Notices

2000!

Old 12-17-2003, 07:27 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Outlawcowgirl, Bonnie neglected to tell you that I have let her drive during a poker run and she did very well. the only problem was nobody was staying in the same line and they were cutting each other off and creating alot of boat wake for the boats behind them.

jb
Old 12-18-2003, 07:44 AM
Transplanted to KS
Gold Member

Well good for her!
And I hear you on the Poker Runs. It seems everyone just gets crazy. Been there done that.
The more she gets to drive that boat the better she will be.
Who knows mabe she will be running in a Shoot Out soon.
Old 12-18-2003, 08:51 AM
Registered

Well, I've come to decide that there is a HUGE difference between driving a boat, and driving a boat in a poker run. I think if people would stay in their "line" it would be much easier, but they don't - so you have to constantly be watching every boat, watching for a domino effect, but you can't move until you make sure whatever you do doesn't jeoppardize the person behind you or to your side. You have to be on top of EVERYTHING - ALL the time. Kinda tiring actually. But the wives were very proud of me. But, I think I'll leave the poker runs to him.
Old 12-18-2003, 12:15 PM
Transplanted to KS
Gold Member

You know the first time I drove the boat at LOTO I was so nervous. I was pulling into Shooters right after the Shoot Out was over. There were boats every where. Beside me, in front of me and behind me. I was very nervous and all we were doing was idle speed. Gordo told me that you worry about who is in front of you and beside of you. The person behind you has to watch where he is going so he does not run into you. I was so nervous that I had to have some one else take the wheel. I was not ready to be able to be in such a traffic jam of boats.
And the Poker Run, well I was just like you, I was afraid of all of the boats around me too. Gordo also helped me over come that too. The evening before he ran with me, right up next to me and then he would back off and then come back up real fast. Then pass me and then cut in front of me. I was nervous but I trust him. When we were back at the dock he said he hoped he was not making me mad or scared but he wanted to see what my reaction would be and how I handled a boat doing that. He thought I did well and I drove in the Poker Run the next day. I did not drive the whole Poker Run but I think I did at least half. I think I did a pretty good job.
When all of the big-bad boats took off at the beginning, We stayed behind and let the washing machine settle a little before we took off. It was neat to just see them all take off and hear them all too. This was not one of those Poker Runs that is all about time, I think we had till 5 to be back to check cards, so running WOT was not a must.
Have some one in another boat run with you and do like Gordo did with me. It helps a lot.