How Many Banana's were made? >

How Many Banana's were made?

Notices

How Many Banana's were made?

Old 11-12-2004, 08:23 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tripps,

Funny you should say that. About three years ago I started my first race. I called it the Pan American 100.

I figured it was about 50 miles to the hard core drunken fishing village of Portland Maine, so my plan was to have a race start in Portsmouth, NH race to Porland, Maine spend the night and then race back the next day.

The airline that I work for was going to sponsor it and the local water bars in Portsmouth were going to send us off.

At the time I did not advertise it on OSO and I had only three boats enter. One BAJA, One LARSON and me in the Banana.

The BAJA broke, The larson decided the V in his boat was just too shallow for the open water, so I went alone. Got 1/3 of the way there and just pulled into a beach and kicked back.

No fun racing alone.

Screw the fun run, I want a race. I want a race that you end up somewhere. I want to spend the night, get drunk and race back the next day, like we do on the sailboat I race on.

Fuggin A man I want to scare the sh*t out of myself not only with the throttles buried, skipping off the top of giant green rollers screaming I'm an oscar meyer weiner, but I want to do it in the Freakin Fog while trying to navigate as I rip past a sword boat coming back from a hard day of work thinking, what the hell was that?

I think I have a new mission, I will bring back my overnight race idea, but I will change the name of it to the

"1st Annual Banana Boat 100"

Details to come...

Chapdog
Old 11-14-2004, 10:53 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: How Many Banana's were made?

I may be up for something like that. If We can get our trailer issues working better.