speed out of a 25 outlaw

Notices

speed out of a 25 outlaw

Old 09-14-2004, 08:11 PM
FIERCE ALLEGIANCE
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: speed out of a 25 outlaw

I think you'd be real close. Darin is the man if you're labbing a Mirage Plus. He knows just what you need.

Are you in the market for a boat or do you have one? Steelware has the nices & cleanest 25 outlaw out there. Whippled. He's running mid 70's

http://server1.offshoreonly.com/geoc...php?a=2&b=2108

Originally Posted by yesrej
blue by you, do you think with a 496 ho and a labbed prop would hit 70. and how much was it to do the prop.
Old 09-14-2004, 08:35 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

i am thinking of buying a new 25. but ive never been too interested in baja but things have changed and i went and looked last weekend. the salesmen was talking it up so much that it started to bother me because the more he talked the more i knew he was full of sh!t. i know what i want in terms of speed. 70 to 75. is it just me or does the 25 ol look smaller then a 25. im just looking for somone to tell me that baja is the best thing they have ever owned and they ran fast. blue by you, if you could tell me anything i should know about the 25 ol please let me know.
Old 09-14-2004, 09:38 PM
FIERCE ALLEGIANCE
Platinum Member

Here's my 2 cents worth. THE QUESTION IS: Do you want a boat that introduces you into performance boating or just a cool family boat. The 25 OL is a performance boat. But just barely. The 25 OL is a true 25 hull. No molded swim platform that makes the deck longer so you're ride will be much nicer. But the OL is a performance boat. Is that what you want? You're not going to find a stock 25 that hits 70-75 without the Merc Racing products. Now you're going way up in price. You may want to take a look at STEELWARE's boat. He's a nut about polishing, waxing, tuning, maintaining, etc. Somebody is going to basically get a brand new boat with a Whipple. That's one 25 that will see 75MPH. I boat on a small lake and just bought a house on a much bigger on (SML in VA) while my 25 is great on the small lake, the 25 is small in the big water. I love my 25 which I bought used in VA. I'm glad I went this route and I love the 25. I'm just prepared now to go bigger.

Here's where I'm coming from... My first boat was a 212 Islander I bought it new in May 2002. I could have saved thousands finding a slightly used one. They guy who bought mine when I sold (November 2003) it bought it with 40 hours on it and perfect condition. He paid $10000 less than I did. My question is, why go new if you're not that much into it. I'd look to find a slightly used one and save the money.
Old 09-14-2004, 11:18 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

blue by you, i am very interested in performance boating. i live in ny and do my boating in the hudson river. i have (and selling) a 21 foot four winns liberator. i bought it to find out if this was what i wanted to do. this was 2 years ago and now i want to get in to it. all i see ( in performance boats) are big, fast boats. i want something to stay with them. the only reason i am looking at new is i work for brunswick. brunswick now owns baja so i can work some magic. this is the only reason i thought about buying a new baja. like i said, i went to a dealer last weekend and i got on a 30 ol. bad move because i loved it and cant pay for it. so i asked about the 25. i liked it but not sure. listen the big thing is i am 23 and dont have much money to buy a boat. my range for another boat was and still is very low. i like to use the boat all day every weekend. if i get i good deal with working through my job i would buy the baja but i want to know as much as i can about it.i am very greatful for the info that you have given me about the 25ol. i just want to know that if i was to buy one, is it a good move? is baja a good boat?what should i expect out of it? you have answered most of my questions which i thank you. you have been a great help. i just wanted to you to know where i stand.
Old 09-15-2004, 06:07 AM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Get the 496 ho you should see 67-70, and when it comes time to sale it, you will bew able to get more for it.
Old 09-15-2004, 07:25 AM
FIERCE ALLEGIANCE
Platinum Member

To answer you question...YES! Baja is a good boat and is the perfect boat for what you're telling me. Affordable and performance based. With the 25 you only have to worry about fueling one motor which in the 29 or 30 you'll have twins. If you can work a great deal with Baja, go for it. New is great especially if you have an in, however I wouldn't stop looking used. The market has plenty for sale and depending on your budget you can really make a good deal. If your ever in the NC area, look me up. We'll go for a test fly!!
Old 09-15-2004, 10:50 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

quote from Yesrej "i hope to be buying a new boat for next season. its come down to 2 boats. checkmate 25 convincor or 25 baja outlaw. if you guys have any info on which would be a better boat or if you have an idea of anther boat please let me know. im looking at spending under 30. you have to remember im only 23 i dont have alot of money. oh yea if anyone knows someone who would be interested in a 1990 201 four winns liberator with a 350 let me know. thanks."

Yesrej,

I copied the above post of yours from a previous thread. Are you still planning to spend under 30,000?

Last edited by bajaneil; 09-15-2004 at 05:26 PM.
Old 09-15-2004, 03:29 PM
Registered

I just sold a 99 25 Outlaw with a 502. Mine ran 70 on speedo and 67.9 on GPS. That was with two people, full fuel, and a flat water day.
A friend of mine had a 27 foot Fountain, and my 25 was real close to the same size as his.
Great handling boat with a terrific ride. My buddy's Fountain couldn't stay with me in rougher water.
The qualities of the 25 Outlaw are the main reason that when I wanted to go bigger, I chose a 33 Outlaw. Also an outstanding boat.
Old 09-15-2004, 07:30 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

blue by you. thank you so much for your offer. if i am ever done your way i would love to go for a ride.bajaneil, i dont know how much i want to spend yet, i guess it depends on how long of a loan i can get. does anybody know what a 25 ol with a hp500 would run in price and speed. i mean new. thanks guys you are all i huge help.
Old 09-17-2004, 07:35 AM
Registered

Yesrej,
I have a 2002 25 Outlaw with the 496 HO. I had Houston prop lab the prop and got 68.2 GPS (speedo says about 70 to 71). If you do go that route I think you will be very happy.
You can also go with the supercharger option. I am suprised to hear that the whipple on that motor is only running 75. I ran with a guy at the lake cumberland poker run that had the same boat and motor as mine with a procharger on it and was running 82 on the GPS. I don't know how many pounds of boost he was running (they make 3.5 and 5 lb kits) I know just enough about both the whipple and procharger to be dangerous!!
Hope some of this helps.
Attached Thumbnails speed out of a 25 outlaw-boat50.jpg  

Quick Reply: speed out of a 25 outlaw

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.