Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Baja
Baja Windscreen Material >

Baja Windscreen Material

Notices

Baja Windscreen Material

Old 05-01-2007, 11:01 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

It's a catch 22. Baja can't get them or won't and Spartech won't make them for the public because they don't want to piss Baja off.
Old 05-01-2007, 12:43 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yea I've got a couple people working on this, but I'm not sure if its going to happen or not. You'd think Spartech would've saved the molds just incase Baja might've needed one made, but what I've found with Baja is that once they quite making a boat 1 yr after they pretty much don't supply any parts for that boat. This industry needs to be like the auto industry where you can still get parts for at least 5yrs after the model is gone.
Old 05-09-2007, 01:27 PM
Registered

Still trying to get this done any help would be appreciated if someone has any info on it...
Old 05-09-2007, 03:31 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have dealt with spartech before for some cabin door supplies and they were nothing but helpful , just thought i would let you guys know material was for a 89 Baja.
Old 05-17-2007, 05:10 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Codered
I have dealt with spartech before for some cabin door supplies and they were nothing but helpful , just thought i would let you guys know material was for a 89 Baja.
Well I have found that the molds for the windscreen have been either overused,damaged or something on that lines and being Baja doesn't build the 302,272 or 252 anymore they decided not to redo the molds, but I would've figured they would've built something custom for me and they choose to not even talk to me regarding it.
Old 05-17-2007, 05:41 PM
Registered

Dave,

Flip the script on Baja little. Put a little pressure on.

Call them, and tell them that your 2003 302 was hit by another boat and the bow rammed it and completely shattered the windscreen, no repairs possible. Tell them you need to point the insurance company to a source for replacement. If they say not our problem, remind them that this is a 2003, and although they are not obligated to provide the windscreen, they ARE obligated to at least find a source available for replacement, as they took the profits when you bought the boat in the first place. And had you known, this is how the largest pboat manufacturer would treat replacement supplies on a 4 year old model, you would have given the business to someone else.

You know whe you buy china dish sets they guarantee replacement stock for 15 years, you are at year 4 with this boat

If you want me to call, let me know, and give me the #

P.S. Brian41 doesn't have one?

Chris
Old 05-18-2007, 08:02 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by chrisf
Dave,

Flip the script on Baja little. Put a little pressure on.

Call them, and tell them that your 2003 302 was hit by another boat and the bow rammed it and completely shattered the windscreen, no repairs possible. Tell them you need to point the insurance company to a source for replacement. If they say not our problem, remind them that this is a 2003, and although they are not obligated to provide the windscreen, they ARE obligated to at least find a source available for replacement, as they took the profits when you bought the boat in the first place. And had you known, this is how the largest pboat manufacturer would treat replacement supplies on a 4 year old model, you would have given the business to someone else.

You know whe you buy china dish sets they guarantee replacement stock for 15 years, you are at year 4 with this boat

If you want me to call, let me know, and give me the #

P.S. Brian41 doesn't have one?

Chris
Chris Brian41 doesn't have one I've already checked with him and Baja informed me the molds have been damaged. They said they're obligation for replacement parts ended after 1 yr after manufacture of the boat. Obviously boat manufacturers aren't held under the strictness of replacement parts like auto manufacturers are.
Old 05-25-2007, 08:19 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by irishtornado
Yea I've got a couple people working on this, but I'm not sure if its going to happen or not. You'd think Spartech would've saved the molds just incase Baja might've needed one made, but what I've found with Baja is that once they quite making a boat 1 yr after they pretty much don't supply any parts for that boat. This industry needs to be like the auto industry where you can still get parts for at least 5yrs after the model is gone.
Dave, I'm surprised you haven't try'd looking in a boat boneyard for a used one.
Have you tried that?
I think your boat would look sharpe with the windscreen.
Old 05-26-2007, 05:01 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by mroutlaw_
Dave, I'm surprised you haven't try'd looking in a boat boneyard for a used one.
Have you tried that?
I think your boat would look sharpe with the windscreen.
Don't know of any boat boneyards that have new enough Baja's or any at all. IMO Baja should step up to the plate on this, but its a model they don't sell anymore so they could care less and Spartech is so big they want nothing to do with the little guy.
Old 05-26-2007, 11:05 PM
Registered

I know your boat would look sharp with a windscreen. They look good on the 38 Special.
Sorry, I know this doesn't help. If I hear of anyplace that makes stuff like that I call ya.

Quick Reply: Baja Windscreen Material

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.