Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Baja
2002 25 Outlaw >

2002 25 Outlaw

Notices

2002 25 Outlaw

Old 03-10-2020, 11:41 AM
Registered

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

Went and looked at this one last Friday, made an offer yesterday that was accepted for $22k pending a sea trial next week. Much better shape than the last one w/ 296 scanned hours.
The bad:
- needs GPS antenna for spedometer
- does not come w/ cover (part of deal) didn't fit for travel it was for a 26' and I will need a cover for travel. XT Innovation quoted me $925 for snap in cockpit cover... is this accurate?
- sun pad seams coming undone and some small rips in rear bench.
- cuddy hatch arm gone (anyone know where I can find a replacement?)
- needs new rocker switches mostly to for labeling.

Old 03-10-2020, 12:57 PM
Registered

Received 833 Likes on 353 Posts

Congrats. Nothing wrong with something that needs “some” tlc. That last one just looked too rough to me. Not sure on where to find parts. Hopefully someone will chime in on that. Maybe greatlakesskipper.com
Old 03-10-2020, 03:32 PM
Registered

Received 124 Likes on 45 Posts

This is what I put in mine. Way better than carpet. Its plastic so doesn't hold water so it won't start to stink after awhile and its easy to wash out. I think he still has 1 left that he would sell you for less than what XT wants for carpet. He used my boat as a template.
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater
Old 03-10-2020, 04:36 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by iaoutlaw
This is what I put in mine. Way better than carpet. Its plastic so doesn't hold water so it won't start to stink after awhile and its easy to wash out. I think he still has 1 left that he would sell you for less than what XT wants for carpet. He used my boat as a template.
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater
That is nice, but it comes with snap in carpet,. I need snap in cock pit cover first.
Old 03-10-2020, 04:38 PM
Registered

Received 124 Likes on 45 Posts

Sorry mis-read your post. If you want to change out your carpet at some point now you know lol.
Old 03-16-2020, 11:21 AM
Registered

Can't seem to catch a break with searching for a boat... Took the 2nd boat out for a water test, about 30 minutes of cruising everything worked perfect, except for a noticeable noise coming from engine only in gear. We take the boat out of water, but still on boat ramp (good angle to drain) pull drain plug and about 2 gallons of water came out. I re-launch it to see if I can notice any leaks in the bilge, cruise around and have engine hatch part open and look everywhere with no signs of any leaks, especially w/ how much water came out I should be able to see/hear if its a hose or something. Maybe the bellows?
Also, a separate issue (I believe they are not connected) but there seem to be a leak in the cuddy. It started near the front, then once launched and start moving it spread to where the picture shows. I was told it could possibly be the speedometer tube is loose and leaking. which the speedometer does not work, so maybe that is it. I have not put any money down, or nothing this was just the last test before purchase. Any thoughts? Gonna get back w/ the guy and have him figure out the issue get it fixed and see what happens.

Old 03-16-2020, 01:25 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by bdavidt
Can't seem to catch a break with searching for a boat... Took the 2nd boat out for a water test, about 30 minutes of cruising everything worked perfect, except for a noticeable noise coming from engine only in gear. We take the boat out of water, but still on boat ramp (good angle to drain) pull drain plug and about 2 gallons of water came out. I re-launch it to see if I can notice any leaks in the bilge, cruise around and have engine hatch part open and look everywhere with no signs of any leaks, especially w/ how much water came out I should be able to see/hear if its a hose or something. Maybe the bellows?
Also, a separate issue (I believe they are not connected) but there seem to be a leak in the cuddy. It started near the front, then once launched and start moving it spread to where the picture shows. I was told it could possibly be the speedometer tube is loose and leaking. which the speedometer does not work, so maybe that is it. I have not put any money down, or nothing this was just the last test before purchase. Any thoughts? Gonna get back w/ the guy and have him figure out the issue get it fixed and see what happens.
Looks to me it was full of water up there while being stored underneath that floor and as you drove it forced it into engine compartment.
Old 03-18-2020, 08:04 AM
Registered

Received 833 Likes on 353 Posts

That water could very well be coming from the pitot speedometer! It’s going to go there first then make its way to the bilge.
Old 04-03-2020, 08:53 AM
Registered

Couldn't find the leak in the 2001 OL, so I told the guy if he got it fixed I'll purchase for asking price... Went and looked at a 1998 25 OL yesterday w/ a 454 Mag Mpi in it. Couple small things I noticed...
- Seems to give when stepping on center cockpit panel by rear bench. Said he had to pull gas tank... will be getting more information on this.
- He reupholstered the sunpad and rear bench. Rear bench seat is unsnapped not sure if broken.
- Rear bench seat hinge brackets undone.
- Spider cracking (picture)

Some other notes: he is currently servicing and painting the out drive, installing stereo, and fixing rear bench seat. Furthermore, he is the owner of a marina and boat service center. Comes w/ year outdrive warranty, boat slip w/ lift. Pretty enticing deal. Have yet to take it out on water... I'm waiting for him to finish fixing all the issues mentioned above then go for a water trial.

Old 04-07-2020, 07:00 AM
Registered

Received 59 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by Head Rusch 2
Looks to me it was full of water up there while being stored underneath that floor and as you drove it forced it into engine compartment.
somewhat common is that the bilge pump under the step fails and it holds water in a “holding bowl” under the step. When you drive the boat the water will slosh around and make the carpet in the Cuddy wet. Took us awhile to figure this out with our outlaw.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.