Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by PowerplayDave
good read till the last paragraph nice attitude get over yourself
Old 06-12-2010, 12:53 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

QUOTE=Ange;3133188]
Now, when a member is asked to delete a thread, it is done for a reason. When that member chooses to not do as they are asked, then it is the moderators job to handle it as they see fit. They don't make random requests with no reason. Frankly, I find it offensive that anyone would think that OSO would not help in any way they can. Perhaps if that is what you think of the owners and moderators of OSO then maybe this isn't the place for you.[/QUOTE]

you can or come down off your high horse for a moment and apologize

Last edited by Ms PatriYacht; 06-12-2010 at 12:57 PM.
Old 06-12-2010, 09:58 PM
Sun, sand and sea!
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I will make one more post on this and I am done. The real subject at hand is that people have been taken advantage of and lost their hard earned money. It is a horrible thing to have happen and I have the utmost sympathy for them. I feel nothing but contempt for people that do their best to make a living off of taking money from honest, trusting people.

"Disclaimers and Limitation of Liability

You understand and agree that the Site is provided "As-Is" and that we assume no responsibility for your ability to (or any costs or fees associated with your ability to) obtain access to the Site. Nor do we assume any liability for the failure to store or maintain any user communications or personal settings.

NO ADVICE OR INFORMATION, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, OBTAINED BY YOU FROM THE SITE OR THROUGH OR FROM ITS SERVICES SHALL CREATE ANY WARRANTY NOT EXPRESSLY STATED IN THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS.

IN NO EVENT SHALL THE SITE OR ITS OWNER BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY FOR ANY INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, EXEMPLARY, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, INCLUDING LOST PROFIT DAMAGES ARISING FROM YOUR USE OF THE SITE OR ITS SERVICES EVEN IF WE HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.

Some jurisdictions do not allow the disclaimer, exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the foregoing disclaimer, exclusion and limitation may not apply to you, and you may have other legal rights that vary according to jurisdiction. In no event will damages provided by law (if any) apply unless they are required to apply by statute, notwithstanding their exclusion by contract."

"Privacy Statement

We are committed to safeguarding your privacy online. This privacy policy applies to your information that we collect and receive; it does not apply to practices of businesses that we do not own or control or people we do not employ. At no time will we sell your information or release your personally-identifiable data without your permission. You can visit this Site without revealing who you are or providing any personal information about yourself."

"Use of Forums

If you choose to transmit, submit or post information through the Site's chat rooms, bulletin boards or other forums (the "Forums"), we will collect that information you provide. We retain this information as necessary to resolve disputes, provide customer support and troubleshoot problems as permitted by law and pursuant to our Terms of Use."

The above information is taken directly from the OSO Terms of Service.

I would hope it is faily self-explanatory. I do believe it covers all of the points in question. To clarify even further, the information that Chrisache had on the seller WAS compared to the information available to OSO and was found to be the same. What further information could OSO have possibly provided?

Donna, let's look at your IP information that I was able to find.
"The IP Address is: 76.112.253.246. The host name is: c-76-112-253-246.hsd1.mi.comcast.net."
The Google map of your IP address location is HERE.
I would say that that is the information that the average Joe might be able to find. Of course I could go deeper I'm sure, I did find a member's deadbeat ex-hubby on a TX wanted list in less than five minutes once. But as you can see, a quick look doesn't get you a whole lot.

Once again I will say that I don't think OSO has EVER been unwilling to help someone as much as possible in this sort of situation. Not only OSO itself, in its present and former ownership, but OSO members as well. However, they are not responsible for the transaction. I dare say they don't want that responsibility. The liability involved would be enormous.

As for my "last paragraph", I am going to take a higher road than some others. First, I stated facts regarding the actions a member and moderators. Second, I stated opinion. Both of which I have every right to do. Whether or not you agree is solely up to you. But there will not be an apology for having an opinion. They are, after all, like other things, we all have one.

RG, thank you for your support. I will stand up for my friends until the end. And I will do the same for OSO.

To the gentlemen looking for the low-life, scum sucking piece of crap that took your money, I hope you find him and he is strung out to dry. Best of luck!

PS: Any reference to a situation regarding any other boating forum had no place on this thread, it was totally irrelevant. Just another opinion.

Last edited by Ange; 06-12-2010 at 10:16 PM.
Old 06-13-2010, 07:17 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

so did anyone get any updates on whats happening to us that got scammed.
Old 06-13-2010, 10:43 AM
Registered

let this fool continue to use OSO and set the phucker up for the ride of his life....
45 gallon drum
100Lbs of steel
and a sq yrd of concrete works for me
hope there is a good outcome to this
and on a personal note i may have to rethink some of my purchases on OSO like many others that are honest 1st
i too am trusting
Old 06-14-2010, 11:00 PM
Registered

WOW, i never thought this would strike so many nerves!!!!! I was just asking for some help, and got a bunch of it!!!!!!!!!! By no means did I want to piss anyone off, thanks for your help, and I AM SORRY IF OSO, OR ANYONE ELSE HAS BEEN OFFENDED BY EITHER ANY OF MY OR ANYONE ELSE'S COMMENTS
Old 06-15-2010, 09:06 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

ive been calling the bank and havent got a reponse does anyone know whats going on.
Old 06-15-2010, 09:24 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by BronxPhantom106
ive been calling the bank and havent got a reponse does anyone know whats going on.
seems to be at a standstill
Old 06-15-2010, 10:41 PM
Registered

I agree. Paypal or credit card is the only way to go. And gives you more power over the transaction.
Old 06-21-2010, 06:17 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

so any updates yet

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.