2005 baja outlaw 33 >

2005 baja outlaw 33

Notices

2005 baja outlaw 33

Old 09-27-2020, 07:05 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2005 baja outlaw 33

Hi , I知 looking at buying a 2005 outlaw 33 . Was just wondering if there was any known issues with this year ? Also I知 assuming with this size of boat it is probably left in the water quiet a bit . Are the transoms known to go rotten ? Anything else to look for ?
Old 10-06-2020, 08:48 PM
Registered

Received 32 Likes on 16 Posts

Lots of problems!
Holds too many people, they can just walk around the cockpit! Burns too much fuel, etc! LOL

Get a survey! Hours on motor? Survey will tell you most of what you want, if hours are high, you may want to make sure they do a compression test as well.
Oh, and no, do not keep in water! With any boat, sitting in water is NOT good. Put in lift!

Other than that, its a great boat!
Old 10-07-2020, 05:25 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 628 Likes on 289 Posts

lol, nailit...

O.P.,
I've never heard of any "known problems"; like ANY boat any particular one, depending on care and use, can be good or bad. Baja boats in general are VERY well built and designed to last a long time. I've got one that is 28 years old and another that is 20 years old and they are literally 'like new' in most respects, super solid. Baja transoms are particularly strong, made of three layers of 3/4" seven-ply marine grade plywood (for a total of 2.25") that is fully encapsulated. Providing that there isn't any damage around the gimbal housing or other areas that would allow water intrusion, that would be one area that I'd not worry about. Like nailit says, a Survey will help set your mind at ease.