Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Baja
25 Ol & 275(2) Owners >

25 Ol & 275(2) Owners

Notices

25 Ol & 275(2) Owners

Old 02-23-2004, 05:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 25 Ol & 275(2) Owners

I am sure that many of you have read the recent poll of the 25 vs 275 that I posted lasted week. For those of you that did not see it, I am new to the board and approaching the purchase of a new Baja.

I am torn between two boats. The 25outlaw and the 275 performance series. I am a father of two little girls and I know that they will be with me on a 50/50 basis.

If you dont mind, could you post you experiences, opinions, and regrets. All suggestions, opinions, and comments are more than welcome.

P.S. the boat will be used for pleasure riding, tie-ups, Poker runs, and occational runs out to Ship Island, Horn Island and Destin. Who knows maybe others places also, but limited on to the 25 or 275 due to financial situations.

Thank you very much and I look forward to getting to know you on and off the board. Thanks again.
Old 02-23-2004, 06:08 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I owned a 97 272 w/ 502 mag. Great boat, large cockpit ran 64. Chine walked at top speed. I now own a 2001 25 Outlaw, 496HO. Slighly smaller cockpit, larger cuddy, faster. 67-68 GPS. Now 75 with Procharger. Much better in the rough and no chinewalk at any speed. Feels like a more solid boat. Probably because it is newer. Unless you boat in the ocean, I think it would all come down to what looks better to you. The Outlaw will run more stable at higher speeds if you plan on adding bigger power. They are both about the same size. 272 with molded swim platform, Outlaw does not measure the platform. Test drive both of them and you will know which one to pick.
Old 02-23-2004, 06:22 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

No offence to anyone with a 275, but I think the outlaw is a way better boat by my prefrence and resale
Old 02-23-2004, 09:07 PM

I would probably be so eager in selecting one, I probably wouldnt notice the difference in a 8 cyliner or a 4 banger.lol
Old 02-24-2004, 04:41 AM
Registered

I have a 25' Outlaw.It has been a great boat,very good in rough water,pretty fast,nice cabin,it's just the wife and I on it.I think if I had some kids and was going to overnight more often I might go with the 275 one benefit is the windshield,I don't know how old your kids are but sometimes it would be nice to have some canvas to put up at night or even on a hot sunny day,and it seems to me the cockpit might be a little bigger in the 275.
Old 02-24-2004, 08:29 AM
Registered

I just struggled through the same dilemma and ended up choosing the 25 Outlaw. Most of our boating is cruising or just hanging out. If the family spent more time skiing or wakeboarding I think the 275 would be a better choice because of the large swim step and the slightly larger cockpit. It's good to have such "tough" choices to have to make
Old 02-24-2004, 08:47 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Go with the Outlaw.
Old 02-24-2004, 08:57 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Unless you have a serious preference towards the styling of one or the other, go with the Outlaw.
Old 02-24-2004, 09:39 AM
Registered

Let me say this...all comments should be taken into consideration. However, I do have two kids. Boy who is five and a girl 13 this year. We have had our 272 and luv it. I have had this boat for three years now and our family still luvs it. We have the windshiled on ours and it adds to a level of safety comfort w/the kids. Especially my son, it slows him down when going to the bow of the boat. The molded swim platform is nice in my opinion because its easier for the kids to get in and out of the water. Our 272 functions beyond typical 272's or 275 because we have a frig and hot plate that is very funtional for us to use. At times I really have the 4'itis but overall, I have a boat that really meets our needs and then some.

I feel the 275 is a great family boat. It's up to you, but with a family....hands down, I would go with the 275. You still get the performance and a good ride. However, I will admit the 25 Outlaw will give you better performance in ride, speed, and looks. It boils down to your personal preference, that's all. If I was single or just my wife, I'd go Outlaw all the way. With a family, well...you know my story now.

Just remember to get the best deal and don't be afraid to travel to save a few thousand too.New boat, get at least 30% off. If you can't get that much then get as much as possible with some freebies
Old 02-24-2004, 04:22 PM

So what kind of speed are you getting out of your 272??

Cant you order the 275 with a visor instead of a windshield?

Quick Reply: 25 Ol & 275(2) Owners

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.