1000 Island Poker run >

1000 Island Poker run

Notices

1000 Island Poker run

Old 08-28-2002, 08:57 AM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post
Default 1000 Island Poker run

I just got back from the Poker Run and all I can say is WOW!

My Way II, Tomcat and all the boats were awesome. My girlfriend took 125 pictures of almost all the boats. I met other fellow OSO'ers. One of these days I will enter a poker run, just not one as large as this one. I will be back next year for sure.

Daze,

I finally got some water pics of the boat. Could I send them over to you? I have also got to figure out how to post pictures, because I have a ton of nice ones from the Poker Run.
Old 08-28-2002, 01:58 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

EvilTwin,
It is an awesome event, I missed it this year because of work schedule, but I'm NOT going to miss it next year!
There is a smaller Poker Run in June if your interested. And I highly recommend the 1000 Islands Boat Club Fun Run/Poker Run in July. I did the fun run this past July and it was the best time I've ever had on a boat, everyone in the club said the same thing.
And it is cheap, $50 to join club, $25 for a poker hand. Included a meal and overnight dockage at Bonnie Caslte.
Think it over and let me know if your interested.
Old 08-28-2002, 02:10 PM
Registered

Bajadave,

I will absolutely do the fun run next July. Any info I can have would be great. Thank you. I would like to do a few poker runs next year. Small ones since I am new to them. Last weekend was an impressive sight. I was taking pictures of the boats running 50 feet off the bow of my boat!
Old 08-28-2002, 03:13 PM
Registered

EvilTwin,

You are going to have a blast!

I mailed you a number to reach Mark Hodge.

I know what you mean about a close up, we were in the Canadian channel last year when My Way, Tom Cat, and another Skater split and went on each side of us Felt rain drops falling from there spray, 150+mph, wow!

I know you have a long way to go, but it is worth it. They have several events thru-out the year also.
The poker run started at A-bay, we went to Kingston Ontario, had lunch, then departed and went to Cedar Point (near Cape Vincent), then to Lake of the Ilses, then to went north to Jordnstat(sp) Castle and back to Bonnie Castle. There they had a big buffet dinner,a raffle for prizes, and the poker hand draw. We then had sort of a pool party til dark, and then went to Mr.C's for music and dancing til 2am. And the party didn't quit until well past that.

They're having a Die-hard run from A-bay to Henderson Harbor on Sept. 14th that I'm planning on attending.

Oh yeah, members also get a discount off the entry fee of the June poker run. ($325 instead of $500) Not yet sure of August run?
Old 08-28-2002, 03:21 PM
Registered

Bajadave,

Thank you for the info. I got your email and the numbers and I am going to join. It sounds like a great time. The drive is worth it if the people are cool and there is fun to be had. Thanks again. If you are ever interested in coming east to Sacandaga let me know.
Old 08-28-2002, 03:35 PM
Registered

You got it,

Hope to meet you soon!