What happened to the Banana board

Notices

Old 01-23-2005, 04:17 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Okay, what happened?

Why do I go to the Banana Boat forum of OSO?

That's like asking a Heroin addict why he keep shooting up?

He is looking for that first time high...

It seems that Charlie McCarthy Sr, and Jr are very busy and havent had time to post anything lately. Charlie Jr being in accounting and it being tax season, I guess I can understand. But what about us.

What about the Banana Junkies???

What about the good natured American Bad Ass who says to the world "Go Screw, I got a 24 foot deep Vee and I'm not afraid to use it!"

Could I have cabin fever?

Could I be buried under 2 and a half FEET of snow right now?

Could I be trapped in my house with nothing but the internet to keep me warm?

Could be....

Anyway, here is a picture of my Banana....

Anybody got anything?

Anybody?

Beuler, Beuler?

Anybody?
Attached Thumbnails What happened to the Banana board-monkey-bizness-vineyard.jpg  
Old 01-23-2005, 05:16 PM
Registered

Received 24 Likes on 15 Posts
Default Re: What happened to the Banana board

yes airdog,you got cabin fever!!!!,go out and shovel some snow, i know you got plenty i only got 10 inches ,im almost anybody right? go check out my posts about the reunoin for superboatsbannanasvelocityesdonzisactiaviatorsfoun tainsskatershustlersouterlimitsand whoever wants to come out and play june 11th. its on the superboat forum,oh yeah,i spent prop # on asnowblower friday, and it's a good thing I did........
Tripps
Old 01-23-2005, 07:09 PM
Registered
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The Evolution of the Ghost Banana
Attached Thumbnails What happened to the Banana board-my-banana.jpg   What happened to the Banana board-ghost-bananan.jpg   What happened to the Banana board-monkey-bizness-blue-stripe.jpg  

Last edited by heatbuzz; 01-24-2005 at 06:08 PM.
Old 01-23-2005, 08:38 PM
Registered

I'll say its all three! I got about 2 feet here. I've been quiet because I've been real tied up as of late. Just got my divorce finalized, and am closing on my new house friday. Both good things buy the way. Along with battling with a screwed up back and knee since July. Fighting with workers comp. really sucks the rest of the ambition out of you. Also been fighting with my bike builder to get my bike back together since like October. Cracked the frame in June. And now its snow season and I can't ride my sled do to the affore mentioned medical issues. But I still can't wait till the water thaws so I can get back out there in the 'Nana!
Attached Thumbnails What happened to the Banana board-street-shot.jpg   What happened to the Banana board-my-bike-2.jpg  
Old 01-24-2005, 10:49 AM
Registered

Talking

Hey Adam, you got two gas tanks in that Banana...

Coool...

You must have really good range?
Old 01-24-2005, 02:19 PM
Registered

Yeah not to bad. I wish I knew how big they were though. I have the normal one that runs pretty much in in the cockpit area and a little under the bench seat. Then I have another one that sits back between the stringers in the battery hatch area. Its about 3'x3'x?? I need to find out why my gas gauges don't register anything so I'll probably pull the senders and stick the tanks to figure out for sure.
Old 01-25-2005, 08:50 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hey guys - yes Chris is right...been real busy with work this time of year. Things should be slowing down soon and I'll have more time. Nice bike Adam - my dad will surely like to see that picture when he gets back into town.
Old 01-25-2005, 01:00 PM
Registered

Hey Dudes,

Got Whalloped with lots 'o snow this weekend. Not liking it! I want to get the boat uncovered and make arrangements to have the upholstery redone, but it looks like that's going to take a backseat (no pun intended!)

Hey FRUITTA55, I've got two 50 gal tanks in my rig; one starting at Bulkhead behind rear seat to bolster area (approx) and the other tank ending somwhere in cabin (normally where some of the Bananas have the drop down area at cabin entry) Each engine runs independently off each tank. I'm not sure if this is the optimum set up, and I'm open to suggestions from anyone. I feel that the forward tank moves the CG a bit too far forward,
obviously with 1/2 capacity or more. Ithink your fuel tank set up sound good. By the way,
my fuel gauges work.....when they say 1/4 (especially starboard tank), it means EMPTY!

Chris,

Been busy as well, but thanks for keeping the board going even though it seems like you're
talking to yourself! We're here! I think most of us are busy and/or depressed with this winter weather. Keep the faith!

Dave

GO PATS!
Old 01-25-2005, 02:09 PM
Registered

Default Patriots Kick Ass!

Hello bananas,

My suggestion is rip out the forward tank and drop it where the engine would go if you had an I/O.

Then you can have the drop down cabin and fix your CG problem.

Then I would switch it so you run both from one tank at a time...

Then I would install (3) 300hp Mercurys...

Old 01-25-2005, 03:14 PM
Registered

'Dog,

I've been thinking on those lines. Just have to find the time and energy to do the job. In time...I've got patience. I'd like to hear from other Banana owner's who have similar tank set ups. I imagine one would employ some sort of electrically controlled valve to select Tank A, Tank B or both??? (Actually, one of the switches is labled "Forward Tank", but it's not hooked up) How much more room do you gain in the cabin?

As I said, I have patience and there will always be time in the future for fine tuning stuff like that. I'm trying to focus a bit on cosmetics at this point. One mechanical issue though is that the carbs may need slosh tubes and possibly float baffle plates. When slamming hard chop at high speeds, the engines "four stroke" momentarily and need a couple of seconds or so to clear out. The production "carb" version of the Merc High perf motors had these tricks. Just more work.....

Dave

Quick Reply: What happened to the Banana board

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.