25' Outlaw >

25' Outlaw

Notices

25' Outlaw

Old 10-29-2002, 08:13 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 25' Outlaw

Do you ever notice people talking about boats in this size range,they always compare things to the 25' Outlaw,but when it comes down to opinions on buying a boat they always say they would stay away from the Outlaw the quality isn't there,or it's not fast or this or that.If the boat is such a piece of **** why does everyone use it as a benchmark! Just venting a little .02
Old 10-29-2002, 08:31 AM
zokman

Totally agree, I don't know why the negative feedback. I love my 25 outlaw. No complaints other than the cockpit is a little tight, but I knew that going into it. I wish Baja would have a 28' single engine offering. I think they're missing a key market.

Old 10-29-2002, 08:41 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Envy?...Regret?...Cold Feet?

A benchmark it is!

It's the heaviest boat in it's class and size range, coupled with a straight 24* bottom. Tough to beat for sure!

People might say "And they just can't keep up in the rough stuff..." It may be so, but I'll tell you what, the ride is probably a lot more pleasant than theirs.

The 25 Outlaw outweighs most manufacturer's 28-29' boats.
Old 10-29-2002, 08:45 AM
Registered

I haven't had any problems with mine,got around 300hrs. on it,and have not been real easy on it,don't get me wrong I take damn good care of it but it's four years old and looks brand new that has to say Baja builds a good product.
Old 10-29-2002, 08:57 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Likewise!
I'm on my second Baja and I have absolutely nothing but good things to say!
Old 10-29-2002, 10:06 AM
Registered

Smile

This is my third Baja,and I hope to buy a 33' Outlaw one of these days.The quality gets better year after year.As far as the 25' goes I don"t see how a boat in that size range could handle rough water any better,there comes a time where it's still a 25' boat and you can't ask a hell of a lot more out of it.I also think people have differing opinions on how to gauge what a 2' chop is and a 4'chop.There now I'll step down off my soapbox.
Old 10-29-2002, 10:21 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Most people that bash, have never ridden in a newer baja. It is cool to some people to jump on the bandwagon of the high doller boat club. That's fine, those of us who know laugh at the ignorance. My 232, 25 OL, and 29 OL, have all been rock solid.
1998 232 Islander 7.4 (got the 25 OL)
Tow Rig
04 Excursion EB PSD 4x4 6" lift 35's
MY PICS: http://community.webshots.com/user/skygod73
Old 10-30-2002, 08:48 AM
srpbaer

Daze land the reest of the guys....I could not agree more. I have had two Baja's
and would buy another in a heartbeat...I currently own a 02 H2X and love it as much as my new wife (hope she does't read this!!!)..anyway weather it is a h2x outlaw, or a 275, I personally don't know a Baja owner that isn't totally happy...I know there are some but I am yet to meet them....Considering all aspects of the boat such as cost, features etc...they just can't be beat in value. Just me .02 worth

Old 10-30-2002, 12:38 PM
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: 25' Outlaw

Originally posted by BURNSMAZZ
Do you ever notice people talking about boats in this size range,they always compare things to the 25' Outlaw,but when it comes down to opinions on buying a boat they always say they would stay away from the Outlaw the quality isn't there,or it's not fast or this or that.If the boat is such a piece of **** why does everyone use it as a benchmark! Just venting a little .02
I'm on my third Baja, and frankly I don't give a **** what anyone thinks about them. They are not perfect, but they are a lot better than most give them credit.

If Larry Smith had not gone bankrupt I think Baja would have a better name in the industry. The lean years and the change over of ownership hurt the company. There were some problems and these thing are not easily over come.

Fountain is a great boat, but they are catching hell over the length? What ever boat you own is the best boat in the world, right?

Baja is at a point now where it can change they way it is perceived. However, I am not sure they want to. They do not seem interested in building a stepped hull boat, which means they will remain slower than many builders. The recent changes to the 272, 242 and the dropping of the Hammer for the 20 Outlaw do not impress me much. I think they are geared mored for the bottom line of the company than the performance boat fan like ourselves.

The 30 Outlaw to me will be a turning point for the company if they do it well. I sure hope they do. It needs to come out built well, looking good and much faster than the current 29. I hope they step up to the plate with something that will get the attention of the non-Baja owners.

Just the opinion of a Baja fan. Go ahead and vent anytime you feel like it.

Mark
Old 10-30-2002, 01:27 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've had my '98 for two seasons now. I think it is the best single engine "sport boat" available. After all, I think that people in this class dream of blazing in a offshore 36+ footer someday, and the 25 is actually designed after a larger offshore cig style boat. (36 Outlaw to be exact) Win, Win if you ask me.
Plus, Outlaws look so fu@#in cool.

Quick Reply: 25' Outlaw

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.