2006 25ft Baja Outlaw Ebay Find >

2006 25ft Baja Outlaw Ebay Find

Notices

2006 25ft Baja Outlaw Ebay Find

Old 07-26-2014, 08:38 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2006 25ft Baja Outlaw Ebay Find

As stated in previous threads I'm in the market for a speedboat, most likely a Baja.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/201135894810...84.m1423.l2661

Can anyone give me some insight on a reasonable price for a boat like this one? Nada value says roughly 33k on the low side and 37k average. I offered 35k and he said he'd never sell. Although his last listing bid didn't even reach 30k.

How do you guys decide how much to offer someone for a boat? The prices on boats always seem unreasonably high in the summer (duh) but are people actually selling for these prices with roughly a month left?

Also, what kind of speeds is a boat like this likely to see, cruising and top speed.
Old 07-26-2014, 10:09 AM
Registered

I own the same boat a year older and I think that he is reasonably priced. I don't think NADA will be a very good guide in the used boat market. As you can see, prices are all over the place and there are too many variables. When I was shopping the prices didn't fluctuate as much as you might think over the seasons but you might find someone just wanting to get out of it. This boat has the 496 HO so I would say you would be around 67-68 GPS speed with the correct prop. Hope this helps.
Old 07-26-2014, 11:25 AM
Registered

It is also kind of difficult to make an offer on a boat that you or someone you trust who knows boats has not seen in person.

Most all boats look good in pictures, but once you stand next to them and see blemishes, wear and tear or not, depending on the owner will also make a difference.

Regarding the NADA, most lenders will use that as a guild to the value of the loan. As the price goes up then they'll more than likely want a marine appraisal, at least that is what we had to do with our refinance with my Credit Union.

Like cmkworm said there are a lot of variables that go into the price and that boat, if truly well maintained, isn't a bad price. But, make sure your offer is contingent upon a Marine Survey! Because boats, unlike cars, can have a series of problems that can instantly turn it into a very expensive "lawn ornament" for the unsuspecting new owner.
Old 07-27-2014, 08:36 PM
Registered

make an offer on my boat prob one of the cleanest 25 outlaws out there its the one from toronto ontario