Stolen 35' Cigarette Mistress 80 Model >

Stolen 35' Cigarette Mistress 80 Model

Notices

Stolen 35' Cigarette Mistress 80 Model

Old 07-11-2009, 02:08 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stolen 35' Cigarette Mistress 80 Model

Well here it goes! All this time I had my boat stored in care of my friend from Donna Texas, now a customer of the feds and doing time. No body could tell me what happen to my boat last seen (I think) in Corpus Christi Texas. The boat was painted white with the bottom painted black, it had blue and white interior and had blue gafrig gauges with gafrig trottles and shifts. Twin 454's 425 hp mercs. I also did time but the boat was not in my case or was bought with easy money. It was a life long dream come to reality by hard work my time in the feds is some other story. That is why I was able to keep my boat put into storage for her time to be restored and refit. My one of many mistakes is that I made a bad choice in life and I paid for it the title was not even changed to my name as the boat awaited to be refit I still have the title and if you want I'll send you the name it has on it in case someone bought it with a fake title or tried to rejister it with with a lost title. And heres more I got in contact with the idot my friend and he told me the boat was being worked on and was lost in a machnics lean but before they do that don't they have to send out a letter to the owner of the boat that being me and not my friend the idot, and if they did that means they sold a stolen boat. because I never got a letter or even a call. If you want I'll send you the vin# to see if you bought a stolen boat.

heres my email address [email protected]
Old 07-11-2009, 07:56 AM
Registered

Default I am not sure they would have contacted you...

....As you state that the boat was never titled in your name....so why would they have to contact you. Legally it wasn't your boat, I don't think. Wouldn't they have contacted the person who the boat was last titled to? I may be wrong, just thinking out loud here. If it were titled in your name...it most likely would have been included in your "case", especially if you owed any taxes, or such.
Thomas

Originally Posted by THONG CHASER
Well here it goes! All this time I had my boat stored in care of my friend from Donna Texas, now a customer of the feds and doing time. No body could tell me what happen to my boat last seen (I think) in Corpus Christi Texas. The boat was painted white with the bottom painted black, it had blue and white interior and had blue gafrig gauges with gafrig trottles and shifts. Twin 454's 425 hp mercs. I also did time but the boat was not in my case or was bought with easy money. It was a life long dream come to reality by hard work my time in the feds is some other story. That is why I was able to keep my boat put into storage for her time to be restored and refit. My one of many mistakes is that I made a bad choice in life and I paid for it the title was not even changed to my name as the boat awaited to be refit I still have the title and if you want I'll send you the name it has on it in case someone bought it with a fake title or tried to rejister it with with a lost title. And heres more I got in contact with the idot my friend and he told me the boat was being worked on and was lost in a machnics lean but before they do that don't they have to send out a letter to the owner of the boat that being me and not my friend the idot, and if they did that means they sold a stolen boat. because I never got a letter or even a call. If you want I'll send you the vin# to see if you bought a stolen boat.

heres my email address [email protected]
Old 07-13-2009, 02:26 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Try to find out who was doing the work on the boat and ask for the documentation. I would walk with a witness or a recorder or a camera or some sort and wait for the documents. If they tell you to come back they might pull a fast one and fabricate something. Also if they had possession of the boat and couldn't contact the owners, I think all they had to do is list it in the local newspaper.
Old 07-13-2009, 06:24 PM
Registered

Do you have any pictures of that boat I may have seen it and may know where it is.
Old 07-14-2009, 08:22 PM
Registered

Turbo rr, thats a good Idea, but I would like to be a walk in deal. If I alert my idot friend he mite call were ever the boat is and for sure I never will see it. See the reason I never put it in my name is because I was saving to restore and refit her I had all the time and I never thought that some one would steal or sell something that it wasn't their's to begin with, specially something as big as a 35' boat. So I know that someone has bought a boat that was stolen even if they didn't know it.
Old 07-14-2009, 08:56 PM
Registered

