Old 03-03-2011, 08:23 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks, I'll try that tomorrow.
Old 03-03-2011, 09:35 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think I am about to get my true test of ebay/paypal.

I purchased a coin on ebay. The Chineese are really getting sneaky. I don't know how many are aware....but they are about to perfect counterfeiting coins. Ebay is their main outlet!

Cut through the chase...anyone with any knowledge will not buy a coin from China. I purchased this coin from a seller in the UK. I paid with paypal and was billed in Canadian dollars! WTF! The a few days later the COUNTERFEIT coin was delivered from an addy in Ohio!

I think they have this figured out. In order to receive a refund under ebays buyer protection I had to return the coin to the users addy on his account...alias I had to send the coin to the UK. The cheapest way to get a tracking number overseas is by registered mail. I don't get a refund until the seller recieves the coin back. I'll wager $100 that the seller will just refuse to accept the package.

It will be interesting to see how ebay handles this. I pushed and pushed to try and get ebay to persue this through the authorities....well you know where that went...We are just a venue for sellers. Little do they know if they let this viruse the Chineese have created spread...it will cost them either a ton of customers or greenbacks!
Old 03-03-2011, 10:08 PM
Registered

According to my situtation he had 10 days to log in a tracking number. If they dont pick up the item in a reasonable amount of time then you get the money. Did you register a tracking number with your return? You would have had 10 days to do that from the time of your complaint.

please let us know what happens please

Last edited by toolsinbox; 03-03-2011 at 10:17 PM.
Old 03-04-2011, 04:56 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by toolsinbox
According to my situtation he had 10 days to log in a tracking number. If they dont pick up the item in a reasonable amount of time then you get the money. Did you register a tracking number with your return? You would have had 10 days to do that from the time of your complaint.

please let us know what happens please
Yes I did! The USPS tracking system isn't worth a crap overseas! I sent the coin Monday and it still just shows as just being accepted by the PO.

It will also be interesting to see if ebay follows through with their promise to reinburse me for the foriegn transaction fee and additional shipping costs. I was told on the phone by a customer service rep they would and they had me send them a pic of the PO receipt. I didn't want to return the coin and spoke with a couple people yesterday that were not required to return a counterfeit. They said it's against the law to mail a counterfeit? (scratches head in disbelief)
Old 03-04-2011, 07:11 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by pachanga
Yes I did! The USPS tracking system isn't worth a crap overseas! I sent the coin Monday and it still just shows as just being accepted by the PO.

It will also be interesting to see if ebay follows through with their promise to reinburse me for the foriegn transaction fee and additional shipping costs. I was told on the phone by a customer service rep they would and they had me send them a pic of the PO receipt. I didn't want to return the coin and spoke with a couple people yesterday that were not required to return a counterfeit. They said it's against the law to mail a counterfeit? (scratches head in disbelief)
correct , it will not show up on the tracking system until its delivered or signed for . it will be very interested to hear the outcome on your saga , ebay & paypal do whatever they feel like on that given day , but have no problem grabbing there fees within seconds of the transaction.
good luck
Old 03-04-2011, 07:29 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by formula455
Heres a great paypal story, I purchased a durmax pickup in texas drove 1000 miles to pick it up, naturaly the dealership missrepresented it , but they had over 100 trucks on the lot so I found a different truck, left my trade with a title and paid the difference in cash, to make a long story short it took me over a year to get a title the dealership filled for bankruptcy the following monday and the title for the truck was held by different dealer, paypal wouldnt even give me the 500.00 deposit I paid at auction end, they said because I have the merchandise, I told them with out a title it is worthless, they said too bad, they are theives and someday i will get even.
heres a great Ebay/Paypal story

i bought a computer and paid in full ,seller does'nt have one to ship and spent already the $$ i sent

purchased a computer and paid thru paypal within minutes of auction close, seller emailed they needed another $500.00 off ebay thru western union . i said cancel and send me a refund , seller wrote already spent the monie and wont have it to refund till April spent hours on the phone with ebay and since seller has sold a diamond ring on ebay and not shipped, & another computer and ebay sayz well keep an eye on his acount and review it periodically .WTF 5 weeks and 11 phone calls & finally Paypal returned the $$$

the Seller's wrote :"i offered the customer a refund by me offering her some of my paycheck on thursday and the rest of it when i got my taxes back in a couple of weeks but she refused the offer.the dropshipping company im doing business with,which i failed to mention during my posting,wont release the product until i give them the difference of over 500 dollars and i dont have that in my checking account to process and the same goes with me trying to refund her money all at one time.i tried coming up with the solution by offering her some of my paycheck,which i mentioned earlier in the case,this thursday and then the rest of it when i get my income taxes back in a couple of weeks and then give her a bit more back then what she won the bid for.yes her payment was posted on Jan 16,2011 but the dropshipping company didnt tell me that i would have to pay the difference on the product that i didnt make money with which in this case is over 500 dollars and i dont have that in my checking account at this time"
Old 03-06-2011, 04:55 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Fountain4402
thats the problem with doing business on the internet. And I always ensure anything I sell is final and buyer has acknowleged it.
with ebay & paypal nothings final and they will give the monies back if they damn well feel like ...
Old 03-06-2011, 06:31 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Fountain4402
thats the problem with doing business on the internet. And I always ensure anything I sell is final and buyer has acknowleged it.
Thats why people use credit cards. I've never returned anything but I certainly want the option to return it if it's not as advertised. People sell props sold as like new and arrive looking like they were used for years in shallow water, wouldn't you want to return it in that case?
Old 03-07-2011, 05:10 PM
Registered

Default Success!

Wow...I guess it helps to be a top ebay customer. Called the helpline...virtually no wait time as they give you a PIN # to pass the minions! The rep I talked with did an over ride on policy,escalated my case and refunded my money! It was in my paypal account within minutes after I hung up the phone! I pushed a little on cracking down on the Chinese and I was added to a list of contacts for ebay's counterfeit detection. I have to say I am 12 for 12 with having to use the resolution center on ebay.

I will now duck and run from the mob unhappy with ebay!
Old 03-07-2011, 10:33 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by pachanga
Wow...I guess it helps to be a top ebay customer. Called the helpline...virtually no wait time as they give you a PIN # to pass the minions! The rep I talked with did an over ride on policy,escalated my case and refunded my money! It was in my paypal account within minutes after I hung up the phone! I pushed a little on cracking down on the Chinese and I was added to a list of contacts for ebay's counterfeit detection. I have to say I am 12 for 12 with having to use the resolution center on ebay.

I will now duck and run from the mob unhappy with ebay!
Glad to here it worked out for you.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.