Trailer Suggestions Please >

Trailer Suggestions Please

Notices

Trailer Suggestions Please

Old 10-07-2003, 12:56 PM
outlawntexas

Liquid,

That 29 was a good looking boat.

As for the Roadrunner trailer, I have a triple axle under my 342. I'm eating tires BAD. The driver side front and passenger rear last about 2 trips to Austin and the inside tread is GONE. I took it to a trailer repair shop here in Tyler and they didn't find anything specifically wrong with it. If I don't rotate the tires to the center position after every trip, I will burn through them in 1000 miles. It sucks!

I'll need to replace them all before next April's Baja run on Travis.

Bruce...

Old 10-07-2003, 01:01 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We'll have to plan it, where I don't forget, I have a one tract mind at the Poker Runs, I'm trying to pass as many as possible and that is a good boat to do it with, BTW good running shot I appreciate it. We should try to get them to charge more per hand and get a photo helicoptor, what do you think, there are always 80 to 100 Baja's at this run that should be plenty of air shot sales
Old 10-07-2003, 01:05 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ive called boatpix.com to come out, but they never will. They did come to one of the lake travis powerboat ass. runs, but lost my pic

When it gets closer to april, lets talk to them and get them to come. I would definately pay more to get a heli shot
Old 10-07-2003, 01:07 PM
Registered

bruce

that sucks.

Ive got an eagle, and it just started wearing on the tires, probably has 5,000 miles on the tires. And i think the only reason they are wearing is my bearings need to be repacked.
Old 10-07-2003, 01:07 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally posted by outlawntexas
Liquid,

That 29 was a good looking boat.

As for the Roadrunner trailer, I have a triple axle under my 342. I'm eating tires BAD. The driver side front and passenger rear last about 2 trips to Austin and the inside tread is GONE. I took it to a trailer repair shop here in Tyler and they didn't find anything specifically wrong with it. If I don't rotate the tires to the center position after every trip, I will burn through them in 1000 miles. It sucks!

I'll need to replace them all before next April's Baja run on Travis.

Bruce...
Bruce,
That may be worth the trip to the Roadrunner factory in Lewisville, they are on buss. 121just east of 35, I can get contact info if you need it, I know you were "roughing it" in that 342 with the gen and air, my buddies in the 33 thought you may have 500's they swore you were doing 70 I told them what you said your gps was and they could not beleive it, Thats one classy ride, one of my favorite models
Old 10-07-2003, 06:46 PM
Registered

Liquid,
I just gotta quit drinkin' for breakfast! It is a RoadRunner. Excuse the mistake.

I ran the boat yesterday for a few hours.
Beautiful day, I was the only boat on the lake except for two blowboats and a few fishing rigs along the banks.

the water was great-smoothest I've ever seen on this lake. the boat ran great.

I haven't had any problems at all with the pipes. In fact, most people tell me how great it sounds! Received a few dirty looks around the marinas, though.

I've already bought some goodies to dress it up this winter, like red anodized vents, handles, and cup holders. Would like to find some Baja carpet for the cockpit. I am changing some graphics around to jass it up a little, gonna powdercoat the swim platform in red, etc.

Going to winterize thursday nite, and that's it for this year.
Old 10-07-2003, 07:28 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Can't wait to see your winter project pics
Old 10-09-2003, 01:05 PM
outlawntexas

Liquid,

I've been to Roadrunner. I met the guy I was buying the boat from there, before we did the water test. I bought a spare tire/wheel and bearing buddy from them.

When I had the Outlaw, it was on an Eagle trailer. Never any issues in the 3 years I owned it. I am pretty anal though when it comes to the mechanicals. I changed all of the wheel cylinders the last year I owned it because they were leaking and I always had the bearings re-packed at the beginning of the season. Then I pump up the buddies before every trip.

My 342 has 502 mags and labbed props. We were running 66+ all day long on Travis. That's with 6 adults, 186 gal of fuel and a s#it load of beer, etc.

I was at the LTPBA poker run 2 years ago when BoatPix was there. I sent for the aerials of my boat, but ended up sending them all back because I didn't like any of them well enough to spend the $350 each.

Hope they show up next year though.

Bruce...

Old 10-09-2003, 01:08 PM
Registered

Bruce

I was in the same one. They lost my pics.
Old 10-10-2003, 12:54 AM
Registered

The guys at Nextrail are awesome. I ordered the trailer on Monday, 10/6, and rec'd a call this a.m. askling if it's OK to deliver on Tues. 10/14. Now that's what I call service. I'll post upon receipt.

Quick Reply: Trailer Suggestions Please

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.