Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Beware and Stolen
BEWARE!! PERFORMANCE TRAILER, LAKE GEORGE NY (Long Rant) >

BEWARE!! PERFORMANCE TRAILER, LAKE GEORGE NY (Long Rant)

Notices

BEWARE!! PERFORMANCE TRAILER, LAKE GEORGE NY (Long Rant)

Old 04-29-2002, 09:09 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

Hey Guys...

Thanks for your support. Its nice to know there a still some really good people out there. Enticer, you are probably right, its not about the money with me, he could have thown me a freakin bone and I would have been happy, but I guess its about the money with him. Oh well... its his loss. Go4Broke, its actually grounded through the harness... I made Bill do it that way when he rewired the trailer.
GlassDave... How the heck are ya? Let me know when you are out this way! What boat are you bringing? That cool custom? Nothing like that out here. I hope all is going well. Of course I am up for more Donzi paraphanelia.. just let me know.

Thanks again guys!!

Woodsy
Old 05-01-2002, 03:04 AM
Registered

Default Performance Trailer

I've replaced all four calipers on my '99 trailer
twice. Replaced two flexible
sections of brake line. Was
pushed through a red light
both times. Performance will
only sell the whole brake line system, not individual
sections. Eagle next time.
Old 05-09-2002, 06:13 PM
BMT

Lightbulb

One thing that is true in life is that you WILL be treated the way you treat other people, no matter what type of person that other is. It is obvious from your statements here that not only are you frustrated, but you are arrogant, and impatient. It is not a surprise that you would get the same reaction from another person. The bottom line is you purchased a Quality trailer that does have a warranty for the TRAILER. When you read that warranty it states very clearly that the parts manufactured by other companies are not covered. The owner was right to tell you that he would help you out with the trailer if it was in Reality the trailer that was defective, but it was NOT. Furthermore, you state yourself that you did not allow the people at Performance to take the time to figure out the problem with the lights, you chose to leave and take matters into your own hands, and then return a month later with a bill in hand. You expected Performance to figure out a problem in what 20 minutes to an hour, what it took you, (an engineer?) and your mechanic 4 hours to figure out. Sorry Buddy, but what it looks like to me is that you are one of those customers who most business owners cringe at when you walk through the door. Good luck with Eagle, and I'm sure we'll all hear some more ranting soon because of this reply.

Old 05-09-2002, 06:22 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Lets see now............The frame cracks,you have to go to AK steel for repair? Safty chains break,Joes Hardware.....Wooden bunk splits you go to,Weyerhauser ??? Cmon!!!!!! Stand behind youre product!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-10-2002, 09:53 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i have been in the boat business for 13 years and have purchased at least 60 trailers from PERFORMANCE TRAILERS.bill has always been a pleasure to work with and builds a quality product.the few times that we have had any kind of problem with one of his trailers he has always bent over backwards to make it right,even if it means driving 3 hours each way to bring parts or make a repair.we have sold trailers from all the other big companies and i dont think that most of them are as good as the performance.
chris martin
Old 05-10-2002, 10:10 AM
Registered

the point being missed here is the fact jollyroger was driving a long way to pick up the trailer( he didn't just walk in off the street), the trailer which should have been prep'd and ready to roll, the fact that it didn't work on the dealer's truck either proves something wrong on the trailer, it should have been tested prior to pick-up
remember the 6 p's
proper planning prevents piss poor performance
and I believe the lights, wiring,brakes, safety chains and tires are all part of the trailer and must be handled by the trailer mfg. for atleast a limited time 90 days or so barring cust neglect.

Mattyboy
Old 05-10-2002, 10:31 AM
GRH

I am SURPRISED! I have purchased many trailers from "Bill" at Performance over the last ten years and have been very, very happy with his product & his service.... he has offered loaners, delivered to my home, gone above & beyound what anyone might expect from a manufacturer.... Id like to hear "Bills" side to this storey..... This guy builds the best custom trailers I've seen in twenty-five years of boating.... Never saw a boat fit a trailer better & track truer down the highway.... I wouldn't buy from anyone else....

Old 05-10-2002, 10:59 AM
Registered

Like I said, I have seen many of his trailers and they are DEFINITELY QUALITY products. Many of my friends have them. It looks like Bill did reply in this thread. I do beleieve that even though his contract reads he is responsible for the trailer not the parts he buys from outside vendors that he is morally obligated to be certain that the trailer is in proper working order when it is delivered. Whether that is he actually delivers it to the customer or the customer picks it up. Seems to me having only read what is here, that Bill should have made sure the trialer worked perfectly before letting it leave and he should be respeonsible for teh products he puts on his trailer as he sells them to the customer.
Old 05-10-2002, 11:08 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Birdog---you are 100% correct my man...

GRH, I think you did get Bill's side of the story---just read what BRT has to say...H coincidentally hs only one post...

Bottom line is the customer is always right and that trailer should have been ready to roll when th customer got there...the arrogance is on the part of Performance Trailer for insisting that there was something wrong with the customer's lighting on his truck---even after plugging the lights into their own truck...

I can picture it now...the guy from PT scratching his head after plugging the lights into his own truck and wondering how he's gonna get out of this one.

PT should just suck it up and admit their mistake here...it's gonna cost them more that the price of those stinkin lights in the end.
Old 05-10-2002, 11:21 AM
GRH

I just got off the phone with "Bill".... BMT is NOT "Bill".... He definitley has a different storey to tell.... Never recived a bill from the customer.... Was first told it was $460... now its $250? But whats worse is the languauge the customer used when speaking with Bill's receptionist on the phone....Profanity at its best....The customer also fails to mention that he waited 8 months to call Bill Back! The problem turns out to be Wasbars.... Wesbar had shipped defective sealed lights that would have to be destroyed to take apart to see if they were wired correctly.... thats why the customer had to buy new lights.... This guy was in a big hurry to get his new toy & didn't take Bill up on his offer to leave the trailer so Bill could investigate further... I stand behind PERFORMANCE TRAILERS & Bill.... this guy is a moaner & is using this Board to Bash an honest businessman....

Last edited by GRH; 05-10-2002 at 11:42 AM.

Quick Reply: BEWARE!! PERFORMANCE TRAILER, LAKE GEORGE NY (Long Rant)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.