What would you do??? >

What would you do???

Notices

What would you do???

Old 09-28-2011, 08:54 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default fixx

your in michigan, i thought michigan was a no fault state so they can get away withallot of crap like this up over their
Old 09-29-2011, 12:09 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by pachanga27
No both receipts state 90 day warranty which both failures were barely in to the first month. I haven't even mentioned other things he has done but I just wanted to focus on the big stuff. It has been a 2 year nightmare!!!
Does the warranty list any specific limitations? I would try to hold them to whatever it says. IMHO..... Small claims would be the way to go. It would cost too much to have an attorney deal with it.
Old 09-29-2011, 03:56 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by LicenseToChill
Does the warranty list any specific limitations? I would try to hold them to whatever it says. IMHO..... Small claims would be the way to go. It would cost too much to have an attorney deal with it.

Thanks.

Last edited by pachanga27; 09-29-2011 at 03:59 PM.
Old 09-29-2011, 03:57 PM
Registered

Thanks for all the feedback guys!
Old 09-29-2011, 03:58 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by pachanga27
Agreed I am going to go the small claims route when I do something.
Warranty says all parts and labor is covered dunno I have a Lawyer friend I will have read it before I go to court. He also said go the small claims route.
Old 09-30-2011, 07:21 AM
Registered

Received 29 Likes on 6 Posts

I would go small claims as well. Just a question tho, did you not smell or see the engine burning all that oil? Seems to me that if it happened fast it would have fouled the plugs, and if it happened slow you should have caught it if you check your oil regularly.

All the other stuff falls back on the builder, however you might have saved yourself some time and money by checking the oil. I always tell people, it is your responsibility to protect your warranty. Most builders will not warranty a low oil failure that happened slowly over many hours of use.

Good luck, and find a new builder
Old 09-30-2011, 08:14 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by 4bus
Seems to me that if it happened fast it would have fouled the plugs, and if it happened slow you should have caught it if you check your oil regularly.
See post # 1!
Old 09-30-2011, 10:49 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I agree Tyler has done me right many times. Give him a call. This time of year you might get him when he is slow ( work load wise), but even then he has boats lined up with winter work
Old 09-30-2011, 12:16 PM
Registered

There was no smell or signs of trouble at all the day it let go, It is a 35 minute run across the bay to our state park so no I didn't stop and check the oil on the way to the park. however I do pull the dipstick before I leave the dock and it was full and I always do a checklist to see if the bottom plug is leaking any hoses leaking belts etc. I manage a Mercury parts & service department and I have been on a boat since I could walk so I'm schooled on operator responsibilties, but like I asked the builder, do you pull the dipstick on your truck every time you got to the store? On a brand new motor I never would have guessed I would lose 5 quarts of oil running to the beach! The motor runs great now and was built with all the good stuff but it was just the little things that were overlooked that made the last motor kill its self. I just feel because of there stupidty I lost a good motor and I want my money back.
Old 09-30-2011, 07:48 PM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

-----I also will tell you to head to beautiful downtown Ruby Mi. and have Tyler Crockett do the job. You wont be disapointed.
-----I see where you are from,,,and am guessing who your "builder" is. Can you let us in on that tidbit, or PM me. I may be able to give you more info, if not help........Bill S

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.