Sunkin Ejection Stories >

Sunkin Ejection Stories

Notices

Sunkin Ejection Stories

Old 06-09-2010, 07:05 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by PhantomChaos
LOL......doesn't Stecz have to send an email to Sunkin to ask permission first, then Sunkin has to log in and make the changes, then let Stecz know that any changes have been made?

MORE BS. Doesn't look good for Stecz either.
Nort, I am just trying to help.
Old 06-09-2010, 07:15 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 144 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by MacGyver
Nort, I am just trying to help.
Would you care to tell us why?

Are you particularly good friends with Dave?

Maybe you are confusing the interest in these threads with an interest in that site. I can assure you the only interest we have in that place is watching it go away.

NAPLES IMAGE Photo Galleries

NAPLES IMAGE PHOTOBLOG
Old 06-09-2010, 07:18 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by jayboat
Would you care to tell us why?

Are you particularly good friends with Dave?

Maybe you are confusing the interest in these threads with an interest in that site. I can assure you the only interest we have in that place is watching it go away.
At first it was to see Chris go away, now you want the entire site to go away? Why do you wish to punish the good people that are still there?

And, no I've never meet Dave or Chris for that matter.
Old 06-09-2010, 07:22 PM
Registered

How did hatred for one particular person turn into hatred against an entire community?
Old 06-09-2010, 07:24 PM
Easily Distracted
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Dave doesnt like me. He says Im a troublemaker and disrespectful Go figure
Old 06-09-2010, 07:29 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 144 Likes on 84 Posts

At first it was to see Chris go away, now you want the entire site to go away? Why do you wish to punish the good people that are still there?

And, no I've never meet Dave or Chris for that matter.
How many times does it need to be said?

There is absolutely NO ANIMOSITY towards anyone over there except for the guy who lied to, and stole from, all of us.

I admit that I don't get why you want to continue over there. If Dave does take it over I wish him, and you, good luck... but, is there something over there that you can't find here? Is it a diehard mentality to keep pressing forward in the face of adversity?

NAPLES IMAGE Photo Galleries

NAPLES IMAGE PHOTOBLOG

Last edited by jayboat; 06-09-2010 at 07:33 PM.
Old 06-09-2010, 07:34 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Macgyver, There's no hatred for the community. The community is what we all love and cherish. If you had any idea how many countless hours and $'s we've all spent in support of the community, it would make your head spin.

And seriously, how can someone not laugh at this last ditch effort?

After what we've all seen, for anyone to actually believe a single word of this latest ploy, would be foolish at best. There will be no such transfer, don't kid yourselves. Does anyone in their right mind actually suppose that he's simply going to just turn over the keys and slither off into the sunset? Really? REALLY???

This is my favorite part:

To that end, I am transferring ownership and control to Dave Stecz. Dave has agreed to continue to guide the site based on its original plan- by boaters, for boaters. And just as before, the site will be about the sport, not corporate or commercial interests. The existing moderation team will continue to do the things that they do.
"...by boaters...?" Really? Which ones?

"...not for corporate or commercial interests...?" Really? Well, as it turns out the site and the rackspace account are held by none other than...you guessed it...a corporation. A relationship that was completely unbeknown to the entire team of volunteers until we recently uncovered the truth.

Not to mention, there's that fact that we were made aware by dozens of people who were contacted and begged for money in the weeks immediately following our departure, despite not having any commercial interest.

If nothing else those fine folks got some good belly laughs out of it.

If one were truly serious about the love of the sport they would insist that this little charade come to an end. If one were really serious about the love of the sport, they would set aside this separatist notion and instead try to re-unite our community into one.

Then there's Stecz...I like the guy. Really, I do. But now I have to wonder. In fact, we all wondered for damn near two years what it is that he actually did. And we still wonder.

Last edited by CigDaze; 06-09-2010 at 07:48 PM.
Old 06-09-2010, 07:42 PM
Registered

How did hatred for one particular person turn into hatred against an entire community?

As I said before I don't hate the site or anyone there for that matter but after what has been brought to the surface in these threads I feel sssoooooo used and abused and will never believe CS will not be envolved its just another BS line to try to save what was and will never be again.
When you really think about it, it is just another part of the whole marine bis altogeather, I have been bent over again and I just can't take much if any more. What I hate is the fact I let it happen again............................................. .............
Old 06-09-2010, 07:55 PM
Registered

Hey guys, Alec, Craig, Ted. Jay , Tim, Shawn....
Do any of you remember the thread in the Board room where we all told or stories and how we got where we were?
I was trying to remember if CS even added to that at all.
I don't remember anything from him but I do remember most everyone else, just think'n out loud here.
Old 06-09-2010, 07:58 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 344 Likes on 115 Posts

Originally Posted by CigDaze
Macgyver, There's no hatred for the community. The community is what we all love and cherish. If you had any idea how many countless hours and $'s we've all spent in support of the community, it would make your head spin.

And seriously, how can someone not laugh at this last ditch effort?

After what we've all seen, for anyone to actually believe a single word of this latest ploy, would be foolish at best. There will be no such transfer, don't kid yourselves. Does anyone in their right mind actually suppose that he's simply going to just turn over the keys and slither off into the sunset? Really? REALLY???

This is my favorite part:

"...by boaters...?" Really? Which ones?

"...not for corporate or commercial interests...?" Really? Well, as it turns out the site and the rackspace account are held by none other than...you guessed it...a corporation. A relationship that was completely unbeknown to the entire team of volunteers until we recently uncovered the truth.

Not to mention, there's that fact that we were made aware by dozens of people who were contacted and begged for money in the weeks immediately following our departure, despite not having any commercial interest.

If nothing else those fine folks got some good belly laughs out of it.

If one were truly serious about the love of the sport they would insist that this little charade come to an end. If one were really serious about the love of the sport, they would set aside this separatist notion and instead try to re-unite our community into one.

Then there's Stecz...I like the guy. Really, I do. But now I have to wonder. In fact, we all wondered for damn near two years what it is that he actually did. And we still wonder.

Hey Steczy. Give me a call when he's gone!!!

Craig

PS- I can't log in either.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.