Notices

Trailer Suggestions Please

Old 09-24-2003, 10:09 AM
Charter Member #1171
Charter Member

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally posted by Allan4
Eagle makes good trailers.

MAKE SURE YOU GET METAL FENDERS. Mine are fiberglass and I blew a tire and it shreded the fender, but the worst part was that the fender dissolved and the tire beat the hell outta my boat. Yes, a metal fender would have been all bent to hell, but atleast the boat would not have been.

I am putting some alum star plate or something over the top of the fenders....I'm p retty peeved about teh whole thing. Easily fixable, but just never should have happened.

My .02
I'll bet they were Carliles to
Old 09-24-2003, 05:29 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question carlisles

Just curious as to why you mentioned carlisles?? I trailered to Milwaukee for the apba races in August and blew 3 carlisles and two more had huge bumps in the corner of the treads. The tire dealer told me they were carrying too much weight although the trailer is a triple axle and had less than a thousand miles on it and less than two years old!!!
Pissed in minnesota
Old 09-25-2003, 05:18 AM
Registered

Carlisle makes about 90% of the trailer tires,they go under a lot of different names.
Old 09-25-2003, 02:01 PM
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As Steelware said I run a Myco. But for your needs that would be way overkill. The Myco for the 36 with nice 16 inch wheels, Goodyear tires, disc brakes, spare tire, etc was $9000.00.

I would go with a nice Alumium trailer like South Florida, Fast Load and Load Master.

If you were trailering a lot, there is nothing better than Myco. I have had Tennessee Trailers, Eagle, Fast Load and two Myco's.

I can tell you from experience that trailering with a Myco is a world of difference. It pulls like a dream, the boat is fully supported, loading and unloading of the 36 can be done by myself, it is very easy with two people. The boat is always on the trailer in the correct position with no extra effort.

Currently I have over 16,000 miles on mine and not one single problem. I plan to replace all the bearings & seals, brake pads and recarpet the bunks next month.

The highways are very rough and I don't think there is a better way to protect your investment than with a really good trailer.

Knock on wood, I have not even had the first leak in a tire. The Myco came stock with Goodyear's and still look like new.

Good luck
Old 09-25-2003, 02:07 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Doc---

How was your eagle. I have one and it works great under a 27' baja
Old 09-25-2003, 04:02 PM
Registered

i have a nextrail, out of ohio, on my 36 outlaw. nice aluminum trailer, needed to mess with the bunks a little when i first got it . not all custom like the eagles or myco's but dont think you need that. i trailer mine everywhere, sits right on the trailer every time. i needed one quick and they built it and delivered in a week. if you want number, let me know.

scott
Old 09-25-2003, 10:26 PM
Registered

Hey Scott, I spoke w/ a nextrail but they were out of Fla.? I was quoted $4500 and delivery in 2 weeks.
Dock, spoke w/ the guys at Myco and they also said that for my purpose, Myco is overkill.
Old 09-26-2003, 11:15 AM
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

Originally posted by BajaRunner
Doc---

How was your eagle. I have one and it works great under a 27' baja
Eagle makes a great trailer and I had no complaints at all. It was under a 35 foot Glastron open bow with a 455 Olds and Berkley Jet Pump. The boat was heavy and it was easy to load on the Eagle trailer.

I have just found that the Myco is MUCH heavier built when compared to Eagle.

With 12,000 pounds of boat and trailer at 70+ MPH on todays highways I want the best out there. We cover a lot of miles and the big 16 inch wheels and tires are a major plus also.

Nothing wrong with Eagle at all, a friend also has one under a 232 Baja and loves it. For my needs I feel Myco is better.
Old 09-26-2003, 12:24 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Doc--

got any good pics of the framework?
Old 09-29-2003, 02:49 PM
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

Frame
Attached Thumbnails Trailer Suggestions Please-picture-065.jpg  

Quick Reply: Trailer Suggestions Please

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.