Paging Daze >

Paging Daze

Notices

Paging Daze

Old 12-16-2003, 08:57 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Paging Daze

Trying to pm you, but am having trouble. Wanted to tell you that we're happy Baja owners once again!
Old 12-17-2003, 04:32 AM
Registered

What about the rest of us? We want details!!!
Old 12-17-2003, 05:36 AM
Registered

Well, we're not supposed to talk about it. While the "gag order" isn't on me, I'm trying to respect their wishes.

I'll give a brief outline (without details) for those that may not remember. We were having problems with our 25' Baja and for a while it seemed like we were getting the run around. In the back of my head I tried to keep in mind that they were probably trying to weed out people that didn't really have a problem but just wanted something for nothing. Then came the letter and then I REALLY wondered and actually got mad. The letter contained the document with the privacy paragraph and specifically said we can't post to the net.

Well, about 2 months ago a man and wife came to get our boat...nicest people you ever want to meet. I actually hope I'm home when they bring it back so I can see them again and thank them personally.

It went back to the plant and it's all fixed now. It took them a few weeks of testing (from my point of view) which was reassuring because to me that meant they were being thorough.

They identified the problem, fixed it and it's coming back home.

At the end of the day, I must say, upon reflection, they did well. They are a business and sometimes I took it a little personally (the weeding out process) because that was my baby we were talking about. At one point, we weren't sure we'd ever own a Baja again because of this...but it's true - they take care of you.

Now, we haven't had it in the water...it's snowing here...and we won't be able to tell for sure until next summer, buy my faith has been restored and a heartfelt thank you is appropriate.

Hats off to them!
Old 12-17-2003, 07:01 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Hello Bonnie,
I'm so happy for you guys. I knew it would work out in the end. I have not received any of your PM's, e-mail me!. You still have my address right?

Kudos to Baja!
Old 12-17-2003, 07:54 AM
Transplanted to KS
Gold Member

Bonnie-
that is wonderful news! Sounds like it is a happy ending for you. I am so glad that you all were able to work it out. I love happy endings!!!! Baja proves to be a class act time and time again!
Old 12-17-2003, 09:13 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If I recall, you guys had the big crack up by the fairing.

I would love to know what was found and what was done to resolve that but I know I never will. It's a shame that manufacturing issues like that have to be kept so secret. Wouldn't it be better to just release the info in the form of a TSB or something so that others can be on the lookout for the same issue. It seem to me, being open about it would make better business sense.

It's not just Baja either. Those of us with earlier 496's know all about the water rail issues however, some guys aren't finding out about the issue until their boat begins to sink - even though Merc has known about the issue all along.
Old 12-17-2003, 09:31 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally posted by 29 OUTLAW
...some guys aren't finding out about the issue until their boat begins to sink...
Yep. Been there, done that...
Old 12-17-2003, 09:43 AM
Registered

I lost your e-mail addy...friggin computer inbox reached its limit and had to be purged.
Old 12-17-2003, 09:50 AM
Registered

Thanks guys (and really cool girl) for the support. It's nice to be a happy Baja owner again!
Old 12-17-2003, 10:12 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Last edited by CigDaze; 10-24-2007 at 10:21 AM. Reason: email removed.

Quick Reply: Paging Daze

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.