Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   Beware and Stolen (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/beware-stolen-183/)
-   -   Mary Mary...why ya buggin ?? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/beware-stolen/237782-mary-mary-why-ya-buggin.html)

tinman565 05-12-2011 09:41 PM

I think Mary ended up trading her Outerlimits for a sweet Volkswagon and $3000 cash. The story is that the guy wanted to roll with his "homie" who has a 29' Fountain on Lake Lanier. :lolhit:

ItsPeanut 05-15-2011 01:05 PM

Originally Posted by tinman565 (Post 3401962)
I think Mary ended up trading her Outerlimits for a sweet Volkswagon and $3000 cash. The story is that the guy wanted to roll with his "homie" who has a 29' Fountain on Lake Lanier. :lolhit:

Nice

dkwestern 06-16-2011 11:42 AM

Decided to chime in on the story.

I hope this situation gets resolved. I'm the one who accidentally let the Kings know that the boat had been torn apart and sent to the repo yard. I was doing some research for friend after seeing the boat repo'd and came across a listing for a boat lift for an outerlimits. I put 2 and 2 together and called looking for Mary. Kevin answered the phone and I began asking questions about the boat to see where the engines and drives and everything were. He was shocked and didn't know what I was talking about. While we were on the phone he went to the repo website and saw his boat disassembled, needless to say he was very shocked. We continued to talk for a bit and he told me the boats history (and severe cabin water issues) and the deal he had with the Illinois crook. That's where this whole thing started. I hope the Kings come out as good as is possible at this point.

1MOSES1 06-16-2011 12:29 PM

the kings sound like sweet, understanding, and charitable people but sometimes you have to protect yourself.

why on earth wouldnt you use an escrow account in this situation. if domenic didnt have the 250k via cash, check, loan why even entertain the thought of doing business with him.

what should have happened is this (if you wanted to run a deal like this):

domenic/king's setup an escrow account with 250k in it. verify 250k is in the account. next, establish a deadline for inspection and survey. once the deadline is established these are the ground rules.

1. if the boat passes inspection and domenic is satisfied (willing to buy); then the money is released to the kings and everyone is happy

2. if the inspection is not successful and domenic wants to return the boat; then the boat is returned to the kings and the money is recovered by domenic everyone is happy.

3. In the event that domenic does not return the boat (like what actually happened in this situation) then the 250k stays in the escrow until the property is returned. If continued negligence is shown by domenic, then the kings have every right to contact the authorities.

in the last situation, the kings are somewhat protected as the escrow company cannot release the money back to domenic without the king's consent (so domenic is still out the 250k). also the deal is very traceable. there is very little finger pointing.

just my 0.02

4bus 06-16-2011 02:37 PM

Originally Posted by 2fast9tech2 (Post 3430810)
the kings sound like sweet, understanding, and charitable people but sometimes you have to protect yourself.

why on earth wouldnt you use an escrow account in this situation. if domenic didnt have the 250k via cash, check, loan why even entertain the thought of doing business with him.

what should have happened is this (if you wanted to run a deal like this):

domenic/king's setup an escrow account with 250k in it. verify 250k is in the account. next, establish a deadline for inspection and survey. once the deadline is established these are the ground rules.

1. if the boat passes inspection and domenic is satisfied (willing to buy); then the money is released to the kings and everyone is happy

2. if the inspection is not successful and domenic wants to return the boat; then the boat is returned to the kings and the money is recovered by domenic everyone is happy.

3. In the event that domenic does not return the boat (like what actually happened in this situation) then the 250k stays in the escrow until the property is returned. If continued negligence is shown by domenic, then the kings have every right to contact the authorities.

in the last situation, the kings are somewhat protected as the escrow company cannot release the money back to domenic without the king's consent (so domenic is still out the 250k). also the deal is very traceable. there is very little finger pointing.

just my 0.02

Sounds like a great idea, unfortunately people make stupid decisions when in financially deperate situations. The great thing about this site is we get to learn that these rash, implusive desicions put them further in trouble.

Crazy to think people get car loans with 30% interest, Credit Cards with 30% plus fees, or rent to own Tv's for 4 times the price they would pay at Best Buy.....but it is big business, and much more profitable than selling to credit worthy people. There are people on boattrader offering mid level boats on payment with no credit....buy a 15 year old Baja for only $1500 a month :eek:

Stress and emotions are so powerful that courts have reversed decisions people have made based on emotion alone, some consider it temporary insanity.

So you are upside down on your boat, and everything else....if you look hard enough you will find someone that will seem to solve all your problems with a purchase of your boat higher than market value if you just follow their plan. Crazy to think theat these people had the wits to make enough money to have these toys, only to lose all sensability when things go wrong.

The Kings do sound like nice people, but that doesn't make them smart people. Be nice to people that you hold close to your heart and trust.....not some guy 1000 miles away with a "story" about why he can't finance today.

eddie 09-30-2011 01:22 PM

Does anyone have pictures or know what year the boat was?

dkwestern 09-30-2011 05:11 PM

Eddie, boat is for sale at shogren. '05 700sci with bravo style drives.

POWERPLAY J 09-30-2011 05:35 PM

Originally Posted by eddie (Post 3516740)
Does anyone have pictures or know what year the boat was?

Boat has issues with water in hull. Seems that none can figure out where its coming from. Saw it in person and have two reliable people that stated the same...

Ran-Dom 32 09-30-2011 07:02 PM

I seen the boat at Mitcher T's shop last friday, it an 05, & it is rough shape to say the least, needs a full paint job, looks the same as it did when it was at Harrison Marine... actually even more beat up, what a shame its was a nice machine just needs some serious TLC

TeamShogren.com 09-30-2011 10:55 PM

Maybe you can help

The boat is here on consignment and all rigging was done by CK Motorsports in MI.

Can you tell us where the water is because the boat has been in and out of here for service the later part of the summer and we have not seen any water. Is it possible the water is from when it was outside after being repo'd and did not have a cover on it?

The paint does need some love but mechanically the boat is solid. This was not a TAOD painted OL. The Merc 700SC's have 64 hours on them and the new IMCO uppers, less than 10.

The boat runs very good and appears to be sold. The new potential owner had boat surveyed this week and there was no water found and moisture readings were not abnormal.

Here's a link to boat - http://www.teamshogren.com/pre-owned...ts-quatro.html

Thank you for your input

Team Shogren

www.teamshogren.com

Originally Posted by POWERPLAY J (Post 3516914)
Boat has issues with water in hull. Seems that none can figure out where its coming from. Saw it in person and have two reliable people that stated the same...