Tach/Hour Meter for a 2002 Baja 275 BOSS >

Tach/Hour Meter for a 2002 Baja 275 BOSS

Notices

Tach/Hour Meter for a 2002 Baja 275 BOSS

Old 07-12-2022, 01:15 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tach/Hour Meter for a 2002 Baja 275 BOSS

I purchased a 2002 Baja 275 BOSS three (3) weeks ago, and the Gaffrig tach/hour meter needs replaced.

The gauge has the platinum face with a blue rim step bezel with an O.D. around 4" and reads from 0 to 8,000 RPM. I am currently looking at ordering a replacement Gaffrig tachometer from their website, but I am unsure which tachometer to order. Gaffrig doesn't publish detailed spec's in their catalog. If I was to guess what I need to order, it would be 4755 3-3/8" ELECTRIC TACHOMETER 0-8000 RPM. The next size up is a 4-5/8" tachometer, and I think that may be too big. I am assuming the current rim step bezel reduces in O.D somewhere around 4" to 3-3/8". Any advice or technical guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Old 07-12-2022, 02:20 PM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,821 Likes on 907 Posts

If the tach is labeled as Gaffrig Precision Instruments, then that is actually a Livorsi tach. Gaffrig Performance labeled and it’s the current Gaffrig. There was a lawsuit many years ago over who had rights to the name. Livorsi aka Gaffrig Precison Instruments was the better product but lost the name
The following users liked this post:
OSUcowboy2685 (07-12-2022)
Old 07-13-2022, 10:29 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

UPDATE: Ended up purchasing a GAFFRIG PERFORMACE 4755 3-3/8 ELECTRIC TACHOMETER 0-8000 RPM PLATINUM with the 8-GAUGE STEP RIM in BLUE from Monster Marine. Their sales rep was helpful in confirming if the purchased tachometer would be the correct size or not. I never found the actual dimensions of the gauge published anywhere, but I found dimensions of a similar Livorsi gauge published on their website. Basically the gauge cutout diameter should measure 3-3/8" while the outside diameter of the 8-gauge step rim should measure 3-7/8". All that aside, I'll try to post before and after photos following delivery and completion of the install.