BAJA 272 - Need New Aluminum Trailer - HELP PLS

Notices

BAJA 272 - Need New Aluminum Trailer - HELP PLS

Old 04-29-2018, 11:04 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BAJA 272 - Need New Aluminum Trailer - HELP PLS

Hi all,

Happy boating season to everyone! I'm in need of a replacement trailer for my 2000 Boss 272. Currently have a tandem steel 4 bunk trailer but it's beginning to cost $$ to get it ready for another few years. I'd like to move to a replacement aluminum trailer. Possibly Heritage? Need suggestions on what brand/model to move to for my setup and where I can find one asap? I'm in Georgia but understand it may be easier to order online and have it delivered?

Thanks everyone for your help as always!

Last edited by cire; 04-29-2018 at 11:15 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 04-30-2018, 05:03 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 591 Likes on 271 Posts

I build 2 Heritage trailers for my Baja's very happy with them.
Old 05-01-2018, 09:22 AM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by cire
Hi all,

Happy boating season to everyone! I'm in need of a replacement trailer for my 2000 Boss 272. Currently have a tandem steel 4 bunk trailer but it's beginning to cost $$ to get it ready for another few years. I'd like to move to a replacement aluminum trailer. Possibly Heritage? Need suggestions on what brand/model to move to for my setup and where I can find one asap? I'm in Georgia but understand it may be easier to order online and have it delivered?

I bought a Manning all aluminum trailer for my 33 and love it. A friend of mine also bought a Manning all aluminum for his 272. They are a good looking trailer that's well built.

I probably have 10,000 miles on mine since we got it.

Old 05-02-2018, 01:25 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 500 Likes on 234 Posts

Hi all,

If you do decide to buy a Heritage trailer I suggest calling Rend Lake Marina in Benton,Ill. They gave me the best deal I have found on Heritage trailers when I have bought new. Also Heritage only sells through a dealer and they are only around 10 miles away from them. Hope this helps and the staff at Heritage are great people. You can drive right up and pick the trailer up if you like to save a delivery fee to your destination.
Old 05-02-2018, 10:34 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Steel Outlawed
I bought a Manning all aluminum trailer for my 33 and love it. A friend of mine also bought a Manning all aluminum for his 272. They are a good looking trailer that's well built.

Looks nice! Can you share any information on the model, etc that your friend purchased for his 272? Where he bought it, rough cost, etc? Thanks!
Old 05-02-2018, 12:42 PM
Registered

Looks nice! Can you share any information on the model, etc that your friend purchased for his 272? Where he bought it, rough cost, etc? Thanks!
He might chime in. But he got it from Manning Marine Boat Trailers, Aluminum boat trailer, Steel Boat Trailers. All of their trailers are custom built to the boat. He got the drive guard added, EOH brakes, stainless brakes and lines, and stainless hardware. Not sure about the other things he got, but it was around $9,000.00.
Old 05-02-2018, 12:45 PM
Registered

By the way he's in the Atlanta area and boats on Lake Lanier.
Old 05-02-2018, 02:09 PM
Registered

He might chime in. But he got it from Manning Marine Boat Trailers, Aluminum boat trailer, Steel Boat Trailers. All of their trailers are custom built to the boat. He got the drive guard added, EOH brakes, stainless brakes and lines, and stainless hardware. Not sure about the other things he got, but it was around $9,000.00.
Awesome. Thanks for the info!
Old 06-08-2018, 04:18 AM
Registered

$9000 is a bit over the top for an aluminum 272 trailer. I had one custom built by Wesco I believe for $4000. Looks great, and the quality is very good. Radial tires, aluminum wheels, LED lights, spare, wrapped I-beams where they meet the tongue, etc. I went with surge brakes, but the cost was similar for electric.

Nothing against Manning, but 272s are pretty light (4400 lbs). I'd definitely go heavier for a 36, etc.
Old 06-09-2018, 08:30 AM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Love your setup... That boat and trailer is awesome.. Thats probably the cleanest 33, I have ver seen... Awesome..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.