So this is Christmas....

Notices

So this is Christmas....

Old 12-22-2004, 02:42 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: So this is Christmas....

Chris,

You must have the drop down cabin/ single tank set-up? There's a guy who lives 'round the corner from my mom who has mid 80s Blue Banana with twin 200s and the single tank
set like that.

I sort of wish my fuel tanks were favored more toward the rear for better balance (similar to the effect of engine set back). I guess it could be done, maybe someday.
I'd like to get the upholstery recovered this spring, possibly modifying the seat drop in the bolster. The outside of the cockpit (top vertical part of gunwale) has lots of gel cracks which I'd like to fix. I'm not sure how to fix the cracks, and body work is certainly one of my weak points. I've got most of the mechanical issues ironed out though, and the boat performed quite well last summer...we had a blast!

The Banana Run sounds like fun. I may have to get a guy friend for that as I'm not sure my
girlfriend would be up to that.

BTW, Chatim posted the pics in the Hull #/ year thread. Thanks Charlie!

Dave
Old 12-22-2004, 03:46 PM
Registered

Dave,

Does your still have the brigeport EFI 2.4's or are they stock? I think I remember Mike saying he switched to motors to stock 200's before sold it.

As for the cracks, all the Banana's have them. You can dig out and fill them, but they will just crack again unless you reinforce them from underneath. (meaning you either have to remove the deck or start cutting access holes...)
Old 12-23-2004, 08:48 AM
Registered

Yes, it has the Bridgeports, but I converted to wh20 carb set-ups. The EFI set-ups were too
dated and expensive to maintain, plus I didn't want to risk possibly blowing up one of those
nice powerheads. The conversion wasn't completely cut & dry, but worth it. I run two twin EGT pyros to monitor ex. temp to make jet selection easy. I changed clamp/trim to single large cylinder style used on the hi-perf engines. The engines spin up between 7000-7500 RPM with 24 choppers. Plenty of "dialing in" still left!

I hope the boat will be ready for the outing in June
Dave
Old 12-23-2004, 04:23 PM
Registered

7500rpm Yikes... You might be the fastest Banana there. I take it back you can't come. Matter of fact, anybody that is faster than me can't go....Wait, that is everybody....
Old 12-26-2004, 09:02 PM
Registered

Hope everyone had a great holiday! I know I did. Also, just received the Banana Christmas Suprise. Thanks Guys it's awesome!

Last edited by fruitta55; 12-27-2004 at 02:44 PM.