Info on my 33 Outlaw

Notices

Info on my 33 Outlaw

Old 07-26-2004, 09:30 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Info on my 33 Outlaw

I purchased this 33 a couple of months ago. I am wondering if anyone has seen it before or may know any history on it. The boat came from Michigan and I purchased it from the second owner. It is an 01 with 496 HO's. I am also curious as to what props all the 33 owners are running. I currently have 28 Bravo ones turned down an inch in pitch and labbed by Throttle up. The boat runs good, but has a lot of slip and I am not overly impressed by the top speed of 69 GPS so far (full of fuel), but still think I should be able to do better.

Thanks for any info,
Bill
Attached Thumbnails Info on my 33 Outlaw-dsc00246sm.jpg  
Old 07-27-2004, 07:37 AM
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Info on my 33 Outlaw

I cannot help you on the history of your boat, but just wanted to say hello and tell you that it is a great looking boat!

Just ordered a new set of props from Julie at Throttle-Up yesterday and I am very impressed with her knowledge and the service.

I'm sure they will be able to help you get it dialed in. What RPM are you getting out of your engines now with those props?

This is a picture of what my labbed 26 did last Sunday at about 5000 RPM!
Attached Thumbnails Info on my 33 Outlaw-prop-blade-003.jpg   Info on my 33 Outlaw-prop-blade-005.jpg  
Old 07-27-2004, 09:21 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Wow, that's scary. From the looks of the prop it wasn't labbed by Throttle Up. I want to try non labbed 26's because it seems that I have a lot of slippage in the mid range. My rpm's are anywhere from 4600 to 5000 depending on trim which I can't do much of I would assume of because a high X dim. And as is typical, the speed falls off with too much trim which is the case to achieve 5000. I have talked to both Julie and Matt and they have talked me into the new Hydromotive P5-X, with the exception of the $.

By the way, you helped with suggestions on changing the cupholders in the triple bolster, thanks. I was able to take the seat apart as to not take a chance on any vinyl damage when opening up the holes to clear the handles. I will post pic's on taking the seat apart when I get a chance.
Old 07-27-2004, 07:01 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bill,

I'm running non labbed 26p Bravo's on my 03 33' Outlaw w/ 496HO's. I run just under 75MPH on GPS and spin 5000RPM's. I know a guy on another board that tried 28 Labbed Hydromotives 4 Blades and he had a hard time getting on plane. I think that either the 26p pitched up or the 28p pitched down to around a 27p labbed up nice is what I'd like to try.

Mike
Old 07-27-2004, 08:11 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Thanks Mike,

I am not sure if we have any hull differences, but you are getting exactly what I am after. I have called Baja and according to them we should have the same hulls, but who knows. My boat being an 01 with HO's was late in 01 and may be kind of a bastard. I do know I have the raised X dim, but not sure about the delta pad or if they ever added one. Mine seems more like a rounded bottom at the transom versus an actual pad like i had on my 25. I have a lot of respect from what I have heard of Throttle Up, but i am just not that happy with my props on this boat for the way I run it. Actually mid range is more important to me than top speed, and i think my props are made more for top speed. Not sure where you are located, but my props are exactly what you are wanting to try. Are you able to trim much with out blow out/slippage? By the way, are you spinning in or out?

Thanks again,
Bill
Old 07-27-2004, 11:38 PM
Registered

Bill,

How do you raise the X Dim? I don't think they added the delta pad until 04. I am having a problem with my trim so I am only able to trim up to 6 on the indicators, but it runs sold. I'm not sure if I'm spinning in or out, whatever they do from the factory. If we could work out the details I'd love to try your props. You could see if you get the same results from mine as I'm currently getting. What props did you have before the 28's?

Mike
Old 07-28-2004, 08:43 AM
VIP Member

If your prop is slipping, then it needs more cup in the blades. It might not need any pitch change. What is your max RPM? I'm sure Throttleup will get it right for you. If they don't I know a guy who is in Wisconsin who can get it done for Ya.
Old 07-28-2004, 09:20 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Mike, You should have the same X dim as I do. Baja told me they changed it when they added the 496 generation motors. As for trimming, if I trim to 6 I will lose speed, but that will take me to 5000 RPM. Let me see what happens as far as my props are concerned. They may be for sale if I buy new 5 blades. You would be more than welcome to try them.

Bigwavz, I believe these props have plenty of cup, in fact they were sent back last winter to get more cup put in them hoping to get more bow lift. Maybe the cup is in the wrong spot as far as slippage is concerned. After talking to Throttle Up, they basically said that without going with 5 blades I would have to deal with the slip. Maybe I need driving lessons or something, but I would think these labbed props should result in better performance than Mike's stock props, but that is not the case. It is frustrating and I don't want to just start throwing money at it until I know the best direction to go and the price of the 5 blade props high.

Thanks for all of the input,
Bill
Old 07-28-2004, 12:03 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

At 5000 RPM my 32 with 28 bravos runs just about 78-80 trimmed correctly. Mine does not have the delta pad but should not make that huge of a difference. 69 at 5k is way too much slip...I'm not sure why they would raise the X-dim as this is a "heavy hull" with no vents etc.

Take your boat and put a level on the bottom. Also go back to turning the props out intead of in. My boat did not react well to turning in...too much transom lift.
Old 07-28-2004, 02:18 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Bajalion,
It is my understanding that raising the X on the 33's made a significant speed difference. According to Baja that is the way they are all made now. Also from what I have gathered most everyone is happy with the 33's performance. I am very happy with the boat, I just think I have a prop issue and I want to get others input especially other 33 owners, so I can relate it back to the prop people before I upfront the 2G's for new 5 blades.

Thanks

Quick Reply: Info on my 33 Outlaw

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.