Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Baja
33 ol engine/drive/gauges, throttles etc part out!! >

33 ol engine/drive/gauges, throttles etc part out!!

Notices

33 ol engine/drive/gauges, throttles etc part out!!

Old 03-18-2024, 06:04 PM
Registered

Received 32 Likes on 16 Posts
Default 33 ol engine/drive/gauges, throttles etc part out!!

Hey guys.

Im about to part out all my engine/drives and everything related. About to do an O/B conversion!!
Everything is still in boat at shop, but about to start pulling it all out!

Make fair offer on parts and we will see. As I start pulling out of boat, I will add price. just looking to cut my losses but not going to give it away, but I will bargain.

1998 454 mag mpi. Were new long blocks in 2011. 750hrs on computer ish. I will have to scan to see, but new long swapped at 520 hours
BUT, then rebuilt.

Both blocks are NEW in 2011.
S Engine: New rebuild in 2021 with about 50 hours.. Runs great!!!
new fuel pump, flowed injectors, 1 new head, new manifolds/Risers, new coupler, injectors cleaned flowed and new circulation pump. Had to replace 1 piston and crank cleaned up.
This engine runs great!

P. Engine. Problem child!
Just rebuilt but still getting water in oil. Suspected crack in cylinder 4, about to pull and pressure test.
2 new heads, newer intake in great shape, new coupler, injectors flowed, new fuel pump, new circulation pump, new manifolds/risers and crank just RE ground with about 1 hour run time till water came back and shut down.
>> oil cooler pressure tested and about to pull to pressure test block. its the last damn thing to check, but cutting my losses!!

Both Drives work great with trimp pumps and never had any issue with them. Not sure of any previous work, but no shavings in oil. Have drive showers.
I change oil every 50 hours or less or every other year as I usually dont put many hours during divorce then had motor issues the last 3 years.

Gimbles have new pins from JR marine and fixed through outer side. No slack.

All gauges will go as I will have Vessel view with outboards.
Brand new GPS speedo with lil square antennae
Also have Lowrance GPS.
I could sell the whole dash panel as I have to replace anyway.

Exhaust quick and quiet with solenoids. On both along with Y pipes on both.

Pips are short stock chrome 2” or so with rubber flappers outside and internal flappers.

Graffig throttles.

Wire harness can go too!!

Im sure im forgetting something, but thats probably most of it!

Located in Slidell, La, but work in New Orleans and frequent trips to North Louisiana, Birmingham, North Ms. And Rome, Ga., but can also ship.

Last edited by nailit; 03-18-2024 at 06:11 PM.
Old 03-18-2024, 06:07 PM
Registered

Old 03-18-2024, 06:09 PM
Registered

If interested, you can text me and we can call if works out. Five 0 4- 55 four- 1182 Richie

also, just changed trim gauge glasses and put polished bezels.

steering wheel set up, with cables.

Gear lever and throttle cables also.

Tie bar as well. And and the swim platfrom… but it could use some work as it was original cracked from freezing before I got it up north. Was about to remove bars and plate it. Cheap!
Old 03-18-2024, 09:00 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 224 Likes on 129 Posts

Not trying to derail the thread, what are you going to reposed with ?

This could be a thread on it’s own
Old 03-19-2024, 04:39 AM
Registered

Hey Jaytee!!

Yes, you’re right. It’s going to be another thread and I will need your help!

I actually already reached out to Kevin for input as I enter this repower! But he had boxes with i/0 as most and no one really had this much setback.
Ive been reading up on setback and prop height, but no one has really gone back that far on our hulls. So… any input would be appreciated.

I probably going with a 30” bracket (havent built/sourced yet), probably manual 4” or so Jack plates or whatever is the smallest I can get as going 30” back is already probably far enough.
From what ive read, 1” for every 12” and even more with sportmasters.

SOOOO…. Im headed next week to pickup some 21’ 450r’s 30” shafts as our transoms are tall and I dont want the platform that low. I could run 68 with my 454 mag mpi with the pre 02’ x dimension, so Im thinking mid to upper 70s is where I will land.
I dont run WOT very often, so 99 % of my boating is cruise, so that would my goal. I debated the 350/400s, but really they have similar cruise speeds and probably less on the 400s as they have to get that above 6400 Rpms.. so from what I have read, they depitch, so faster on top with cruise speed needing more rpms.

Ive reached out to the guy on FB who just put 400s on his 33 with 12” jack plates on the transom, but cant seem to make contact on FB or insta.
Old 03-19-2024, 05:58 AM
Registered

Received 365 Likes on 209 Posts

You gotta start a thread! I would love to see the start to finish. Been thinking about this myself, just not sure what boat I would choose yet…
Old 03-19-2024, 07:24 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by J-Bonz
You gotta start a thread! I would love to see the start to finish. Been thinking about this myself, just not sure what boat I would choose yet…
I plan on it, I just need to make a little bit of progress.I’ll probably start after I get the motors pulled so I can start the rigging and taking pictures
Old 03-24-2024, 05:22 PM
Registered

Drives are off! 1.5 geared bravo 1s.

Never been apart since I had them for last 11 years. Worked great, shift smooth in and out.

Located in Slidell

Old 03-25-2024, 04:38 PM
Registered

Well. He pulled the engines! Now I just have to pull it all out and sell it all!! Package Deal will be cheap! Steering setup, Whole dash panel w/Gauges, *gps” speedo was just put in., throttles, motors, drives, gimbles, trim pumps cables, etc.

Once I pull out, I willl post on swap shop, but hit me up if you want something.

Old 03-28-2024, 03:48 PM
Registered

The following users liked this post:
hogie roll (03-30-2024)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.