Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Baja
She's Wet.........finally!!!!!!!!! >

She's Wet.........finally!!!!!!!!!

Notices

She's Wet.........finally!!!!!!!!!

Old 04-16-2003, 02:56 PM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts

Congratulations! i remember my first time...............driving my own boat!!

best of luck,
chad
Old 04-16-2003, 05:02 PM
FWK

Congrats, Hope we can get together at LOTO. Good choice on instructors. Forrest

Old 04-16-2003, 06:47 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrats guys! Great pics
Old 04-16-2003, 09:25 PM
BankerRon

It was fun and it was very cold that evening. It was worth it, Gordo needed to see what he had to tweak!!HA

Old 04-16-2003, 09:27 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Will "she" be getting wet again this weekend?
Old 04-16-2003, 09:44 PM
Allan4

23p Rev4 is what I am running. Nice 24......nice to increase the fleet around here.

Have fun, be safe....you have to drive them a bit when you get into the 70's.

Old 04-16-2003, 11:31 PM
Charter Member #94
Charter Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Very impressive test ride

Especially considering a fairly brisk 25-30+mph winds across the lake, (not that uncommon for Perry). The look on Carries' face when she first came up on plane was priceless. Ron was just as anxious to get behind the wheel, and was ready to see what she could do. I admit, I was getting pretty excited myself when they finally asked me if I wanted to drive. The boat felt really solid with nothing sounding loose, no rattles, and no squeaks, so I just had to open her up for a bit. A nice solid ride in a good 12"-14" chop.
Ron & Carrie both did a great job of driving. They both, (ok, all three of us) tried to move the tabs the exact opposite of how they are currently set up, so I'm thinking that will get changed before the next time out to better fit how both Ron and Carrie naturally use them.
As for docking, Carrie had her hands full with a fairly strong breeze, even in the ramp area. She overcame some nerves on the first aproach and came to the dock in good shape on the second try. After that, we circled around and repeated it a number of times so she could practice, each one getting better and better. Kinda like "touch & go" landings. She did a great job, especially considering the tough conditions. Ron already had experience pulling a small camper and got a quick feel for the boat trailer. The extra length kinda threw him off at first, (almost double the camper) but he quickly overcame the differences and handled backing down the ramp and backing into the storage with ease.
Griff,
You and I had discussed the prop before, and after feeling how it performed, and seeing 5600rpm's last night, I agree more than ever about a 24p 4-blade, maybe more. I have a couple of others I would like to try just to see what the boat likes. I'd like to see about 5k to 5100rpmmax. Anyone around here have a 24p Bravo-4, a 22-24p Hydromotive Q-IV &/or 25p Mirage+ we could borrow?
Wardy, I got called a "boat whore" more than once this last week. I guess there are worse things in life to be called...
BTW, THANKS for all the help last weekend!
Old 04-17-2003, 03:57 AM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,821 Likes on 907 Posts

5600 rpms!!!!! WOW, the most I had ever seen was just under 5500 at max speed. Trimming up more could give more rpms, but the speed didn't go up. Must have been some cool air and a perfect chop.
I remember when I got it the tabs switches were set up wrong. It was my first boat with them and I got used to it and just left them alone.
I tried a 23 REV 4 and really did not like the way the boat felt with it. Just couldn't get the bow to lift enough. I think a QIV would be about the same. The 24 Bravo was the best overall that I had I had tried.
Old 04-17-2003, 07:14 AM
Registered

Carrie & Ron,

You guys did a great job driving! That was a blast! I'm sure glad we didn't run out of gas! Ron would of gotten pretty cold swimming us back to the dock.
Old 04-17-2003, 08:24 AM
Transplanted to KS
Gold Member

Originally posted by TEAMBAJA
Will "she" be getting wet again this weekend?
She just might!

Quick Reply: She's Wet.........finally!!!!!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.