Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Banana Boat
The end of an Era........Thank You !!!!! >

The end of an Era........Thank You !!!!!

Notices

The end of an Era........Thank You !!!!!

Old 07-24-2011, 05:34 PM
Registered

Received 226 Likes on 88 Posts
Default The end of an Era........Thank You !!!!!

The end of an Era….Thank you!!!!

I think the time has come to close an era of the Banana Boat Co. We will no longer be making small boats. The molds for the 24 – 28 – 35 and 39 footers are being moved back to our founding place of birth, New England. Along with a new partner, we will be developing a new line of Center Consoles and Patrol Boats under new company names.

To all of our loyal customers, supporters and fans, a deep heartfelt thanks, from both my son and I, for the many years that you have used our boats, raced our boats and enjoyed our boats, on the waters wherever you may be.

From the very beginning, we all knew….. builders, owners, racers, that we made one of the finest boats out there, especially with the direct lineage of Don Aronow’s involvement, right from the beginning of the company.

Times change and we must change with them if we are to be a relevant company in the future. Banana Boat will be starting with a clean sheet of paper and developing two new boats for our future. A 43 foot and 49 foot deep vee, will be developed over the next year or two. A recent day spent with Fred Kiekhaefer at the Mercury Racing facility in Fond du Lac, opened my eyes to the future of high performance boating….and we want to be part of it.

Our 43 footer will be designed around the Mercury Racing 1100 HP package with the number 6 drives and the 49 footer will be designed around the Mercury Racing1350 HP package with the number 8 drives. The boats will be wider, with steps, running staggered engine packages. The cockpits will be sit down styled and the goal with both boats, is to be in the 140 MPH range. Cabins will have minimal accommodations.

The modern day boats that have left the greatest impression with me, have been the Outerlimits for deck styling and the new Statement for complete hull and deck sleekness. So you can probably see the future Banana design by taking a close look at those boats.

For our loyal 24 foot Banana owners….. That is it !!!!…. you have the last and only 24’s to be made. Enjoy them, use them hard, they were made for that.

Once again our deepest thanks for the many friendships we have made over the years, we feel as if we are one family with all of you.

Charlie and Charlie Jr.
Attached Thumbnails The end of an Era........Thank You !!!!!-3404295762_2580263642_o.jpg  
Old 07-24-2011, 05:41 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 53 Likes on 28 Posts

Charlie,

Best of luck with your new venture.

Will the sit downs be rigid seating or suspension?

Thanks
Jon
Old 07-24-2011, 08:08 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I clearly see the reason behind the business decision...bottom line smaller boats take almost as many man hours as a larger one and the profit margin growth is exponential.
BUT.... this is just one more blow to true entry level performance boating.
Nonetheless congrats and I hope to some day own a 24' Banana.
Old 07-24-2011, 08:13 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by cougarman
Charlie,

Best of luck with your new venture.

Will the sit downs be rigid seating or suspension?

Thanks
Jon
Thanks Jon. Good question but I will still approach the design and build just as if I intended to race it.

All the boats we have ever built, could have been raced if the owners wanted to. I want to keep that same outlook with the new boats also.

Todd is a smart guy and when he designed the floating cockpit on the Statement, he used an air bag system to insulate the passengers from the shock of re-entry. I'm not sure if we would do that or just use shock absorbers on the seats themselves.

It took them over 2 years to finish the first prototype, so we are not going to hurry the process. That question and many others will be thoughtfully considered.
Old 07-24-2011, 08:24 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrats....but too bad on the 24s. I know they have a cult like following and I'm sure your news has upset many. Can't wait to see the big guns
Old 07-24-2011, 11:26 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrats on the new business venture I'm sure the new boats will be top notch, can't wait to see them.
Old 07-25-2011, 09:32 AM
Registered

Received 35 Likes on 15 Posts

Charlie I am sorry to hear that... the 24 is a fantastic boat.. .loved mine... both of them. I wish you well in the future and I do appreciate all the hlep you have given me over the past few years.. .You know I will pick your brain from time to time anyway.... good luck...

Last edited by sp123; 07-25-2011 at 10:00 AM.
Old 07-25-2011, 11:00 AM
Registered

Thanks for all the good wishes. Next summer we hope to start delivery of our center consoles and patrol boats.

Anyone in the need of a nice "Special Operations Craft" can order one of our 39 footers from the patrol boat company.....Maltese Marine.

Here is the new company logo, both for nighttime use boats(lower) and daytime use boats(upper)
Attached Thumbnails The end of an Era........Thank You !!!!!-final-white-small-.bmp  
Old 07-25-2011, 11:05 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 344 Likes on 115 Posts

Congrats on your new venture Charlie.

A couple of questions:
1. How many boats a year has banana been producing?
2. How many boats per year in the future would you like to produce?

thanks in advance,
Craig
Old 07-25-2011, 12:24 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Will the 24' be available under the new brand name?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.