Why not plain jane White ???? >

Why not plain jane White ????

Notices

Why not plain jane White ????

Old 09-09-2009, 02:37 PM
Registered

Received 211 Likes on 84 Posts
Default Why not plain jane White ????

I was following the thread on the 41 foot Apache that had just been restored and the color they chose was a plain, all white for everything, including the interior.

We have done a lot of black boats lately and I know Joe down in Homestead is doing a white one that is coming out really nice, but maybe we will do the first 28 with the new deck in this all white look. Our new deck is going to look just like the 41 apache, so we can see here how it will look only smaller.

Here are some shots of an all white 24 we did with Mercury power....we added just a touch of black lines here and there for highlighting.....what do you think??
Attached Thumbnails Why not plain jane White ????-apache-41-rsto-2.jpg   Why not plain jane White ????-41-apache-resto1jpg.jpg   Why not plain jane White ????-banana-black-power0002-small-.jpg  

Why not plain jane White ????-banana-black-power0004-small-.jpg   Why not plain jane White ????-banana-black-power0003-small-.jpg  

Last edited by Top Banana; 09-09-2009 at 02:48 PM.
Old 09-09-2009, 03:06 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

White is timeless, always looks good.
Old 09-09-2009, 04:22 PM
Registered

If I didnt do black, I would have done all white, cant go wrong with all white
Old 09-10-2009, 10:22 AM
Registered

To me its a matter of taste and who is the targeted group to be the end user of your 28.

I believe you should try to make the boat to stand out, in a classy way.
Im not sure that white does this for you. Perhaps white with stripes in "old" banana colours?

To make the boat stand out I would like to suggest to go for an design/coulor which makes you think back about Banana Boats successful racing history.

Personally I love the look of the old 24 "top bananas".
Colour, design and number, love the whole thing about it.
If I can afford I plan to copy the thinking behind this design and put it on my 24.

Pehaps you could update this design to be a little more modern?

Just my opinion.

However, all goes back to your targeted buyer?
Who are they?
Old 09-10-2009, 10:48 AM
Registered

Received 35 Likes on 15 Posts

I agree with Pasta, I do not like the flashy paint jobs on manyof the larger boats but think the traditional colors look best, as you can tell by my choice on the 24. Plain white seems like it needs something....
Old 09-10-2009, 11:01 AM
Registered

Top,

My boat personally, is all white and it is starting to come together and looking fabulous..The all white is and awesome and very clean way to make the boat look new and modern.Obviously, with a touch a black just takes it to another level..You definitely can't go wrong with all white..Thats why I decided to go the route....I know I have posted these before, but for those who might consider white...Check these out, they will definitely steer you towards the white..
Attached Thumbnails Why not plain jane White ????-banana-paint-1.jpg   Why not plain jane White ????-banana-paint-2.jpg   Why not plain jane White ????-banana-paint-3.jpg  

Why not plain jane White ????-banana-paint-4.jpg   Why not plain jane White ????-banana-paint-5.jpg  
Old 09-10-2009, 11:33 AM
Registered

The Stripe does a lot for the look of the boat, that is the somethingthe plain white needs, when I wrote initially i was thinking a blue stripe but the black looks great.
Old 09-10-2009, 11:42 AM
Registered

Sp,

Just a touch of Black and it really makes the difference..Should have a couple more by this weekend as the deck is in the final stages as is the cockpit floor...

Thanks,
Joe
Old 09-10-2009, 12:31 PM
Registered

It looks great, looking forward to seeing it complete.
Old 09-10-2009, 01:00 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

White Hull and Deck with Yellow and Blue Stripes.
Got to have Yellow on a Banana Boat...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.