The (Re) Birth of a boat company >

The (Re) Birth of a boat company

Notices

The (Re) Birth of a boat company

Old 05-19-2010, 09:26 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Top Banana
Thanks Steve.......We are really glad you finally have the boat performance you wanted.

What happened to the boat that Steve traded in to us? Thanks to Air Dog, it was sold to a gentlemen down on Long Island, NY and he took the Merc 225 off and put on a new jack plate and then mounted a 250 HO Evinrude.

Before he did this, he had the anti fouling paint cleaned off and then had the bottom blueprinted so it was perfect. The performance that he is seeing with the jack plate and the HO motor is 73 MPH.
I think the "puck n bananas" sticker was making me go slower because im at 74 on gps since I took it off. Also for the record my old heavy slow boat only has a 225HO Etec.
Old 05-20-2010, 08:07 AM
Registered

Received 200 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally Posted by bayhouse bob
I think the "puck n bananas" sticker was making me go slower because im at 74 on gps since I took it off. Also for the record my old heavy slow boat only has a 225HO Etec.
Bob ....thanks for the corection.

With a 225, you have now set the bar even higher....keep going, there must be more in the old girl for sure.

BTW.....that number one boat is in Rhode Island now.....without power....... if you are thinking of trading in the old one. Geat deal to be had for present banana boat owners.
Old 05-20-2010, 11:52 AM
Registered

Received 35 Likes on 15 Posts

I am available any time to check the GPS on your boat Bob.... can travel or come up here, I can get you a slip for the weekend and we can see.... I know you are a bit older than I am so I think the prescription on those glasses needs to be checked....
Old 05-20-2010, 03:02 PM
Registered

Wow, what a fantastic thread!
I was actually trying to get a hold of you guys in early 2008.
However, I now know that you were just in the beginning of the re-start of the company. Probably why we did connect.

I hope this thread is kept a live and updated on a regular basis. To me, this is of great interest.

What about the new 28 footer. Any info to share?
Old 05-20-2010, 03:51 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by pasta
Wow, what a fantastic thread!
I was actually trying to get a hold of you guys in early 2008.
However, I now know that you were just in the beginning of the re-start of the company. Probably why we did connect.

I hope this thread is kept a live and updated on a regular basis. To me, this is of great interest.

What about the new 28 footer. Any info to share?
Pasta.......I was hoping that you would be chiming in here. I mentioned the great work that you are doing with your resto over in Europe......we are all waiting for the first water test with that 525 HP sterndrive. Keep the volcano ash out of the injectors.

The 28 footer so far has just been built as a center console. Two outboard twin engine boats and single sterndrive boat...Volvo.

We did a semi-test last year at a poker run with a 28 foot Magnum (same hull) with twin 300 HP Optimax engines. We are considering a single 600 plus sterndrive when we finish the sport deck. I was very pleased with the performance of the hull design with that power.

We are like all the other boat companies.....which way to invest our funds ...bigger or smaller??? The boat companies that had produced really big boats,like Outerlimits with their 50 footer, are now starting to go smaller with a 26 footer.

So before we complete the new deck mold, we are waiting to move some of the inventory we have now and then reinvest that money that is already tied up...rather than put more money out now until we see which way is the right way to go.

We have the black 24 outboard without power, that can be purchased with or without the bracket.... and we have the yellow 28 center console that can be purchased with or without power.....we have 2 older twin 200 Merc's that we been using for testing on it now. See photos below.

Why don't you have one of your friends over there buy one so you will have someone to race against.
Attached Thumbnails The (Re) Birth of a boat company-jan09-24.bmp   The (Re) Birth of a boat company-key-west-08-015-small-.jpg   The (Re) Birth of a boat company-key-west-08-020-small-.jpg  

The (Re) Birth of a boat company-27-center-console-002-small-.jpg   The (Re) Birth of a boat company-27-center-console-001-small-.jpg  
Old 05-21-2010, 01:43 PM
Registered

Received 35 Likes on 15 Posts
Default Banana update

Changed the motor to a Yahama 21 hp..... going now 83 MPH... will keep you posted. you are right it must be the Puck-N-Bananas thing .. .took the lettering off and suddenly out of no where we are really moving..... just one other question didn't he old boats with TWIN 200 Mercs run low 70"s.....
Attached Thumbnails The (Re) Birth of a boat company-xxxxdx.jpg  

Last edited by sp123; 05-21-2010 at 01:46 PM.
Old 05-22-2010, 03:21 PM
Registered

This is great news!!! I'm sure Aronow probably has a huge grin on his face right now! :-) Congrats!!
Old 05-22-2010, 04:12 PM
Registered

Since the civilian market is down for sales, we have playing around with various ideas for patrol boats...."Fast" patrol boats.

We built a 28 footer center console, with a couple of Evinrudes for testing and changing and testing and changing and, and, and....you get the idea....it wasn't a beauty queen.

But with limited power and a very crude setup we did get into the upper 70's. Now we want to take the lessons learned and see what we can develop out of our 39 foot mold...(Old Apache mold).......maybe 4 outboards of 300 HP each.....yeah, keep it interesting.
Looks like a 27 reaction ??? Is this a Banana ??
Old 05-22-2010, 06:25 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by lowblue320
Looks like a 27 reaction ??? Is this a Banana ??
The owner of Reaction is a friend and a former banana owner..... he and a partner wanted to go in the boating business.

They made a mold off a 28 Magnum....called the company Reaction and ........made a few center consoles ....but didn't sell any boats over a 3 - 4 year period.

We told them we would buy the molds as we knew who did the tooling and they were good quality. They wanted out and we bought them.
Old 05-23-2010, 10:26 AM
Registered

The owner of Reaction is a friend and a former banana owner..... he and a partner wanted to go in the boating business.

They made a mold off a 28 Magnum....called the company Reaction and ........made a few center consoles ....but didn't sell any boats over a 3 - 4 year period.

We told them we would buy the molds as we knew who did the tooling and they were good quality. They wanted out and we bought them.
I see, Andy Frost is a good guy. My friend owns the blue one pictured but I really don't see the magnum resemblance because of the beam. It looked more to me like a 27 Activator then any other boat.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.