BEWARE:  Boat Doctor LLC, in Madison, WI >

BEWARE: Boat Doctor LLC, in Madison, WI

Notices

BEWARE: Boat Doctor LLC, in Madison, WI

Old 09-05-2010, 01:53 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by US1 Fountain
Has the bearing been replaced recently? The new ones are sealed and non greaseable, but that doesn't explain the no grease attempt. In all honesty, if he said he needed the drive to align the motor, you are better off getting it out of there.
I replaced the gimbal bearing. It is new, but it was a normal style. It doesn't matter anymore, I give up on this project, I can't just tow it all over the place, I cannot ****ing find any kind of alternator bracket that would work, and I cannot find a heater hose that would go from the stern drive to the thermostat housing. It's going into storage til I either find the impossible super rare 1.25" ID heater hose (unbent), or an alternator bracket (but nobody has those either).
Old 09-05-2010, 02:53 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

The 1.25" hose is water inlet hose and readily available in bulk. I would try Marysville Marine in Sun Prairie - they will probably help you with the bracket as well. A pic of a broken one or a part number would help as well.
Old 09-05-2010, 04:54 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

THe original bracket bolted to the exhaust manifolds. Since I'm using headers, I cannot use the original manifold.
Old 09-05-2010, 09:30 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

1 1/4" intake hose is standard, most Mercruisers use it. You are looking for heater hose that's your problem. You don't want heater hose. Look for the wire reinforced hose, any marine store should stock 1 1/4".
The following users liked this post:
SB (10-07-2020)
Old 09-06-2010, 12:22 PM
OSO OG
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ok, Ok I'm wrong. I didnt bash the guy. Carry on..
Old 09-06-2010, 12:54 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by PhantomChaos
That place looks like a $hithole. You should have Googled them before!
awesome....

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&um...ed=0CBgQngIwAQ
Old 09-06-2010, 01:47 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tomtbone1993

http://boatdoctor.biz

Check out inventory of used boats for sale too!

Here is Tim Brown....."The Doc".

Attached Thumbnails BEWARE:  Boat Doctor LLC, in Madison, WI-docs-place.jpg  
Old 09-06-2010, 03:29 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by cash68
I replaced the gimbal bearing. It is new, but it was a normal style. It doesn't matter anymore, I give up on this project, I can't just tow it all over the place, I cannot ****ing find any kind of alternator bracket that would work, and I cannot find a heater hose that would go from the stern drive to the thermostat housing. It's going into storage til I either find the impossible super rare 1.25" ID heater hose (unbent), or an alternator bracket (but nobody has those either).
Riggs Marine in Eldorado Wisconsin (920) 872-2728. He will be able to help you out.
Old 09-07-2010, 01:06 PM
Registered

Wow...For a minute there I thought you were talking about Sizzle Marine in Ohio...just saying. But really...not too sure what shape your boat is in and how well you do research...but there's no way I'd give my boat over to an operation that looks like that. Heck, even after visiting their web site I'd scratch them off my list...unless my lawn mower needed some work. "First Impressions"...that's what I'm basing my comments on...no place like that would get near my boat. Madison is a good size town, I'm sure there's more reputable boat dealers in that area...Shipyard Marine is in Oshkosh.
Old 09-07-2010, 03:50 PM
Registered

Anyone notice the trailer park across the street?

Liberal whining is the tendency of liberals to immaturely protest when things don't go their way. This has been known to worsen and progress towards more destructive infractions such as liberal vandalism. Examples of liberal whining include the following:

1.Al Gore senselessly demanded pointless recounts repeatedly after his defeat by George Walker Bush in the 2000 Presidential Election[1]
2.Supporters of Barack Obama insisted that all or the majority of their opposition were racist even without any evidence in their favor. Anyone who did not support Barack Obama was automatically considered to be a White supremacist by liberals.[2]
3.The Fairness Doctrine is supported by liberal whiners who feel threatened by conservative talk radio.
4.Liberals complain bitterly about Republican use of the filibuster--an entirely legal and valid tool--to stop them from ramming home an agenda unsupported by the American people. Some have threatened to eliminate the filibuster in an attempt to completely deny Republicans any voice in Congress
Attached Thumbnails BEWARE:  Boat Doctor LLC, in Madison, WI-100_0329.jpg  

Last edited by Back4More; 09-07-2010 at 03:52 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.