Watch out for This scammer >

Watch out for This scammer

Notices

Watch out for This scammer

Old 06-06-2011, 09:50 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Watch out for This scammer

My wife ran across a too good to be true listing on boattrader for a 2002 Sea Ray Sundancer 34'. The add lists the boat for 50k. She asked for pictures and he responded with the email below and pics of someone elses boat ("Treading Water" from Dunbar New Hampshire) which is listed on Yachtworld. The guy is using the name Willian Hansen with an email address of [email protected]. His first email

Hello,
I'm sorry for the late reply but for some unforeseen reasons I was unable to check my e-mail until now.
The boat is still for sale. The asking price is $50,000 (shipping included).
This used to be my grandfather's boat but he died last year and I don't have any use for it right now.
After my grandfather died last year I took the boat with me and I live in Mandan, ND.
But the price includes the shipping costs.
Right now the boat is registered on my name and the title is clear.
It is in great condition, no dents or scratches.
It has never suffered any kind of damage.
If you have any questions regarding the boat just let me know!
I had a buyer offering $51,500 and I've lost about 2 weeks waiting for him to pay just to find out in the end
that his loan wasn't approved. I've lowered the price because I'm in desperate need of cash
it's either the boat or the house so if you don't need a loan you can have it.
I'm currently signed up for a protection program offered by Google Checkout and I would like to close the deal through them.
If you are not aware of this program you should know that it will allow you to inspect the boat before paying me.
You will have a 3-day inspection period to decide whether you want to keep the boator not before they release the funds to me.
They will secure our deal and they will hold your payment until you get, check and accept the boat
If you are still interested and have cash just send me your Google id (www.GoogleCheckout.com) and I'll ask them to fill you in with the transaction details.
I don't want to offend you, but the boar is priced for a fast sale so please if you intend to apply for a loan or financing do not reply to this message!

Looking forward to hear from you.
Thank you

He responded back to her request for pics with this email

If you are interested in buying the boat you have to know that once you receive it you have 3 days to inspect it and if you find that it is not like I said,you can send it back on my expense...but I'm sure that won't be the case...After starting up the transaction at Google Checkout, your payment which will be deposited in their safe account will be blocked until the end of the deal.
You make the payment to Google Checkout through a bank to bank transfer.After they will check the payment they announce me to start the shipping.
After you will receive the boat and see that is ok, you have to announce them that you have it. Only then, Google will release your payment to me.
In order to begin the deal,please email me your Google ID in order to open the contract,and they will contact you with all the information you need.
Also I will need your full name and address for shipping.
Thank you.
Old 06-06-2011, 10:10 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

once you do a wire transfer say good bye to your money it is a one way trip and as far as i know it cannot be stopped
Old 06-06-2011, 10:30 PM
Registered

Received 607 Likes on 275 Posts

Bastards
Old 06-07-2011, 02:09 AM
Registered

Got the same kind of email reply on a bobcat the other day. Who would seriously take the bait after reading this kind of crap email...
Old 06-07-2011, 02:45 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Lots of these people around unfortunately.
Got burnt myself once on Ebay.
My lesson was - for big ticket items only deal with big
business, costs more but it's safer in the long run IMHO.
Unless you know the person you are dealing with.
Old 06-07-2011, 04:40 AM
Registered

Default scammers

Funny, I got the same email on a Kubota Tractor that was on craigslist.
Old 06-07-2011, 06:20 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by THE 288 KID
Got the same kind of email reply on a bobcat the other day. Who would seriously take the bait after reading this kind of crap email...
unfortunately people do all of the time or they wouldnt still be trying it just like the guy thought he could buy a 2007 30 outlaw for 50k i the baja section
Old 06-07-2011, 07:59 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by bsebesy
My wife ran across a too good to be true listing on boattrader for a 2002 Sea Ray Sundancer 34'. The add lists the boat for 50k. She asked for pictures and he responded with the email below and pics of someone elses boat ("Treading Water" from Dunbar New Hampshire) which is listed on Yachtworld. The guy is using the name Willian Hansen with an email address of [email protected]. His first email

Hello,
I'm sorry for the late reply but for some unforeseen reasons I was unable to check my e-mail until now.
The boat is still for sale. The asking price is $50,000 (shipping included).
This used to be my grandfather's boat but he died last year and I don't have any use for it right now.
After my grandfather died last year I took the boat with me and I live in Mandan, ND.
But the price includes the shipping costs.
Right now the boat is registered on my name and the title is clear.
It is in great condition, no dents or scratches.
It has never suffered any kind of damage.
If you have any questions regarding the boat just let me know!
I had a buyer offering $51,500 and I've lost about 2 weeks waiting for him to pay just to find out in the end
that his loan wasn't approved. I've lowered the price because I'm in desperate need of cash
it's either the boat or the house so if you don't need a loan you can have it.
I'm currently signed up for a protection program offered by Google Checkout and I would like to close the deal through them.
If you are not aware of this program you should know that it will allow you to inspect the boat before paying me.
You will have a 3-day inspection period to decide whether you want to keep the boator not before they release the funds to me.
They will secure our deal and they will hold your payment until you get, check and accept the boat
If you are still interested and have cash just send me your Google id (www.GoogleCheckout.com) and I'll ask them to fill you in with the transaction details.
I don't want to offend you, but the boar is priced for a fast sale so please if you intend to apply for a loan or financing do not reply to this message!

Looking forward to hear from you.
Thank you

He responded back to her request for pics with this email

If you are interested in buying the boat you have to know that once you receive it you have 3 days to inspect it and if you find that it is not like I said,you can send it back on my expense...but I'm sure that won't be the case...After starting up the transaction at Google Checkout, your payment which will be deposited in their safe account will be blocked until the end of the deal.
You make the payment to Google Checkout through a bank to bank transfer.After they will check the payment they announce me to start the shipping.
After you will receive the boat and see that is ok, you have to announce them that you have it. Only then, Google will release your payment to me.
In order to begin the deal,please email me your Google ID in order to open the contract,and they will contact you with all the information you need.
Also I will need your full name and address for shipping.
Thank you.
Isn't Bill Hansen from Dateline NBC
Old 06-07-2011, 09:15 AM
Registered

Chris Hansen
Old 06-07-2011, 09:31 AM
Registered

Received 607 Likes on 275 Posts

There are a lot of red flags in that e-mail but the "no dents" comment is all I needed to see.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.