Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Beware and Stolen
Stolen Boat Recovered: Maybe a happy ending... >

Stolen Boat Recovered: Maybe a happy ending...

Notices

Stolen Boat Recovered: Maybe a happy ending...

Old 10-20-2009, 03:47 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stolen Boat Recovered: Maybe a happy ending...

Hey guys - my custom boat was stolen last month, however, i just received word that it was recovered (YEAH!). They managed to pull the engine and drive before it was found, but at least i'm going to recover the hull. I've heard that three thugs were arrested. Still haven't got to see her yet, but hope to assess the damage soon.

Does anyone have any experience with insurance claims on stolen engines/drives? I'm trying to prepare myself for what to expect next.

Guess i've just gotten myself a new winter project!
Old 10-20-2009, 10:46 PM
Registered

Received 87 Likes on 49 Posts

NO EXP ON STOLEN CHIT,BUT I SURE DO LOVE A [HAPPY ENDING].
Old 10-21-2009, 07:49 AM
Registered

congrats on the recovery. what kind is it? post pics of the damage!
Old 10-21-2009, 10:33 AM
Registered

Will do as soon as i can get access to the boat... Been reading the insurance experience of others and bracing myself for my new hobby <urgh> ...
Old 10-21-2009, 02:13 PM
Registered

its worth it. great hobby.
Old 10-31-2009, 02:15 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Was this in Florida?

My experience was similar. May have some details for you.
Steve
Old 10-31-2009, 02:18 PM
Rob
VIP Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Best of luck keep us posted
Rob
Old 11-01-2009, 08:34 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Insurance Companies....

I've worked closely with several different marine insurance carriers over the years with claims submitted through me. I have not yet had a negative experience with any carrier I have dealt with regarding a replacement claim. In fact it was quite the opposite, the claims were filed & paid within the span of a month and closed 6 months later pending a final review of the work performed and whether any other issues developed as a result of the incident. (stolen equipment or damage as a result of collision etc..)

I think the key to a successful experience with any insurance company is to not be a jerk on the phone, keep a level head and kill em with kindness. Then they have no reason to delay, delay, delay.

Last claim I did was for two complete Konrad outdrive assemblies from a Donzi, 27,000.00 minus deductibles.
Old 11-04-2009, 04:27 PM
Registered

Well... the news wasn't good once i had a chance to see her... total lost...<urgh>....

I agree with your comments about the relationship and approach with the carrier... I was with Progressive and I have to say that i was totally impressed. These guys were GREAT! Great communication, professional, and a truely good experience considering the circumstances...

I did learn some valuable lessons that I'd like to share... If you want to ensure that you get what you think your boat is worth, Agreed Value policies are the only way to go. In the case of a custom boat, I wish that i had a GPS receiver for tracking. It was several weeks before they finally stripped it.
Old 11-04-2009, 07:59 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

That really sux, I hate it for ya man. I hope you had a good payout to offset some of the heartbreak.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.