Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Beware and Stolen
Joey Griffin Engines >

Joey Griffin Engines

Notices

Joey Griffin Engines

Old 02-20-2011, 09:31 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Harvey, i am not joey griffin or anyone of that caliber.....but i can tell you this if one rod is bad and you cant get a exact replacement and balance all of them..... then yes you must bite the bullet and buy a set of new rods for that motor---me i would have 2 identical motors built the same so it would end up being 2 sets of rods 16total new rods if need be!!! Its amazing people would even think to run a mis-matched set of rods!!!
Old 02-20-2011, 10:23 PM
Crazy Energy
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good post
Old 02-21-2011, 11:58 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Kilrbusa, I agree with you, I would want matched rods also, and balanced. There are always two sides to every story. Some people get on the cheap when a problem pops up during a rebuild. Some people stand tall and say fix it right, order what ever it needs. I'm not saying anyone on here is not telling the truth. Some may make a statement but don't take the time to explain all the facts. I would be upset as well. I had a blower motor built three times in one season, 12 hrs first run, three hrs the second time, leaned out both times. Sure I was upset. The third time it lasted, had around two hundred hrs on it when I sold the boat. Joey has built some record setting engines. He has the cat killer engines in the shop waiting to be rebuilt now. I hope everyone thats having engines built over the winter have a great boating season. If you can make it be sure to sign up for the Jammin on the James and the Norfolk Cancer Society poker run. I will miss the Jammin on the James this year, I have to Dee Jay that week end. I get back from a two week cruise on the Friday night of the Norfolk Poker run on that Saturday. I may have to bum a ride for that one. But everyone come on to the run, I would like to meet all of you.
Old 02-21-2011, 08:42 PM
Registered

Default Lamberti

Originally Posted by Harvey
Kilrbusa, I agree with you, I would want matched rods also, and balanced. There are always two sides to every story. Some people get on the cheap when a problem pops up during a rebuild. Some people stand tall and say fix it right, order what ever it needs. I'm not saying anyone on here is not telling the truth. Some may make a statement but don't take the time to explain all the facts. I would be upset as well. I had a blower motor built three times in one season, 12 hrs first run, three hrs the second time, leaned out both times. Sure I was upset. The third time it lasted, had around two hundred hrs on it when I sold the boat. Joey has built some record setting engines. He has the cat killer engines in the shop waiting to be rebuilt now. I hope everyone thats having engines built over the winter have a great boating season. If you can make it be sure to sign up for the Jammin on the James and the Norfolk Cancer Society poker run. I will miss the Jammin on the James this year, I have to Dee Jay that week end. I get back from a two week cruise on the Friday night of the Norfolk Poker run on that Saturday. I may have to bum a ride for that one. But everyone come on to the run, I would like to meet all of you.
SO LAMBERTIS ENGINES ARE AT JOEYS?????? CAN YOU SEE THE FLAMES COMING OFF MY HEAD . ANOTHER KEY WEST DEAL LAMBERTI BACKED OUT OF... I THINK AS DUMB AS I AM FOR GIVING HIM ENGINES IN KWEST I UNDERSTAND WHY STERLING SOLD A SET OF HIS ENGINES, AND YOUR RIGHT JOE YOU SHOULD HAVE HAD BENNY WITH YOU BECAUSE I CAN PROMISE THE MOTORS, OIL AND FILTERS, THE DRIVES, AND ALL THE S HIT YOU GOT FROM ME FOR NOTHING WOULD HAVE NEVER COME OUT OF OUR TRUCKS AND YOU WOULD HAVE SPENT ABOUT 200K VERSES WHAT YOU HAVENT PAID YET.. ABSOLUTLY NO REFLECTION ON JEFFREY MCCAIN NOR HIS GREAT WIFE KERRI THEY ARE THE ONLY REASON THAT THE WAS BOAT RUNNING ON SUNDAY.............

Last edited by Driveguy; 02-21-2011 at 08:58 PM.
Old 02-21-2011, 08:44 PM
Registered

I've been to his shop and the swapped parts may be due to sloppy housekeeping, it's definetly not the most organized shop I have ever been in,

he rebuilt an outdrive for me and I had no issues
Old 02-22-2011, 07:23 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Pete280
I've been to his shop and the swapped parts may be due to sloppy housekeeping, it's definetly not the most organized shop I have ever been in,

he rebuilt an outdrive for me and I had no issues
go to sonnys in lynchburg,va. !!!!!!!
Old 02-23-2011, 04:15 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Local shop here that does top notch, fantastic and honest work. Many references. Much cheaper than the big name shops.

Pm me for contact.

I would stay away from Joey Griffin.
Old 02-24-2011, 08:31 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Driveguy
SO LAMBERTIS ENGINES ARE AT JOEYS?????? CAN YOU SEE THE FLAMES COMING OFF MY HEAD . ANOTHER KEY WEST DEAL LAMBERTI BACKED OUT OF... I THINK AS DUMB AS I AM FOR GIVING HIM ENGINES IN KWEST I UNDERSTAND WHY STERLING SOLD A SET OF HIS ENGINES, AND YOUR RIGHT JOE YOU SHOULD HAVE HAD BENNY WITH YOU BECAUSE I CAN PROMISE THE MOTORS, OIL AND FILTERS, THE DRIVES, AND ALL THE S HIT YOU GOT FROM ME FOR NOTHING WOULD HAVE NEVER COME OUT OF OUR TRUCKS AND YOU WOULD HAVE SPENT ABOUT 200K VERSES WHAT YOU HAVENT PAID YET.. ABSOLUTLY NO REFLECTION ON JEFFREY MCCAIN NOR HIS GREAT WIFE KERRI THEY ARE THE ONLY REASON THAT THE WAS BOAT RUNNING ON SUNDAY.............
Hope your not mad at me. Now i uderstand the two text i just found. Hope everyone will do what is right on all ends. Thanks for the wife comment, she is great, and she did tell me so.
Old 10-08-2012, 05:23 PM
Donzi33ZX
Gold Member

I emailed Fountain, was told to call, I saw him in a FB photo. Found this post on Google. Interesting, and I personally know all involved in the bad reviews, but want to base my own opinion. Email response was good, all looks well in photo's but the proof is on the water and who recommends you. Still looking, my friends in Hampton Roads have been helpfull, 281 actual hours on my 2003 33ZX, awesome Donzi. It will be on the computer tomorrow. Thanks to all for their opinion. Bryan Tuvell
Old 10-08-2012, 06:32 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 246 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by water taxi
go to sonnys in lynchburg,va. !!!!!!!
+1

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.