Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by boatme
what is FMO ?
Ft Myers Offshore.org
Old 04-20-2010, 09:13 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by jayboat
At the start of this thread I said that I would only post direct quotes from the man of the hour, but I'm gonna make an exception for you.

I say again, "How's it goin, Fund?"
(if your aren't him, you are speaking for him)

For a guy who, as of last week, only had a couple dozen posts over five years here you certainly seem rather energetic in your sudden rush to defend your 'friend'. That's cool, everyone needs a friend. Maybe instead of making personal attacks on me as your defense, you could help us all out and tell us a little about yourself and your relationship with him-- maybe a story or two about some boating the two of you have done, maybe post a picture or two. See, here's the thing... I've spoken with a number of people up your way in northern Ohio, Michigan and Chicago, and they all tell me that for years now sunkin has, indeed, shown up at numerous boating events. He comes to various poker runs- mingles and talks his talk at the lunch stops. But they all say the same thing: he drives to the events. I find it curious that a guy who has owned so many cool boats over the years has never been seen in one at any of the social events that celebrate these very machines.

Here's a question regarding your pithy comments about photo sales:

Do you think I'm stupid?

Why would I risk my reputation by doing this? On the surface, it looks like there is little to gain and plenty to lose. If you could know what I know, perhaps you would have a different view. I can only wonder where your seemingly blind devotion comes from.

Here's what motivates me, and by the way, I've never been a travel agent- have no idea where you got that one. I've pretty much done the same thing my whole life but with more emphasis on photography the last few years. You state: "I still have seen NOTHING to prove that any of this has cost anyone anything!" Hmmmm... maybe you haven't been paying attention. A lot of good people have worked countless hours as volunteers behind the scenes for a long time now to help ensure the success of that place. They did it because they believed in what they were doing, and because they all share a deep passion for this crazy sport. A few, such as my dear friend, Alec, who have the means, have made monetary contributions to help with startup expenses and to promote the site through various charity events. Alec has made a huge fiscal contribution. He has no ulterior motive here and expects nothing in return other than friendship. He loves the social aspect, the camaraderie of it. And that, Mr. Tension, is at the heart of my motivation. Like other little scammers before him, this pathological cretin has preyed on all of us- taken us in with his lies, and tried to steal something from all of us that has no price.

Right now, all we have are questions. Simple questions that should have easy answers. Will you continue to be part of the problem, or part of the solution?
I am going to continue to avoid this embarrassing nonsense on the internet, personally.

I told you before that I am not Tension. I am still not. I never knew anything about the guy until you suggested that it was me and since then he and I have traded one pm laughing about it. Let me be clear: I am not Tension. I do not know Tension. I am not in cahoots with Tension. Tension is not my spokesperson. I have never spoken with Tension. If you are so interested in him, reach out to him, not me.

So.... I ask you once again, leave me alone. I also suggest that you take some time off and think about what your true goals are and whether making a fool of yourself by repeatedly lobbing incorrect hunches at innocent people on the forum helps you reach those goals.

Now, I have told you honestly twice that you are wrong. Although I owed you no response.

I refuse to sling mud at any of these people. Like Hans says, stop trying to make it my fight.

If harrassing TWO distinct members and incorrectly calling them frauds without anything but a wild hunch to go on is not a bannable offense, it should be. Perhaps some attention should be payed to your attacks, assumptions and accusations of innocent members who are minding their own business.
Old 04-20-2010, 09:15 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Come on Chris.. you and only you can put this to sleep. Man up and answer the questions that the 4 people that were on your board of directors are asking..simple as that. These 4 people arent just your average website browsers or non boaters who like to hear themselves speak...they are the most respected people I know in this boating community that have asked the questions and havent recieved truthful answers... I have no dog in this fight what so ever ....Just realize that your actions or lack there of actions in this debate is tearing apart our community... Ive offered before and Ill offer again to mediate this in private. Ill get all parties involved together and lets hash this out and end it once and for all. Stop sidestepping this and lets get it done. My number is 518 361-6521. Call and lets start working towards a resolution. Ball is now in your court

Bob Scanlon
Old 04-20-2010, 09:29 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by rockstrmkr
FMO is Ft.Myers Offshore...
The board of Directors of Ft.Myers Offshore :
Bob Barnhart, Tom Cullen, Hans Haedelt, John Wilkenson, and Dan Davies, have absolutely NOTHING to do with this thread, SOS, or Mr.Sunkin.
Please leave us out of it. We have no dog in this fight and just happily do what we do....Go boating, have fun, and collect some money for a good cause.
If anyone has any questions about FMO, feel free to contact any of us.
Kind regards,
Hans Haedelt
Hans

Probably a good idea. Unless you like it for the entertainment value, you wouldn't want your fellow board members to get a fluffy BS email like this from Sunkin. You might fall over laughing like the SCOPE Board of Directors did.

1) Left his website for behavior issues? NOPE
2) His issues resolved themselves? NOPE
3) Documented facts presented? NOPE (except for the altered bank statement)
4) I’m part of a small group of founding members on SOS? NOPE

No boat club should associate with SOS. Where does the BS stop? LOL SCOPE will not. All it does is build credibility to Sunkin to people that don’t know the BS. The same is with all the banner ads on that site. Those are not “advertisers”…..those are fillers (many copied from this site) and also add credibility. None of those “advertisers” pay a dime. They will probably be asked to now that the site supporter has left the site after finding out about Sunkin’s ways. In my opinion, someone would be crazy to pay for advertising there…..or they got feed a ton of BS.

Nort

===========================
Sent: Friday, April 16, 2010 6:18 PM
To: [email protected]
Cc: [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; Norton Alderson

Subject: RE: Serious Offshore

Come on guys..this is an easy one to handle. LOL

Dear Chris,

Norton who???

