicking off the covers >

Kicking off the covers

Notices

Kicking off the covers

Old 06-19-2014, 12:27 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You never told me that Dave! Lol. Fortunately, I have no issues. I only tow with the cover snapped on. It keeps the boat clean, more streamlined, looks great, and protects the windshield from stones, etc.
Old 06-19-2014, 10:16 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Sydwayz
There are dozens of variables that affect the wind going across the boat. A truck with a shell on it, vs. open bed vs. tonneau cover, etc. etc. There is no specific variable. Your cover might be fine for 100 miles, but pass one 18 wheeler at 55 mph on a two lane road; and whooosh.
Lol very true that would suck! My truck is just open no camper or cover, but luckily I only tow it occasionally as it stays in dry storage. I've seen people though towing boats and their cover is flapping around, I get around them quick don't want it flying back and covering up my windshield!
Old 06-19-2014, 10:33 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

Originally Posted by BajaDawg
Lol very true that would suck! My truck is just open no camper or cover, but luckily I only tow it occasionally as it stays in dry storage. I've seen people though towing boats and their cover is flapping around, I get around them quick don't want it flying back and covering up my windshield!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=38v51JvIv0A&feature=kp
Old 06-20-2014, 08:55 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by XT-Innovator
For every cockpit cover we make I tell the customer there are NO refunds if you choose to trailer with it in place. I have done it myself, but only if the weather was real bad and I went 55 mph while looking back more than forward. Same thing for a full mooring cover that I used to trailer with it bunggied to the trailer. That thing would puff up 3' taller than the deck. The ONLY cover that offers a warranty to trailer down the road is a ShurLast Trailering cover with the ratchet strap system. I have one in grey for a windshield 232 if you are interested.

XT
Is this the company and cover you're talking about?

http://commercialsewing.com/view-pro...lerable+Covers
Old 06-21-2014, 11:08 AM
Custom Interiors & More

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yep! I personally worked with the owner Sam and making all the Baja model patterns. Not that many boat companies are lucky enough to have patterns done by Commercial Sewing to even offer them. I know Formula, and 4 Winns have, but I don't know many others. They don't sell direct and CS likes to only sell to OEM's or larger distributers, but I am lucky enough to have an account with them for all the help I provided in the past on the Baja product line.

XT
Old 06-21-2014, 11:16 AM
Custom Interiors & More

Originally Posted by puzzleboy
You never told me that Dave! Lol. Fortunately, I have no issues. I only tow with the cover snapped on. It keeps the boat clean, more streamlined, looks great, and protects the windshield from stones, etc.
Your right! First thing next week I am going to get some tags made to sew to every cover we produce with our "Logo, care and matainence, and Warnings"

XT
Old 06-22-2014, 08:18 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by XT-Innovator
but I am lucky enough to have an account with them for all the help I provided in the past on the Baja product line.

XT
So, this means if I ever need a new trailer cover for our 26OL you're the guy to talk to?
Old 06-22-2014, 08:19 AM
Registered

That was really funny!!! I love how he gets closer and he gets louder!!!
Old 07-02-2014, 01:41 PM
Custom Interiors & More

Originally Posted by TW720HVY
So, this means if I ever need a new trailer cover for our 26OL you're the guy to talk to?
I can help you to get one!

XT