Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Banana Boat
Banana Pic's with the V8! >

Banana Pic's with the V8!

Notices

Banana Pic's with the V8!

Old 08-08-2005, 08:25 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Uh oh...what is my buddy doing with that circular saw???

Attached Thumbnails Banana Pic's with the V8!-08-08-2005-01%3B03%3B29pm.jpg  

Last edited by Air Dog; 08-08-2005 at 08:36 PM.
Old 08-08-2005, 08:29 PM
Registered

I went a little crazy back in June when I was waiting for a powerpack for the engine.

Turned out the engine was fine, but thanks to the extra time I had on my hands since I wasn't boating, I finished a project that I had wanted to do for many years.

"EXTEND MY COCKPIT!"

Came out great.
Attached Thumbnails Banana Pic's with the V8!-08-08-2005-12%3B49%3B44pm.jpg  
Old 08-08-2005, 08:33 PM
Registered

So glad I borrowed my friends sawsall.
Attached Thumbnails Banana Pic's with the V8!-08-08-2005-12%3B51%3B17pm.jpg   Banana Pic's with the V8!-08-08-2005-01%3B02%3B17pm.jpg   Banana Pic's with the V8!-08-08-2005-12%3B49%3B01pm.jpg  

Old 08-09-2005, 08:19 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by fruitta55
Looks awesome Chris! I am so jelouse!

Have you GPS'd it yet?

And how does it sound?

Hi Adam,

GPS chartplotter works, but since I redid the transom and motor well, I removed the depth sounder, speed-o-meter sending unit. Hopefully I will re-attach it soon and give you some numbers.

It appears to cruize at my former wide open speed though which was 55mph on a good day. I have only opened it up a few times.

With the single merc I was usually bending the throttle lever forward trying to make it go faster in the waves, now I find myself backing off since I am not used to the much higher speeds in the rough.

As for sound, I was very surprised. At idle it is much quieter than the Mercury. Almost sounds like a 4 stroke.

Wide open it has a unique deep whinny sound. Not sure of the HP, but I am told that the builder expected to get 350hp with all the upgrades and mods...

Hope to get it Dyno'ed some day...

The enigine has oil injection, but I had it blocked off. I thought pre-mixing fuel would suck, but once you figure out the math, it is easy. The piece of mind it gives you is wonderful.
Old 08-09-2005, 08:43 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: Banana Pic's with the V8!

Chris:

LOOKS GREAT!! Can't wait to get my new banana boat built and challenge you to a race. Of course I'll have to cheat and maybe drop a 525 in...!!!

The cockpit extension looks great too. That is pretty much what I am doing with the new deck mold now. The rear seat will actually hang over in the front by about 3-4 inches. Pictures coming soon...

PS - can you post some pics of your transom knees? I'm a bit confused on what it looks like under the well?? Here's mine as you have seen before...
Attached Thumbnails Banana Pic's with the V8!-chrichap2a.jpg  
Old 08-09-2005, 09:54 AM
Registered

I will take some underneath pics on Thursday.

As far as the knees, my white Banana does not have any. Just two stringers going to the transom. The transom was replaced the year I bought it so it is strong, but I think if I was going to run twins or keep the V8 on it I would definately add some knees...

My other Banana has all kinds of extra support. I think I could drop a car on the deck and it would bounce off...

As for the back seat, mine hangs over about 2 inches. I did all kinds of measurements and math, but wasn't sure until I started cutting, how it would turn out.

It came out very nice. I put the seat back at an angle instead of vertical like the stock Banana set up.
Attached Thumbnails Banana Pic's with the V8!-08-08-2005-01%3B05%3B52pm.jpg  
Old 08-09-2005, 10:46 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

good idea about angling the seat back - more comfortable. I am working on incorporating the rear seat back with the hatch - will be all 1 piece...
Old 08-09-2005, 01:04 PM
Registered

I agree with that idea. That way when you raise the rear hatch the back rest goes with it. Much better access to storage or the engine if boat is an I/O.

I would love to make my other Banana an I/O and incorporate the backrest with the hatch.

Also I would like to push the back rest as close to the engine as possible to give a little more room in the cockpit.

What do you think about that, (assuming I don't use a TRS drive set up).
Old 08-16-2005, 10:51 PM
Registered

Chris, Do you have trim tabs on your boat? I don't see any in the pics?
Old 08-17-2005, 07:11 AM
Registered

No tabs.

Never really needed them with the single 200 merc. Although a left one would have helped when I hit waves at a certain angle...

With the speed the boat goes now, it should have tabs, but I am taking off the OMC V8 next year and putting it on my race boat.

I have a 200 merc with a blown powerhead that I am going to restore and bolt to Monkey Bizness for next season.

Quick Reply: Banana Pic's with the V8!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.