Baja vs PQ

Notices

Baja vs PQ

Old 10-22-2003, 08:33 AM
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by Luv-N-It
Dock, LMAO! Keep it up and I'm going to buy you that purple 36' Outlaw carpet Greg has for sale in the classifieds.
I'll be looking for it. "THANKS"

We bought a new 2000 model 272 and REALLY enjoyed it. It is one of the best all around boats you can buy.

At the end of 2001 season it had almost 200 hours on it.

We paid $64,000 new with a Myco trailer and had added a few extra's like some stereo stuff and a VHF radio. The first guy that showed up to look at the boat wanted it but could not get financed. I was asking $62,500 and the second guy that showed up had $59,000 cash and he got a new boat. It was a very easy boat to sell. A good friend of mine just sold her 232 and it only took about a month.

In the area I am in Baja is much better known than PowerQuest. The very first PowerQuest I ever saw was at the Charlotte boat show a couple of years back now and I fell in love with it. Great graphics, nice styling, etc. It was a 340 with 496HO's. The problem was the price. The new to PowerQuest dealer wanted $189,000 for it!

I bought a NEW 36 Outlaw with 500 EFI's, many more options including A/C with a Myco trailer for less money. Had the dealer with the PowerQuest priced the boat right I would have bought it. But now I am much happier that things went like they did, I ended up with a lot more boat.

As for ride, the PowerQuest does ride nice. But anyone that says a Baja does not is badly mistaken. That has always been a strong point with Baja and a key reason they remain a true deep vee boat today.

The ride was so good on the 272 we had that another friend sold his 29 Fountain after his wife rode in our boat and complained about their Fountain.

As for not being able to get a live person on the phone at Baja, I have found that to be no problem at all. When our dealer lost the line, Baja was very easy to deal with direct and always stayed in touch with me by both phone and e-mail.

No complaints here. I am on my third Baja, I have currently six different friends with Baja's and one is in the process of selling his 25 Outlaw and buying a 33 Outlaw. This will also be his third.

Last edited by Dock Holiday; 10-22-2003 at 08:36 AM.
Old 10-22-2003, 10:20 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Outlaw hulls are the best ones they make for sure. Great ride in any conditions just slower than stepped with the same power because of the deep vee. Great boats though.
Old 10-22-2003, 06:34 PM
Registered

Hell just about everyone today builds a good boat, you can always get a bad one every once in a while, and true you get what you pay for, Baja is not the best but it is by far the worst, so it all goes to how much money you have to spend, what kind of dealer service will you get, and many other factors, dont buy a boat because someone says buy brand X, it is the best, its your money, go out there and compare what you like, you will be paying the note on it
Mark
Old 10-23-2003, 07:50 PM
dave502

1999 272 boss package
has everything 502mpi
nada said 54k
i have it for sale for 39k
it is in new condition no blemishes stored inside always

Old 10-23-2003, 08:32 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Dallas boats is a boat selling website, you should check it out, he sold my 25 not long ago, 4 the price whats there to lose, nada is not always acurate
Old 10-23-2003, 08:54 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

can you send me some pics of your 272?
[email protected]

Last edited by liquid asset; 10-25-2003 at 02:44 PM.
Old 11-24-2003, 06:47 PM
Lucky

(Post #36)

Hello Guys,

I wanted to take a minute to thank each and everyone who helped contribute their input in my quest to purchase a new boat. It was a very tough choice and everyone I dealt with was very professional and helpful.

This site gave me some great information as well as some things I had not even considered.

All I can say is that it is a Sunsational day today!

I decided to purchase the Sunsation 288.

One of the biggest factors was the length 28' 8" and the fact that I live about 30 minutes from the factory itself.

Thanks again to everyone!

Dave

Old 11-24-2003, 06:59 PM
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrats Dave!

Post some pictures when you can, and enjoy the boat!
Old 11-24-2003, 07:06 PM
Lucky

Originally posted by Dock Holiday
Congrats Dave!

Post some pictures when you can, and enjoy the boat!
Hey Dock,

I certainly will. I can't wait to get my first offshore boat.

The test drive that Dave took me for was very exciting.

This boat will at least for a short time have more than I need!

Dave

Old 11-24-2003, 07:09 PM
Registered

Don't be so sure of that...the 3'itis can come on at anytime and really overwhelm ya! Enjoy the boat!

Quick Reply: Baja vs PQ

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.