Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Banana Boat
24’ Banana CC >

24’ Banana CC

Notices

24’ Banana CC

Old 05-31-2020, 09:00 PM
  #1  
Registered
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Tega Cay, SC
Posts: 320
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default 24’ Banana CC

Hi all, I joined the Banana boat family today with a new to me 24’ center console. I have a ton of questions and will revisit later but my main question is the draft. I know these boats aren’t heavy, but this thing will float in a foot of water. Is that normal? It’s a 91’ with a 31” bracket and 225 optimax.


Stuckonstupid is offline  
The following users liked this post:
KRAUSMOTORSPORTS (06-01-2020)
Old 06-15-2020, 08:49 AM
  #2  
Registered
 
Top Banana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Rhode Island summer, Florida winter
Posts: 3,589
Likes: 0
Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Stuckonstupid View Post
Hi all, I joined the Banana boat family today with a new to me 24’ center console. I have a ton of questions and will revisit later but my main question is the draft. I know these boats aren’t heavy, but this thing will float in a foot of water. Is that normal? It’s a 91’ with a 31” bracket and 225 optimax.

Congratulations on the purchase.

Don't know where you are in Florida, but there are two active Banana Boat owners that use their boats all the time, in the Tarpon Springs and Tampa Bay area.

As far as floating high, don't forget the outboard bracket is made with a big flotation compartment in it, to help the boat stay level.
Top Banana is offline  
The following users liked this post:
Stuckonstupid (06-15-2020)
Old 06-15-2020, 10:26 AM
  #3  
Registered
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Tega Cay, SC
Posts: 320
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Top Banana View Post
Congratulations on the purchase.

Don't know where you are in Florida, but there are two active Banana Boat owners that use their boats all the time, in the Tarpon Springs and Tampa Bay area.

As far as floating high, don't forget the outboard bracket is made with a big flotation compartment in it, to help the boat stay level.
kind of disappointed that I didn’t think of the outboard bracket, that makes perfect sense. I love the boat so far and it rides really nice. My goal is to use it as is this summer and have the floor replaced and potentially have it painted over the winter. I have actually seen the 24’ in tarpon springs on its trailer, we got lost house hunting and came across it, it’s a beautiful boat for sure. We are in Clearwater for now, but will most likely be purchasing a home in palm Harbor or tarpon springs in the winter of 21’ as we are new to Florida.
Stuckonstupid is offline  
Old 06-15-2020, 03:04 PM
  #4  
Registered
 
Top Banana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Rhode Island summer, Florida winter
Posts: 3,589
Likes: 0
Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Stuckonstupid View Post
kind of disappointed that I didn’t think of the outboard bracket, that makes perfect sense. I love the boat so far and it rides really nice. My goal is to use it as is this summer and have the floor replaced and potentially have it painted over the winter. I have actually seen the 24’ in tarpon springs on its trailer, we got lost house hunting and came across it, it’s a beautiful boat for sure. We are in Clearwater for now, but will most likely be purchasing a home in palm Harbor or tarpon springs in the winter of 21’ as we are new to Florida.
No problem, as most of the high performance boats back in the 70's had the same problems of sitting too low in the water at the stern. When the outboards became more popular and then became 4 strokes, we all knew that something was needed for a way to level the boats out at rest. Stainless marine came up with the first one and it worked great, as both a buoyancy tank and a way to flow the water to the prop and still use a high X dimension....that made the boats run faster with the same HP.

If you write to me at the Banana Racing team email, I can give you the contact info for the Banana Boat guys in Tarpon Springs. [email protected]

The sterndrive boat over there, is my son's boat and is a 1976 model, that he totally restored a few years ago. It had a 280 TRS package when new... and he has re-powered with 383 cu in motor and a Bravo drive.
Top Banana is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


OSO Sponsor
OSO Advertiser
OSO Advertiser

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.

OSO Advertiser