Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Beware and Stolen
Arizona speed & marine??? >

Arizona speed & marine???

Notices

Arizona speed & marine???

Old 01-02-2009, 01:01 AM
Banned

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

I have heard good things about Gary Talyor at TPI performance inc. He is a Fireman and builds only fuel injection marine motors.
Old 01-04-2009, 01:07 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Detonation - Azm

Oh yeah coast me two engines - Burn holes in the pistons after 5 minutes. They say they are the authority on the ECM software, I sent them all my specs for a 572 bored and stroked 500 EFI - used their injectors, Map sensor and throttle body kit - The result FAT idle, LEAN everywhere else - Nice guys but they don't have a good standing with me. It cost me about $12K in two rebuilds - you should see my brand new JE pistons after 10 minutes - NEVER MAIL ORDER an ECM for tuning - Dyno it PERIOD - then water test, plug check and do it locally
Old 07-07-2009, 12:29 AM
Registered

yup, dealing with them for over a year on a very bad tune for my 500 hp. def not good to deal with these guys. I sent the ecu back twice and still having issues w just getting the engine to run right
Old 08-10-2009, 08:56 PM
Registered

Default No Arizona Speed And Marine

These guys built three motors for me, shipped my boat back, one motor had blown head gasket. Looked into the problem and they used too long of headbolts in all three motors. They rigged the water lines wrong and all three motors were running way to hot for blower motors. They offered NO help and said NO Warranty. Had too rebuild all three motors at Sterling. Sterling came to the lake with me and dialed them in. The boat runs great now. Sterling are the guys to build your your motors. They are a class act and also stand behind their work. I would never do any business with ASM. They are the worst company in the industry I have ever dealt with.

STAY AWAY FROM ARIZONA SPEED AND MARINE>>>>>>>>>>
Old 08-17-2009, 01:01 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by liquidthunder
These guys built three motors for me, shipped my boat back, one motor had blown head gasket. Looked into the problem and they used too long of headbolts in all three motors. They rigged the water lines wrong and all three motors were running way to hot for blower motors. They offered NO help and said NO Warranty. Had too rebuild all three motors at Sterling. Sterling came to the lake with me and dialed them in. The boat runs great now. Sterling are the guys to build your your motors. They are a class act and also stand behind their work. I would never do any business with ASM. They are the worst company in the industry I have ever dealt with.

STAY AWAY FROM ARIZONA SPEED AND MARINE>>>>>>>>>>
Wow, w/ all the NEGATIVE reports, how R these people still in bus???????
Old 08-17-2009, 07:39 PM
Registered

I think they are in business cause when they started they gave a dam now not so much. Wish they could see this thread!
Old 08-18-2009, 08:28 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by fountainfevr
I think they are in business cause when they started they gave a dam now not so much. Wish they could see this thread!
Bet they have, or heard about it!!!
Old 08-18-2009, 12:41 PM
Registered

Default ASM cant even get a car motor right!

I have a SRT8 jeep that I wanted supercharged... Should have done "more" homework and I would have found out that they were about done!

They shipped half the supercharger kit, then charged me for overnight two weeks later for the rest of the parts!

The tune was so bad it wouldnt run, emailed the tune back and forth about 12 times... Dyno tuning left and right...Thought we were close...Then Jim (ASM) quit responding. Popped the motor...We tested all the injectors and found out that we had 10 bad! They were suposed to be new from ASM!

I think they are selling out all the return crap from the back bins now.

Filed a complaint with BBB, but he got out of it, stating it was past the 30 day "from purchase" warranty. It wasnt worth the time to deal with this idiot.

Stay Away!!!
Old 08-19-2009, 08:49 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This thread is a proof statement that marine EFI is not a very good DIY project for most. IMO, marine EFI needs to to calibrated in the boat with the necessary software and by someone with proven EFI skills. Is it worth the risk to save the $500-$1000 a pro would charge to dial in your boat?

Also, why would anyone do business with this company? This just makes me sick....
Old 08-20-2009, 01:20 PM
Rob
VIP Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by wrinkleface
Anybody had any issues deal'n w/ these people?? Buddy right now is in a Chit storm w/ them!!

When I did a google search ,this thread came up 3rd. I m thinking if the title read Arizona speed & marine Bad Buisness!!!! it would grab a searchers eye better, just think if a person is just searching for there site for info or phone # it might grab more attention.

My thread is titled this way,so anyway a person searchs it, it will show up
'''McLeod Design Interiors **Bad Business**''''

The Only Time You Have To Much Ammo Is When Your Swimming Or On Fire.

Quick Reply: Arizona speed & marine???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.