Sincerely,
SCOPE

=======================================
On Fri, 4/16/10, [email protected] <[email protected]> wrote:

Subject:

To: [email protected]

Cc: [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], "[email protected]" <[email protected]>, [email protected]

Date: Friday, April 16, 2010, 5:49 PM

Dear Wayne,

I'm Chris Sunkin. I am the founder of SeriousOffshore.com. I'm writing to you this morning regarding one of your SCOPE board members, Norton Alderson. I wish to share with you an observation about this gentleman's public behavior as a representative of your organization.

As you may or may not have heard, I have been fairly well dragged through the mud on OffshoreOnly this week. The circumstances of which don't really merit rehashing here. If you want to see it, here's a link.

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/g...ld-you-do.html

I am pleased that after the fervor of the nsinuation/accusation and the childish way in which it was presented died down and as documented facts were presented, the issue resolved itself swiftly. At any rate, Mr. Alderson is one of a very small group of individuals who were founding members on our site that left over behavior issues. Mr. Alderson has for some months now has been participating in topics with oblique accusations regarding my character. In this latest campaign of his group, they've gone to a point that I feel compelled to act.

Mr. Alderson is a fairly well-known individual on the boating boards. His avatar (until a few days ago) was a photo of himself in his SCOPE uniform. He carries a link to your site in his signature. He publicly defines himself with close attachment to your club. So I assume his present behavior is of pertinance to you. By the way, his avatar is now a photo of me in an awkward pose with a "BS Meter" next to it. Nothing says class like a public vendetta carried out like an adolescent child. I do notice that he's removed mentions of my name from his posts since last evening.

At any rate, I was of the understanding that Serious had a friendly relationship with SCOPE. We have a section for you in our Clubs area. I've had pleasant exchanges with some of your members. Some even attended our party in Miami during show week. If I've misconstrued any association we have with your organization, please let me know so that I can remedy it immediately. I will say though I find it hard to believe that an association held in the regard as SCOPE is in our sport would knowingly act in this fashion.

I would appreciate knowing what your position is regarding Mr. Alderson's ongoing pattern of behavior. If his positions and actions are representative of SCOPE, I'm happy to accept that. But common sense tells me that the behavior of Mr. Alderson is 180 degrees off of the image and perception that SCOPE intends to project. Until I hear otherwise from you, I will continue with that assumption.

Congratulations on the success of the club. I'm sure you're anticipating the 2010 season as much out there as we are here. Please feel free to call on me at any time for any reason. We'd like nothing better than to help you get SCOPE's message out to the rest of the country. Nothing pleases us more than seeing boaters venture to foreign waters and make new friends.

Thanks for taking the time to consider my concerns,

Chris

Last edited by PhantomChaos; 04-20-2010 at 12:33 PM. Reason: Friggin iPad dumpe
Old 04-20-2010, 12:10 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 24 Likes on 5 Posts

Jay, Jay,Jay, ...WOW... My own personal reply!!! I'm honored! However, douchebag....your azzhole rant drug me into this bs. I've in no way, shape or twisting of my words defended anyone! But, you have stated you're taking up this cause for Alec. Is this a paying position? Or are their other compensations? By your own words Alec is a man of means, can't he speak for himself? By hearing directly from the involved party, instead of the "I've got inside knowledge schoolgirl secret club", maybe your Cuda like rants won't be so offensive to people. Me included! I did NOT jump into your current "see it my way or else" cesspool, and think that this thread should be locked, as was the other. Moderators....do your jobs....ban this troublemaker!
Old 04-20-2010, 01:03 PM
OSO OG
Gold Member

(the following posts clarify my thoughts better)

Last edited by DollaBill; 04-20-2010 at 03:16 PM. Reason: to clarify
Old 04-20-2010, 02:23 PM
Registered

Received 735 Likes on 330 Posts

Originally Posted by DollaBill
I'm not taking any sides at this point as I feel there is both a lack of proof on the side of the accusers and lack of proof on the side of the accused. Whatever you're doing, Jay and company -- you're doing it wrong. Nothing is being accomplished here except to cause even further divide among the group and the sport.
Got to agree this is being done wrong. Jay and Chris seem to want their 5, 10 or 15 minutes of fame playing trial and defense lawyer. You guys need to quit jerking around and get this to closure.
Old 04-20-2010, 02:27 PM
Registered

Received 341 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by DollaBill
Nothing is being accomplished here except to cause even further divide among the group and the sport.
I don't really see an equal divide in the group. All I see is Chris Sunkin on one side and seemingly everone else who helped buid SOS at the guy's throat. What is the head count of former SOS board members who are now on the outside because they asked tough questions of Chris? Simple questions like how come no other members have seen any of the many boats that you claim to own and operate?

We outsiders are left to ponder the odds that numerous underhanded and unscroupulous characters (with upstanding reputations not befitting their true character) could mange to simultaneously populate the board room of SOS and then conspire in unison to ruin Chris Sunkin reputation, or face the possibility that Chris Sunkin himself might be the problem.

I dont' think it takes a rocket scientist to answer that question and I am surprised that other people still seem to be pondering it. But hey, I acknowledge that we all see things differently.

BTW, how many thousands and thousands of page views between this thread and the other one and still not one person who can speak to actually seeing Chris with any of his many iconic offshore boats?
Old 04-20-2010, 02:39 PM
OSO OG
Gold Member

Last edited by DollaBill; 04-20-2010 at 03:20 PM. Reason: ...
Old 04-20-2010, 02:41 PM
Registered

Received 341 Likes on 119 Posts

Last edited by Marginmn; 04-20-2010 at 03:27 PM. Reason: cause I quoted dollar and he deleted his post

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.