Looking for Baja 272 Windshield >

Looking for Baja 272 Windshield

Notices

Looking for Baja 272 Windshield

Old 06-15-2021, 12:36 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for Baja 272 Windshield

Hi all, yesterday i slipped on deck of my Baja 272 and shattered my windscreen. What a mess. Now i am desperately searching for a windscreen to replace the broken one.
Boat is a 93 model with the flat surfaced curved glass made by Aldon. The later version of 96 to 2000 which has a „bulbed“ look fits as well.
Any help of where to find one is greatly appreciated.
Thanks!
Old 06-15-2021, 11:07 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Preuni View Post
Hi all, yesterday i slipped on deck of my Baja 272 and shattered my windscreen. What a mess. Now i am desperately searching for a windscreen to replace the broken one.
Boat is a 93 model with the flat surfaced curved glass made by Aldon. The later version of 96 to 2000 which has a „bulbed“ look fits as well.
Any help of where to find one is greatly appreciated.
Thanks!
I have a buddy with a full 93 windshield that is missing one of the curved pieces which I cannot remember which side it is.
Old 06-15-2021, 04:45 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 113 Likes on 65 Posts

This is always one of THE most difficult parts to source...and when you find one, you'll have to take a second mortgage out to purchase it. There are a couple of places that make very nice Plexiglass or LEXAN replacement panels but yeah...trying to find a glass one, tough. I believe the curved ones you refer to were made by TAYLORMADE, but you can't get one from them, either...not stocked nor sold. Only way I've ever seen is to miraculously find a 'salvage' boat being parted out.
Good luck, that sucks...
Old 06-16-2021, 12:55 AM
Registered

I could bet the one missing curved section in your friends screen is the one i need ;-).. I need the drivers side, if you could ask him or give me his email adress it would nevertheless be worth a try.
I contacted Taylormade, which bought Aldon in 98 but they couldnt help. Had my friend from Cigarette using all his contacts in the industry, to no avail.
That indeed might be the hardest to find part on the whole boat. Breaking that screen was one of my worst fears since I have the boat, which is almost two decades now.
Its an old thing but i love it. It looks like new and runs perfectly with his 525 and just got its third set of new custom upholstery.
Will go the Lexsn route now, had a look at some samples and you cant see a difference. And its way lighter.
Thanks for your replies!
Old 06-16-2021, 11:19 AM
Registered

I could bet the one missing curved section in your friends screen is the one i need ;-).. I need the drivers side, if you could ask him or give me his email adress it would nevertheless be worth a try.
I contacted Taylormade, which bought Aldon in 98 but they couldnt help. Had my friend from Cigarette using all his contacts in the industry, to no avail.
That indeed might be the hardest to find part on the whole boat. Breaking that screen was one of my worst fears since I have the boat, which is almost two decades now.
Its an old thing but i love it. It looks like new and runs perfectly with his 525 and just got its third set of new custom upholstery.
Will go the Lexsn route now, had a look at some samples and you cant see a difference. And its way lighter.
Thanks for your replies!
Well lucky you his is missing the passenger side curve. He had some shop in Nashville, Tennessee build him a complete new windshield when it happened to him. Clear out your Private Messages and shoot me a message with a way to contact you.
Old 06-17-2021, 05:00 AM
Registered

Bigslow, sorry my inbox is not working, i contacted the admin. Cleared all mails but no new mails get in.
Plse contact me at [email protected]
Thank you and sorry for this
Andy
Old 06-17-2021, 11:13 AM
Registered

Bigslow, sorry my inbox is not working, i contacted the admin. Cleared all mails but no new mails get in.
Plse contact me at [email protected]
Thank you and sorry for this
Andy
No problem. I passed your information along to him. I will see what he says.
Old 06-18-2021, 06:35 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What would be a fair price for a complete 94 winshield ?

I'm sadly considering parting one out
Old 06-18-2021, 04:31 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 113 Likes on 65 Posts

When they are available, I've seen the price be in the $3K - $4K range...
midwest272 (06-18-2021)