Engine Rebuilding Service >

Engine Rebuilding Service

Notices

Engine Rebuilding Service

Old 06-11-2008, 02:40 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow Engine Rebuilding Service

Beware if any of you are looking to have engine work done in Hattiesburg, Miss. Porcello racing engines. Just came back from court over a bill I refused to pay. This worm (Greg Porcello) talked me into letting him "rebuild" my 2 big blocks for the cost of parts only. $4,400.00. Which I paid. After 11 months, pulling engines 3 times from anything from putting timing chain oiler plug in BACK of engine instead of front, crankshaft seals BACKWARDS, forgetting to put oil pump shaft in BEFORE putting oil pump on and oil pan etc etc. Never getting over 2 yes TWO hours of total run time combined. Destroyed 2 complete sets of valvetrain TWICE.
Paid him in full all previous times and spent additional $9,000.00 shop bills, parts etc on all the pull outs. I do all the research to help him pick a cam and setup, I get RM Builder to recomend to me a setup and I have Porcello order parts and he gets in court room and says he did all the research. 3rd time engines in boat and run 1-2 hr and water in oil. Find head bolts with no sealant, little torque on center head bolts, so little that no impression on head gasket in this area. Both engines the same. Owe him another $2,500.00 at this point for parts that again he did not install correctly. Have valvetrain problems again also. Pull engines 4th time and take somewhere else. They fix, replace broken components with the same setup that RM Builder recomends. Takes 4 weeks and another $3,600.00. Put these back in and have 135 hrs on them without one problem. I just feel like I did not get what I paid for from the start of all this and in the end had to have someone else do it anyway. Figured it up with all that I had to pay on shop bills and other parts related to assembling exhaust etc. I am in this for $15,000 !!!! on a project that started out to be around $5,000.
Judge says he will rule by Friday. Greg Porcello has a gift for gab and can convince you he can do anything. He does (or supposed to) build local drag racer engines around Hattiesburg, MS. Brought a friend of his to court, Ricky Klarr of Klarr racing. He is a burned out idiot also. Since this I have researched Klarr and in his time was indeed good at drag racing and building drag engines. Shall I be polite and just say he is "out there" now. Judge even had to stop him as he was pulling his "chain" on all his life's accomplishments and stories and such not related to this case.
SO FRIENDS BEWARE IF YOU LIVE IN THIS AREA AND THINKING OF GETTING SOME ENGINE WORK DONE.
I can recommend 2 great places to take your engines though. Wall to Wall Racing in Livingston, La. (they fixed all my problems) and Performance Marine in New Orleans, La. (Kenner)
Am I wrong for feeling this way???
Old 06-11-2008, 04:11 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wow that sure suks Lose his phone # and use Mark @ Performance have heard nothing but great things and talked to him on the phone and sharp as a Tack
good luck
Old 06-11-2008, 04:24 PM
Registered

Wow you woulda had better luck taking it to the nearest High School and letting them make a class project outta your motors. How many rookie mistakes could one place make on a set of motors????
Old 06-11-2008, 04:55 PM
Registered

What really sucks is I could have purchased 2 NEW 454's from marine power for 5,000 each. Mind you these were "basic" 425 hp engines.
You are right about Mark at precision. During all this he hooked me up with a set of square port heads that this "builder" said were no good. Gave me a great price on them also. I can thank Rob Stringer for the connection to Mark. I know several that have used Performance marine with great results. I have learned the hard way. Hope no-one has to go through this kind of bull#%@^.
Hopefully judge can see through this guys bull. Will know in few days.
Old 06-12-2008, 10:01 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Sorry to hear all the BS Kenny. Mark is a wealth of knowledge. I met him through Steve at cathouse Performance Marine. Both are good guys.

I'll add one more to your list of recommended engine builders. Diamond Racing in Hammond, Louisiana built the engines in my Formula and they were STRONG and well-built. Guy's name is Don Pellichino - I drag raced with him back in the 80's. Also does a lot of R&D work for some major players in the friction reduction and bearing technology department. Straight up, no BS kinda guy.
Old 06-12-2008, 11:19 AM
Registered

Thanks croozin. So far all has been well with the engines from wall 2 wall. Just hope all this other crap is over soon. What ever the outcome my lawyer says we have an excellent criminal case against this guy with all the documentation, reciepts etc that I kept. But you know thats just not me. I had long just said that was 15 grand of hard lesson learned. Just putting the word out on this worm.
Old 06-12-2008, 01:35 PM
skater brother
Platinum Member

take the ride to kenner la MARK BOOS 504-469-7463
Attached Images  
Old 06-12-2008, 07:24 PM
Registered

Mark is the man you want if you want it done right...Trust me, he will get it done.
He is the only guy I let work on my boat.

Chuck
Old 06-12-2008, 09:08 PM
Registered

Thanks guys. 3 years ago when all this crap started I did not know them very well and settled on wall 2 wall. Was fairly new to marine hp engines also. I spoke to Mark during the time when wall 2 wall was working on mine. As I said Mark helped us out on a set of heads. Mark knew of Ronnie at w2w and said for me not to worry. Lea went to pick up the heads (that at first they did not think they had but after hearing of our "builder" problems they found some for us),and they were very nice to her gave her the tour of the shop. (go figure, blond and big chest....). But seriously they are a great group of people. Unlike GREG PORCELLO of PORCELLO PERFORMANCE ENGINES !!!!!!
Old 06-13-2008, 03:47 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by team Tickfaw
Judge says he will rule by Friday....... Am I wrong for feeling this way???
It is Friday the 13th, no you are not wrong and he needs to get a reality check.. Let us know what the Judge ruled, interesting stuff...

Quick Reply: Engine Rebuilding Service

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.