24 Outlaw Question >

24 Outlaw Question

Notices

24 Outlaw Question

Old 11-30-2003, 07:31 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey guys,

Sounds like the Outlaw will definantly ride better than the 24 and 260. I didn't think those boats rode bad so the wife should be really happy with this. The cuddy is a little small but it should be good enough to get our two kids out of the sun a while. The speeds you told me to expect should keep me happy for a while :>)

I hope to look at the boat again this week and will keep an eye out for all the things things you pointed out. I did check for play in the steering and is seemed to be ok. The only thing I would add to it is hydrolic assist. The guy also said it has the 1.36 gears. Would that change much performance wise over the 1.50? Right now it is running a 21 Mirage prop. Would it be worth it to change to a 1.50?

Allan4, we do most of our boating on the Ohio around Evansville, Indiana.
Old 11-30-2003, 08:46 PM
Allan4

I would not worry about the 1.36 gear. You can change props around and that will make up for the difference. I would ask the seller why he changed the gears though. Not something you see alot in a 24 Outlaw. In theory, it might help top end.

As for the steering, We are exclusive dealers for XS Performance Marine. They specialize in high end steering systems, both Full Hydro and Add-on Assist. I can beat the pants off other high end systems as far as price is concerned (WPM, IMCO, Latham, Marine Machine...etc). Very good stuff. I will be happy to help you with this decision, just let me know, I will help anyway I can.

Go to this link to learn more about the systems and see pics.

http://www.hilsingermotorsports.com/...hp?threadid=38

Thanks and good luck, bring that thing up to Cincy next season!!

Allan

Old 12-01-2003, 12:11 PM
Registered

SKOBOAT,

I have an 23' P Mirage Plus LABBED by Chad Hill Props. Also a pair of Rex Marine Exhaust Tips that would be a perfect fit for an 24' Outlaw. Both are in excellent condition and the exhaust tips are new in box. Anyone interested excepting offers.
Old 12-01-2003, 08:38 PM
Registered

Hey Rhickoff, What do you have to get for the tips? Do they have internal flappers? Do you know if they are a direct bolt up to the factory Corsa holes?
Old 12-02-2003, 11:16 AM
Registered

The Rex Marine Exhaust Tips have blowout proof stainless flappers. You will need to have the exhaust rubber tubing to go from the tips to your corsa exhaust. Cost new were $150.00
Old 12-03-2003, 08:27 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

skoboat, my 93 outlaw also has 1:36 gears. i dont know why but i am also running a 21 3 blade and the boat works the best with that prop. i bought a high dollar lab 23 and it made the boat slower at top end and a slug out of the hole. stay with the 21 you will get the best results.
Old 12-03-2003, 05:08 PM
Registered

Proman,

That's strange. I had two baja Outlaws both ran best with a 23" P prop. In fact a 23" P comes standard on the 24' Outlaw. Also I ran a 21" P with a 454 mag. it ran to high in rpm. When I switched to the labbed prop I had a gain of 2 mph. Which went from a top speed of 63 mph gps to 65 mph on gps. Anyway, if you buy my prop and don't see any positive results I'll take the prop back and give a full refund.
Old 12-04-2003, 06:38 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

RICKOFF, DID YOUR BOAT HAVE A 1:36 RATIO? IF IT DID THAN YOU GOT DIFFERENT RESULTS THAN ME, BUT IF YOU HAD THE 1:50 RATIO IT IS PROBABLY RIGHT ON THE MONEY WITH THE LABED 23. I AM JUST GUESSING, BUT YOU PROBABLY DID NOT HAVE A 1:36 RATIO.
Old 12-04-2003, 07:05 PM
Registered

Originally posted by RHICKOFF
Proman,

If you buy my prop and don't see any positive results I'll take the prop back and give a full refund.
He has nothing to lose. I'll even pay for the shipping.
Old 12-05-2003, 12:12 AM
Registered

Default Props

Try a Rev 4 prop, Allan 4 runs this prop as well. I tried everything out there & the Rev 4 lifts the boat up & out of the water. I had the best overall results with these props.
Happy Holidays

Quick Reply: 24 Outlaw Question

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.