Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Baja
Hey Tank, you humper....... >

Hey Tank, you humper.......

Notices

Hey Tank, you humper.......

Old 09-23-2002, 06:01 PM
Allan4

Default Hey Tank, you humper.......

Got any GPS numbers yet on the ole' mule..........??

Old 09-23-2002, 06:38 PM
Registered

Received 3,018 Likes on 987 Posts

Don't dis-respect your father!!!
No man...I've been seriously lagging. I didn't run it last weekend and I think I'm not going to be running it this weekend either. The Ventura Offshore APBA races are this weekend and I'm going to be on my buddies Cig all weekend

I think my speedo is clogged But I do plan on getting some numbers pretty quick. I also need to get the prop dialed in. I thought I was going to need a bigger prop but it turns out I'm going to need to try a 26 4 blade I think. The 28 I'm turning right now is only putting out about 5K I need 5500. But I told you about the run to Havasu right. That sh!t was smokin out there man. I was even keeping up with this pretty bad cat, although he had like 6 people in his boat, and the water was snotty, he still couldn't stay infront of me I kept on running up next to him and passing him. It felt f*ckin nice to run like that in my boat let me tell you! Every time I would be haulin ass with people, when we stopped I would ask them what they were reading on the speedo and no one ever told me it was always "I don't know man I wasn't really looking." They were just feelin short 'cause I was passing them!!

I had a couple of guys flag me down after running asking me what I had in the boat. One guy with a 252 (I think) was all, "dude, we were running 60 and you guys blew by us like we were anchored!!!" It feels good! As soon as I get the numbers I'll let you know.

Tank
Old 09-23-2002, 07:29 PM
Allan4

SAAAWWEEEEEEEEETTTT!!!!! Dude, I know what you mean about finally being able to run respectable. Feels nice for sure, no freakin' doubt about that. The season is starting to wind down up here, not like out in Cali. Grab ya someones GPS and get some figures ya ball bag. Thanks dad, A4

Old 09-23-2002, 09:16 PM
Registered

Yep, no winterizing out here for us!! Someone said once...The only thing they do to winterize is throw a sweatshirt down in the cabin!

I have a GPS...I just need to put some batteries in it and figure out how to use it!!
I will do it soon though....Maybe this Friday.

How's your load going man?? Whats the numbers you are seeing out of that thing? Running good I'm sure.
Old 09-23-2002, 09:46 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Tank

Quit futzing around. I'll let you use my hand held GPS. All you have to do is turn it on, set it on the floor so it doesn't bounce out, and it records the MAX speed. Simple stuff! I'll have to reset the MAX speed at that is there right now. It shows 605MPH at he moment. I had it on while we were landing on a flight in Philly earlier this year.
Old 09-24-2002, 11:16 AM
Allan4

Nort, that's hilarious, you had the GPS on a flight!!!!!!????!!!!

I guess I am kinda a boner as well, I GPS all sorts of stuff, like a little kid playing with a gameboy. Just waiting to get pulled over and then start argueing the cop claiming "GPS" speeds. That'll go over like a fart in church.

Tank, best to date is 74.0 GPS. I usually see about 70-72 depending on fuel and load and temp and how heavy my friend's girlfriends are etc....We are going to be making some runs the next few weeks up here in the cooler weather and maybe I will break that 74 mark, we'll have to wait and see. At any rate, much better than the 58.2 I got last year

Catch ya on the flip side cock knocker, keep the boys out in Cali under control......A4

Old 09-24-2002, 06:03 PM
Registered

Nort, I may just take you up on that. Bring it up here for the races this weekend!!

Allen, 74 is smokin bro. How much hp are you running through that thing and what prop??
Old 09-26-2002, 06:42 PM
Allan4

Tank, 520 hp, 575ft/lbs/tq. 23 Rev4 prop labbed. The labbing did little. I need to find a 22 rev4 if there is such a thing. Anyone have one?????? IT handle s really well right now, the attitude of the boat is correct, but you do have to drive it to keep it from chining.

Ran 71.9 last night on the Ohio river with about 35 gallons of gas and me and a buddy and some gear. Lose the passenger and fuel and I would probably see 74ish again. Damn pig hual just ain't built for speed. You say 74 is fast....I say it ain't fast enough

I'm impatient as a horny trucker in a traffic jam waiting on yer numbers. Let 'er rip..... Later.