Motor plans....once more >

Motor plans....once more

Notices

Motor plans....once more

Old 05-23-2003, 07:57 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by Allan4
Ray, that is what a few hundred of us have been saying for the last 6 months.....HeHeHe...

Just teasing ya Hyper.....
I think I remember someone talking about putting a blower on their 24 Outlaw....Now who was it...
Old 05-23-2003, 08:02 AM
Registered

http://www.superchargersonline.com/p...=PD-K10526-201

How about this....
Old 05-23-2003, 10:16 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a set of exhaust off of a 350 that can be yours for the cost of the freight. I have a 305 in my garage that I took out of a buddys boat this fall. Over the winter I installed a 350 in his boat. I stole a few parts from the 305, but for very little it can be running again real easy. I bet my buddy will take $300 for the motor and it only has around 150 HRS. I also have a distributor and ignition module that I will sell for $75.00. If you look around you can find good 350 stuff everywhere and cheap. It may not be good for racing engines, but some good performance can be had and for cheap.
Old 05-24-2003, 08:09 AM
Registered

Wette Vette is offering a heck of a deal, and if your interest is getting inside of it, pull it down, port the heads, and buy a cam and you will still have less in it than hopping up the V6. Yes, it will use more gas, but not by much, and you can buy gas with the money you save. Best of all, thru hull exhausts on a V8 will sound way cooler than the V6 ever will.
Old 05-24-2003, 01:03 PM
Registered

Vette Vette, does it come with mounts, flywheel, exhaust, etc?

What all did you take from it?
Old 05-24-2003, 05:45 PM
Registered

I will throw in the exhaust manifolds. I took the windage tray and the extended main bolts, the oil pump pick up, the push rods and rockers, the timing cover, and robbed a couple of bolts here and there. I have a flywheel you can hava as well. You will need motor mounts and the rest of the accessories. Basically I had a nearly complete 350 Mag and I swapped motors for him taking some of the things I needed to get the job done. If you are serious post what you need on the board and I am sure members will be glad to sell you the parts cheap. You would be surprised how many motors and parts are sitting in garages collecting dust people would nearly give away.

Last edited by WETTE VETTE; 05-24-2003 at 05:50 PM.
Old 05-24-2003, 09:10 PM
Registered

Wette Vette I am interested, will he take 300? Can he hold it for a month till I get a license to pick it up? How far are you from columbus?
Old 05-25-2003, 07:54 AM
Registered

He will take $300. I will throw in the manifolds and flywheel, but need $75.00 for the distributor. LaPorte is about 4.5 hrs from Colombus. I am sure the motor will still be available in a month.
Later,
Craig
Old 05-25-2003, 05:41 PM
Registered

Craig, So If I throw on a new intake manifold, heads and cam (dad, those stock GM heads are more expensive than these race heads.... ) and a timing cover, mounts, it can be put in?

Tommy
Old 05-25-2003, 10:19 PM
Registered

The heads on the motor haven't been taken off and are fine just the way they are on the motor now. It has the stock intake as well, but it needs to be re-mounted. I was going to use it until I found the 305 intake is slightly different from a 350 intake. Basically all you need is the right oil pump pick-up, a windage tray and extended main cap bolts, push rods, rockers, intake gaskets, timing cover gasket, and some misc. bolts and the motor is ready.

Quick Reply: Motor plans....once more

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.