Notices

Beware of BF XENON

Old 03-04-2012, 07:03 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Beware of BF XENON

Components are wired improperly by chinamen and packaged wrong by illiterate illegals. I ordered hid kits for my superduty. 8000k headlights and 6000k driving lights. I received one 6k and one 8k drving light. The headlights were completely wrong. Sent the proper headlights and viola, high beams don't work despite having spent more for high/low option. Guy pretty much says he knew there was a problem and refers me to another forum where someone had hired an electrician to figure out how to fix it. Told him to send me the proper harness. He said he would and it has been 2 months, multiple phone calls and emails and no corrective harness. I am guessing because he doesn't have one that works properly.
Old 03-04-2012, 09:27 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by grapeape93
Components are wired improperly by chinamen and packaged wrong by illiterate illegals. I ordered hid kits for my superduty. 8000k headlights and 6000k driving lights. I received one 6k and one 8k drving light. The headlights were completely wrong. Sent the proper headlights and viola, high beams don't work despite having spent more for high/low option. Guy pretty much says he knew there was a problem and refers me to another forum where someone had hired an electrician to figure out how to fix it. Told him to send me the proper harness. He said he would and it has been 2 months, multiple phone calls and emails and no corrective harness. I am guessing because he doesn't have one that works properly.
I used Zenex (Amazon) and are very happy with them. Their instructions are not well put together but if you understand electricity and how to use a meter you'll be fine.

On a separate note, I would never use anything but 4,000-4,300K bulbs because the rest are for show. Mostly scattered light and what little makes it to the ground is useless.
Old 03-04-2012, 11:59 PM
Registered

Received 690 Likes on 276 Posts

read up oin those forums, I dont know your exact problem, but set up a dual hid setup on a 2 stroke quad a few years ago, basically had to rewire the entire bike, add a rectifier and battery, modify the lights and the hid bulbs to work together etc.. its not really that difficult.