Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Beware and Stolen
Did I just Get Scammed by Legend Marine? >

Did I just Get Scammed by Legend Marine?

Notices

Did I just Get Scammed by Legend Marine?

Old 05-09-2010, 07:57 PM
Brotherhood #1
Gold Member

Received 111 Likes on 84 Posts

I had my boat painted last year i took it off the trailer and blocked it and set it on stands in 1/2 hour. Putting it back on the trailer took 45 minutes but if some one wanted too pay me 2000 for that ill drive to you.
-Mike
Old 05-09-2010, 08:15 PM
Registered

Received 887 Likes on 481 Posts

Dewayne

If it makes you feel better a local Mercury shop charged my buddy $400 to put my 32 Sunsation on stands/then back on the trailer in their yard! He needed my trailer and my boat was in for service. Smilin Jacks is a very small shop with rack storage for about a dozen boats. I thought $400 was outrageous but to my buddy it was priceless since he got to use my trailer for a week.

$1000 to travel two hours, set up and re-set a 47 using all their own equipment doesn't sound terrible.
Old 05-09-2010, 08:18 PM
Registered

Received 887 Likes on 481 Posts

Originally Posted by FountainDealer.com
dewayne6243: I am very sorry you feel this way I wish you would call us and talk before posting on here. If you need the number the direct line is 214-904-0052 My cell is 469-546-1204 Greg's is 972-272-4567..

In are defense,
2 Guys 1 Hour to load 8 jacks on the shop trailer, Strap them down hook trailer up to the shop truck etc.
2 Guys were away from the shop for 5 hours to lift the boat.
2 guys 1/2 Hour to unload all the jacks etc.
That's 6.5 Hours per guy we charged 4 Hours Per guy.

Let not forget shop supply's:
Shop Truck, Flatbed Trailer, 8 Yard arms, Gas etc, and the biggest thing of all is INSURANCE lifting a 47 Fountain off a trailer and placing it on blocks is risky if we would have dropped, scratched, nicked, or dinged your boat we would have been responsible let alone if one of are guys would have been hurt we have to have insurance for that and its not cheap.

Now like any business we are here to make a small profit not to scam any one or do any one wrong we did this job as a favor to John Brunner who was nice enough to drive are shop guys to Mansfield and back at no charge also.

I am sorry you feel like you were scammed but please call next time and we can talk about it before posting things on OSO.

Hey Legend glad to see you are on here answering questions about your services. What is the deal with the guy and the new Fountain delivered to Havasu with dead batteries etc.?
Old 05-10-2010, 07:23 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
Dewayne

If it makes you feel better a local Mercury shop charged my buddy $400 to put my 32 Sunsation on stands/then back on the trailer in their yard! He needed my trailer and my boat was in for service. Smilin Jacks is a very small shop with rack storage for about a dozen boats. I thought $400 was outrageous but to my buddy it was priceless since he got to use my trailer for a week.

$1000 to travel two hours, set up and re-set a 47 using all their own equipment doesn't sound terrible.
Funny thing is Legend Marine is 45 miles from the shop and it takes them 1 1/2 hours to get there but I am 30 miles and it takes me 45 min to get there pulling a 47' Fountain but if I was making $250 an hour drive time I would milk it for whats it worth.
Old 05-10-2010, 10:35 AM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

If I am reading that right no way it takes 5 hours to lift and put down a 47ft boat on and off a trailer with those yard arms.
Old 05-25-2010, 09:14 PM
Registered

Big Thumbs up for Eagle Marine for letting us use there Yardarm jacks and getting the 47' back on the trailer. They will be getting all my work. Now I just need to get my buddy with the 06 yellow 47' a new mechanic for good.
Old 05-26-2010, 02:07 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
Hey Legend glad to see you are on here answering questions about your services. What is the deal with the guy and the new Fountain delivered to Havasu with dead batteries etc.?
I doubt very much you will hear from them. They would have to spend money to make this mess right and thats not going to happen. I really don't get why they are concerned about some guy that wanted a boat lifted, but don't give a crap about someone that bought a new boat from them. I guess they know I am not from Texas and probably won't be back...... so stick him for all you can now and wash your hands of him.
Old 05-26-2010, 08:20 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by xcpilot
I doubt very much you will hear from them. They would have to spend money to make this mess right and thats not going to happen. I really don't get why they are concerned about some guy that wanted a boat lifted, but don't give a crap about someone that bought a new boat from them. I guess they know I am not from Texas and probably won't be back...... so stick him for all you can now and wash your hands of him.
Don't feel bad. They don't give a crap about me also. And if you read in Casey's follow-up he said that John Brunner was nice enough to drive his workers out to lift my boat. That was because "His 2 workers have no driver's license". Guess Casey didn't want to tell people that.
Old 05-28-2010, 02:51 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dewayne6243
Don't feel bad. They don't give a crap about me also. And if you read in Casey's follow-up he said that John Brunner was nice enough to drive his workers out to lift my boat. That was because "His 2 workers have no driver's license". Guess Casey didn't want to tell people that.
Got it, thanks. Just be sure to keep your hands covering your ass if you deal with Legend. And don't believe anything they tell you it is 50% untrue and the other half is a lie. You may have noticed I am not getting any posts from Casey telling me they are going to make things right.