B one I don't have photos of it the feds took all of them and when they found out the boat was not in my case they said I could keep it but they kept the photos and now I live in Dallas Tx. with my new family. So all photos are gone. All I know is that the boat was taken to Corpus Christi TX. to be worked on, my friend the Idiot passed it as if he was the owner without me knowing. when he became property of the Feds he forgot about everything and I guess and he never picked it up from the shop. So I'am guessing that the shop sold or mite still have it on their lot. without me, the real owner knowing it where it is. This is how my boat looked last when I saw her the kevlar hull was white with the bottom painted black I use her In South Pardre Island Tx. back in 97 until it went into storage in 02 thats when he pick it up because I trusted him to hold it for me until I did my time. The seats and interior was white and blue with the letters (Cigarette) on the fairing in script chome letters. It was redone by the last owner in Ft Laurdale FL. where I bought the boat where it sat at the Everglades Marina in 97. It has 454s 425hp mercs, the gauges are gafrig blue bezels and so are the trottles are gafrig the engine bay is raw almost flesh color no paint except the motors are black. But the most obvious is the black paint on the bottom of the hull. I hope I helps you remember seeing it. I'am also thinking of bringing charges up on the Idiot and who ever has it or sold it, thats something that is last resort. All I want is my boat back!!! Like I said I have the title with the vin number if someone thinks I will send you the vin. Oh by the way also missing is the triple axle all alumium trailer!

Last edited by THONG CHASER; 07-14-2009 at 09:02 PM.
Old 07-16-2009, 09:54 AM
Registered

do you know what shop or where the shop is in corpus. I live in Corpus and know a lot of people. I beleave I have seen this boat there is not many performance boats in this town. The people that may have it know are good people and I don't want to couse them any grief. Just trying to make sure before I say anything. Did it have a grab rail down the middle of the bow?
Old 07-16-2009, 12:59 PM
Registered

Received 885 Likes on 480 Posts

Thong sorry for your loss but........

1. You don't legally own the boat if the title wasn't changed to your name.
2. You and your storage buddy were both in/out of jail with the repercussions of asset confiscation by the govt.
3. You don't even post a pic of the boat.
4. This is like a $10,000 project boat at best. If you actually paid storage on this boat then you probably exceeded the hull value in the years it was in storage. If you didn't pay storage then got presented with a bill then the concept of buying another project may actually be cheaper.

Just start over, buy another project and don't make the same mistakes with the new boat. You are not the only guy that went away to find out things changed when you get out.
I have a buddy in the auto body business that inherited a late 80's slant nose Porsche 930 turbo. Owner was a long time "cash" customer, car needed a bumper/hood/fender. Guy dropped the car off and never came back. Tom fixed the car/ stored it for 15 years and finally gave up on the owner ever coming back, got a mechanic's lien title and sold the car. He said in the end he made nothing due to the unpaid storage charges that accumulated, car had aged in storage so it needed a total restoration to be mint again.

Thong your boat could have been the same way.......just get it out of here, guy wanted the space back....

Good Luck with your boating.
Old 07-19-2009, 11:12 PM
Registered

B one I don't know the name of the job but I can do some research on it. As to answer your question about the grab rail, yes it has one and one other thing that the boat has is in the engine bay the side ventilation grills on the deck, two on each side you can see the bulkhead and the fiberglass is over done, in other words its un finished and looks like its over flowing out the ventilation grill.
Old 07-19-2009, 11:34 PM
Registered

Jupiter sunsation I know I've have a past and but like I said the boat was not in my case. I use the boat for awhile then put the boat in storage and sat in my driveway until I went to the feds while in there, my wife wanted a divorce and the only person I could call was the idiot. Yes I can forget about it but I don't have a triple figure income or my own business to buy another one and if theres is a slight chance of me getting my boat back or go to court I guess I will have too. It took me almost 15 years to save for my dream to come true. Unless someone out there wants to give me 49,000 I would glady take it and buy another Mistress. But you and I Know thats not going to happen, so I will have to try anything.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.